PLEASE TELL ME IT'S NOT ALL BLACK AND WHITE IS IT?

eric r

da snowman (4/28/2008)

im part of the problem because im black???i never said anything about me being racist. i have plenty of white friends, and conversate with plenty of them. i dont look at that. i was just stating the facts. living in georgia, most things will be considered a black and white thing..like for example if a cop sees 4 black males rolling in a car with tinted windows, 9 times out of 10 they will get pulled over..now take 4 white males and put them in the same situation, i dont think they will get pulled over..take it from someone who has experienced this, i seen it with my own two eyes, so i know racism is still going on.

LOL yet that doesnt sound like a "whoe is me" complaint?

I get pulled over constantly because of what I drive, by both black and white cops alike.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has never been black or white for me. I would love to have Vince Young or even McNabb, but not Vick. You know that feeling when you see a halfback pass? That is what I felt like everytime he dropped back to throw...I was like, NO GOD DON'T THROW IT...RUN VICK RUN!!!

Lol...that is not the feeling i want to get on 3rd and 12 .... Hoping the QB doesn't throw the ball. I am happy we have Ryan now, he brings a new light to the franchise. He is a good kid, with alot of talent. Now we will be like " DON'T RUN RYAN....THROW IT! lol

logic (4/28/2008)
Unfortunately for Matt Ryan he is going to receive the same treatment from the black fanbase as Vick received from the white fanbase. Nothing he ever does will be good enough and he will be under intense scrutiny and criticism. Every failure of the team will be directly placed on his shoulders. And if and when he does win, it will be inspite of him and not because of him.. I hope his skin is thick.

i highly doubt this..i dont think ryan will sell out the dome like vick did..and in light of vicks failures on the field, the dome still sold out every season..if ryan fails, the dome will never sellout again.

da snowman (4/28/2008)
xnex (4/28/2008)
da snowman (4/28/2008)
rev_hal (4/28/2008)
da snowman (4/28/2008)
sorry to tell you this, but look what state you are in...its the south..slave state..more things then usual will be magnified into black and white..this type of stuff wont happen in lets say california or indy, or pittsburgh..we are in the south..sorry but you must know the truth.

Well, the race hatred is flowing from BOTH sides. You are part of the problem that you are complaining about. You are no better than the people you condem.

im part of the problem because im black???i never said anything about me being racist. i have plenty of white friends, and conversate with plenty of them. i dont look at that. i was just stating the facts. living in georgia, most things will be considered a black and white thing..like for example if a cop sees 4 black males rolling in a car with tinted windows, 9 times out of 10 they will get pulled over..now take 4 white males and put them in the same situation, i dont think they will get pulled over..take it from someone who has experienced this, i seen it with my own two eyes, so i know racism is still going on.

Racism exists in every state, not just the South. White people don't trust black people and black people don't trust white people. That's a generalization of course, as many white people and black people do not have issues with people of other races; but generally it's true and it's not just in the south.

while this may be true, it is magnified more in the south tho.

I don't believe that either. How many times have you read about a story or seen it on TV where a bunch of cops went crazy and mowed down some black guy in NY or Cal, or anywhere for that matter. While there MAY BE more hardcore racists in the south I actually think that there are far more white people and black people in the south who get along just fine compared to race relations in other parts of the country.

da snowman (4/28/2008)
sorry to tell you this, but look what state you are in...its the south..slave state..more things then usual will be magnified into black and white..this type of stuff wont happen in lets say california or indy, or pittsburgh..we are in the south..sorry but you must know the truth.

I am in Georgia...a state in the United States of America.  You are creating more of an issue by consistently only wanting to get behind the black athletes, and acting like the white ones are a joke.  You feed the fire of the racism on this board, almost as much as Vick 75. 

I for one don't care who the QB is, as long as he wins games.  I don't care about color.  I was raised in a racist home, but once I got old enough to have my own ideas, i rejected the ideas that had been imprinted on my young mind.  Maybe we should all try that...you know, seeing people as people, and then color.  And I know I will get the "you don't understand because you're white" and that is ok, because all I'm trying to do is have a conversation.  If you choose to see this as a slave state, then maybe you should do more research into Georgia's origins. 

logic (4/28/2008)
Unfortunately for Matt Ryan he is going to receive the same treatment from the black fanbase as Vick received from the white fanbase. Nothing he ever does will be good enough and he will be under intense scrutiny and criticism. Every failure of the team will be directly placed on his shoulders. And if and when he does win, it will be inspite of him and not because of him.. I hope his skin is thick.

I am white and I loved and supported Vick. I find your statement offensive and insulting.

Magic Man (4/28/2008)
da snowman (4/28/2008)

I am in Georgia...a state in the United States of America.  You are creating more of an issue by consistently only wanting to get behind the black athletes, and acting like the white ones are a joke.  You feed the fire of the racism on this board, almost as much as Vick 75. 

I for one don't care who the QB is, as long as he wins games.  I don't care about color.  I was raised in a racist home, but once I got old enough to have my own ideas, i rejected the ideas that had been imprinted on my young mind.  Maybe we should all try that...you know, seeing people as people, and then color.  And I know I will get the "you don't understand because you're white" and that is ok, because all I'm trying to do is have a conversation.  If you choose to see this as a slave state, then maybe you should do more research into Georgia's origins. 

in none of my post, did anything i say make me look like a racist..im not mad at the matt ryan pick..i dont excitied about it either until he proves me otherwise..i dont know what part of town you live in, but when u drive around and see confederate flags in peoples yards, what does that tell you? and when you hear about nueses or however u spell it being hung from trees in these high schools and white kids thinking its a joke, what do u call that...no matter hard u try not to realize it, racism still exisits in georgia..

rev_hal (4/28/2008)
logic (4/28/2008)

I am white and I loved and supported Vick. I find your statement offensive and insulting.

Well my friend ofcourse I was generalizing. The nature of message board responses sometimes leans towards engaging in a bit of hyperbole. Naturally there are always exceptions to every rule. No need to take offense.

I hope that Matt Ryan does well.  And as I've stated before I'll cheer for all Falcons on the field.  But I can see that the media, including the AJC is already trying to make Ryan a model poster boy.  They tried this with Joey, but it did not work for many reasons.  As AB has made a HUGE investment with this pick and although Ryan is not mobile or quick, which is imperative in the NFL, AB and company are going to do what it takes over time to put the right people around the QB THIS TIME

Unfortunately it is a black and white issue.  When I read and posted comments in the Vick forum last year, I saw a lot of racially charged comments from so-called Falcons fans.  It was (and in some cases still is) terrible.  And the comments accompanied racial slurs and phrases about blacks, the NAACP, and others.  Yes, there are those in this great community of ours that really did not want a black quarterback in Atlanta, I know I've heard the conversations.  Although Vick's fanbase includes people from all races and ethnicities, the dogfighting fed into those who hatef bacause they already had preconceived notions.  Atlanta is a significantly DIVERSE city.  And if you think that folks don't pay attention to the Falcons Boards, the AJC, ESPN (others), and these message boards, and see the blatant racism in posts, articles and commentaries you're in a fantasy world.

This stuff needs to stop.

Fan7 (4/28/2008)
I hope that Matt Ryan does well.  And as I've stated before I'll cheer for all Falcons on the field.  But I can see that the media, including the AJC is already trying to make Ryan a model poster boy.  They tried this with Joey, but it did not work for many reasons.  As AB has made a HUGE investment with this pick and although Ryan is not mobile or quick, which is imperative in the NFL, AB and company are going to do what it takes over time to put the right people around the QB THIS TIME

Unfortunately it is a black and white issue.  When I read and posted comments in the Vick forum last year, I saw a lot of racially charged comments from so-called Falcons fans.  It was (and in some cases still is) terrible.  And the comments accompanied racial slurs and phrases about blacks, the NAACP, and others.  Yes, there are those in this great community of ours that really did not want a black quarterback in Atlanta, I know I've heard the conversations.  Although Vick's fanbase includes people from all races and ethnicities, the dogfighting fed into those who hatef bacause they already had preconceived notions.  Atlanta is a significantly DIVERSE city.  And if you think that folks don't pay attention to the Falcons Boards, the AJC, ESPN (others), and these message boards, and see the blatant racism in posts, articles and commentaries you're in a fantasy world.

This stuff needs to stop.

I agree with you,it needs to stop,besides nobody on this board i bet can really say that they didn't like it when vick ran for them winning touchdowns,i bet they cheered just like the rest of us,it's about winning not who's leading the way to it.I'm not trying to stay on the vick thing because it's all but over now and i hope matt ryan and baker and lofton and the rest of the picks can come in here and lead us back to the superbowl,because when we do go back to the bowl, black and whites together will be cheering for the falcons just like we should everyday of the year.WHERE A NATION OF ONE WE WON'T GO NO WHERE UNTILL WE COME TOGETHER TO MAKE IT ONE.

Magic Man (4/28/2008)
da snowman (4/28/2008)

in none of my post, did anything i say make me look like a racist..im not mad at the matt ryan pick..i dont excitied about it either until he proves me otherwise..i dont know what part of town you live in, but when u drive around and see confederate flags in peoples yards, what does that tell you? and when you hear about nueses or however u spell it being hung from trees in these high schools and white kids thinking its a joke, what do u call that...no matter hard u try not to realize it, racism still exisits in georgia..

Well I am a 26 year old white male and I live in Arkansas and have my whole life. I've had best friends that were black and my dad has as well, yes there is some racism going on in Arkansas, but there are also alot of black and white people that get along as well and don't see color. If you get offened when you see rebel flags than im sorry I have never owned one because my black friends did get offened as well, but that being said I have had a lot of white friends own rebel flags and not mean anything by it. They just wanted to represent the south and stuff and were not racist. I also was a big mike vick fan and found myself always defending him and how he was a really good qb. So it is not always black and white it just depends on the person and how they see it.

birdz4i (4/28/2008)
REV.2000 (4/28/2008)
MATT RYAN IS THE NEW FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK ........ AND MIKE VICK IS STILL GETTING TOP BILLING ON HERE. AND FROM THE VERY PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY CAN'T STAND HIM. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!:)

exactly rev

That's true

da snowman (4/28/2008)
rev_hal (4/28/2008)
da snowman (4/28/2008)
sorry to tell you this, but look whatstate you are in...its the south..slave state..more things then usual will be magnified into black and white..this type of stuff wont happen in lets say california or indy, or pittsburgh..we are in the south..sorry but you must know the truth.

Well, the race hatred is flowing from BOTH sides. You are part of the problem that you are complaining about. You are no better than the people you condem.

You are one of the Boards worst fan with the Black white ##### snow.First off having a ton of family that are police not in GA but cops none the less.If they see 4 males in a car in a area that is high drug they will pull them over.It just so happens to be that most ghettos have high drug traffic areas and the police who are in danger every time they stop someone are just doing there job.

It is our responsibility to our youth to try and provide a safe place for them to grow up and drugs are the worst thing for any race and it causes poverty.

I am sorry that your hated on by the MAN as you so put it all the time but in my city there are as many Black cops as White and they hate on Whites and Blacks the same.

I pray your views on race are not passed onto your children because your going to pass on HATE.If your truly hated on this way I feel for you but if you claim to deal with a problem you did not face or think that any time anything bad happens its because your Black then grow up.

My opinion on the whole race thing is.Most of us go to public schools.I cant afford to live down town but thats where the projects and ghettos are located.I dont complain because I cant live in down town.I dont say that the Black people get better or worse schooling.It is simply how you choose to live,if you want to better yourself go to school.If you want to go far in life keep you thing in your pants.Teenage pregnancy,hiv and stds along with drugs are a world problem not a race problem.GROW UP.

Kobold King (4/28/2008)
da snowman (4/28/2008)

but when u drive around and see confederate flags in peoples yards, what does that tell you?

It tells me that if you think those people are only flyingthe confederate flagto be racist that you are indeed a complete and total ******.

:w00t: word!

da snowman is the idiot poster that called white people "stupid crackers" and NOTHING was done about it. This was about a month ago. Is anyone here really surprised at his continued racist remarks? Will anything be done about it?

blkbigdog35 (4/28/2008)
It's not all black and white it's just the soicety we live in with the many sterotypes.  I'm a black male and I respect people no matter what color as long as the same respect is given in return.  Racism is ignorance!!

That's the simple truth! If people would only live by the Golden Rule...