Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norwood-32

� King Arthur� dons crown during NFL draft to assert authority&

83 posts in this topic

IonSen88 (4/28/2008)
muskokas finest (4/28/2008)
Blank is reminding me of Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder....that's not a good thing

Jerry Jones has a fistful of SuperBowls.

More of the meddling, photo-op, I know more than my football guys, type

IonSen88 (4/28/2008)
Blank is reminding me of Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder....that's not a good thing

Jerry Jones has a fistful of SuperBowls.

More of the meddling, photo-op, I know more than my football guys, type

So provide us with some examples of Blank meddling with HIS team......

Shiney_McShine (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
Shiney_McShine (4/28/2008)
What I find absurd is the specious reasoning some have that the slection of Ryan was an Arthur Blank power play to fill the seats and sell jerseys.....Considering the large number of fans that wanted the team to select Dorsey(including me), he would have done better by having the team select Dorsey.

Why and how some you wake up each morning, intent on hating is disturbing.

That's true. But defensive tackles are never the 'face' of the franchise. And rarely, do you even see jerseys with a DT's name on the back. With the exception of Henderson, Stroud, and a few others, DTs don't make good jersey sales.

The only ones perpetuating this "Face of the Franchise" rhetoric is the media, and guys like you. NO ONE in the Falcons organization is saying Ryan is the face of the franchise....You are.....So stop.

The "Face of the Franchise" is a very real thing in the NFL. Every team has one, if not a couple. The "face" of a franchise is normally the player that shows up the most on TV when a certain team is talked about. For the Colts, it's Manning. For the Chargers, it's LT.

Ryan more than likely will become the "face" of the franchise, whether he likes it or not.

Ryan more than likely will become the "face" of the franchise, whether he likes it or not.

Nope,  it will be Blank... that's the face of the franchise...

norwood-32 (4/27/2008)
With the 3rd pick of the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons draft...Matt Ryan.

And to the shock of thousands of Falcons fans, the Atlanta Falcons have decided to skip Dorsey and instead, reach for Matt Ryan.

- - -

After a dismal season and not making the playoffs for three years straight, King Arthur has become desperate for fame and support. Anxious to right this sinking ship, Arthur has again impulsively made a decision - valuing immediate victory over long-term success.

To any casual observer of the NFL, if a quarterback is doing badly, then replace him with another one. While it sounds good on paper, that sort of mentality often leads to further frustration rather than satisfaction.

The battle King Arthur faced today was to either draft a new face of the franchise or build a foundation for the future. Completely mortified by last season, King Arthur rashly chose the irrational decision let s bring in a new face and wipe away the past.

Little does King Arthur know, just recklessly patching together a team will not win games. Yes, he may get a small boost in jersey sales, but as time goes on, he ll again see his team fall apart. If he really wants to earn the big bucks, he needs to have the patience to build a team and not just scrap together players.

Now, King Arthur does deserve credit as he sincerely yearns to succeed, but he just does not know how to. Part of the reason Bill Parcells did not take the job was because Parcells saw the tight leash he would be 'chained' to if he worked under King Arthur. Parcells wanted to build his team while King Arthur desired his squad. Sadly, Bill Parcells is the one that actually has the resume to prove that his scheme works.

As the saying goes, winning is the best deodorant. The Falcons may win a few games here and there with the spark Matt Ryan brings, but after the fireworks die down, fans will again see the lackluster team that characterize the Falcons oh so well.

You can always give the ship a new paintjob, but does that make the ship sail?

dude--its stopped being funny!

Nowood32

jsettle44

crump_83

ATL75

Vick75

Haynes45

ovie34

Give it up. We get it!! Now go have a whine-akin. Or...a wheh burger with french cries!!!

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong with posting my opinion in a peaceful manner? I'm not flaming anybody.

tard

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Not trying to be funny. Just stating my opinion.

Why did you dig this terd out of oblivion?

You should have just started a whole new thread that said the exact same thing.

Dedsquirrl (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Not trying to be funny. Just stating my opinion.

Why did you dig thisterd out of oblivion?

You should have just started a whole new thread that said the exact same thing.

I mean if you want me to repost it that's fine. I'm just making the forum less cluttered. Remember what happened when J. Williams skipped camp? The whole front page was full of identical Jimmy William threads.

Bring It (4/29/2008)
It's obvious you know NOTHING about football or the NFL.

Why do you waste your time and our time on this forum ??

Pathetic.

I don't know where you get that idea from my post but whatever. I'm not here to participate in Sports Jeopardy.

HOLY CRAP...you really don't like the Matt Ryan Pick??? That is front page stuff man...you need to post at least 6 or 7 threads that say the same thing, and consistently try to make them look like articles to lure in the casual noob...oh wait...that's what you're already doing...:D

Magic Man (4/29/2008)
HOLY CRAP...you really don't like the Matt Ryan Pick??? That is front page stuff man...you need to post at least 6 or 7 threads that say the same thing, and consistently try to make them look like articles to lure in the casual noob...oh wait...that's what you're already doing...:D

This is actually the ONLY thread I've posted about Matt Ryan.

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Under this name, you pathetic troll.  Do you have multiple computers set up in your moms basement, and a chair that swivels so you can roll your fat a$$ around to the different screen names and post the same garbage?

The trolls of old were dangerous and mysterious beasts.

They were crafty creatures who would cultivate an aura of fandom for months, even years, before they would spring their traps. Taking on the guise of real fans, they would infiltrate the community, win friends and establish influence with insightful observations, always flirting their devotion to the team on the edges of their statements, not proclaiming it from the balcony with roaring voices.

And then their sabotage would begin as an itch. Then a scratch. Then a festering sore. And finally, the board was in flames.

Luckily, todays breed of troll are impatient beasts that cannot get to 100 posts without revealing themselves. Their lust for self gratification causes them to expose themselves before the other posters accept them into the fold. They are more easily, and with less regret, returned to the troll forest There, they can gnaw at their fingers and change their screen name yet again, but at least the community was only annoyed by dung rather than burnt to the ground.

ucsbdirtybird (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Under this name, you pathetic troll. Do you have multiple computers set up in your moms basement, and a chair that swivels so you can roll your fat a$$ around to the different screen names and post the same garbage?

What's with the offensive language? You guys act like I'm making fun of you. I've never said anything about anyone here on the message boards. I only talk about the Falcons and Falcons organization.

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Under this name, you pathetic troll.  Do you have multiple computers set up in your moms basement, and a chair that swivels so you can roll your fat a$$ around to the different screen names and post the same garbage?

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Under this name, you pathetic troll. Do you have multiple computers set up in your moms basement, and a chair that swivels so you can roll your fat a$$ around to the different screen names and post the same garbage?

What's with the offensive language? You guys act like I'm making fun of you. I've never said anything about anyone here on the message boards. I only talk about the Falcons and Falcons organization.

Would you mind if I said stuff about your family, friends, etc? I mean, I am not making fun of you.

The Falcon Ace (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Would you mind if I said stuff about your family, friends, etc? I mean, I am not making fun of you.

Go ahead. But my family doesn't work for the Falcons so I don't know how you can keep this on topic.

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Well, if my language offends you then I really am sorry.  Troll or not, I hope my language doesn't offend you.  I still think you are a socially inept, mothers-basment-dwelling troll, who wastes the time of those on this message board with a myriad of screen names all designed to regurgitate the same agenda driven trash that you have spewed for too long now.  I will await my apology for your part in this whole thing.

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
Magic Man (4/29/2008)

Well, if my language offends you then I really am sorry. Troll or not, I hope my language doesn't offend you. I still think you are a socially inept, mothers-basment-dwelling troll, who wastes the time of those on this message board with a myriad of screen names all designed to regurgitate the same agenda driven trash that you have spewed for too long now. I will await my apology for your part in this whole thing.

I don't think I have to apologize for saying my opinion about the Falcons organization. However, I will apologize to you if I offended you in anyway.

norwood-32 (4/29/2008)
I don't think I have to apologize for saying my opinion about the Falcons organization. However, I will apologize to you if I offended you in anyway.

The fact that you have five topics on the front page under two different accounts is offensive.  Don't apologize to me, just use one account, and take the criticism like a big boy.  But you won't...and you will deny what is painfully obvious to everyone on this board.