Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norwood-32

� King Arthur� dons crown during NFL draft to assert authority&

83 posts in this topic

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong with posting my opinion in a peaceful manner? I'm not flaming anybody.

go away ATL--75

stop writing in sweeping absolutes, stop posting your opinions like they are facts, stop writing like you are auditioning for the NY Times, stop being so negative, please...just stop

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong with posting my opinion in a peaceful manner? I'm not flaming anybody.

there are busts at every position, what makes you think Dorsey wouldn't have busted just as quickly

Dedsquirrl (4/28/2008)
I remember when attention whores used to wear slutty clothes.

U saying you want to see VickNorwoodATL -75 in daisy dukes and a halter top?

I would put that picture in my sig.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
ucsbdirtybird (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong is that you are simply the most recent incarnation of the same troll that has polluted this board for too long. Sorry "your guy" wasn't selected. Sorry "your QB" is no longer going to be a part of this team and it's future. But just because "your guys" are no Falcons doesn't mean that it is Arthur Blank's hand in the process. That is just your simple minded excuse, that just happens to fit nicely in with your agenda.

Did I say which players I wanted? I just pointed out the fact that rashly choosing the best projected QB there is doesn't necessarily lead to long-term success.

nor does choosing the best DT; when you don't have a franchise QB, you draft one

Tron5000 (4/28/2008)
Both Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff have repeatedly said that this was Dimitroff's pick. Blank said his only hand in it was to hire Dimitroff to make the right decisions, and I'm sure that during the course of that hiring process, Dimitroff let it be known to Blank that he would build a team around a QB. He saw first-hand in NE what a top-tier QB with intelligence and leadership can do for a team.

As I said, both have repeatedly stated, both before and since the pick, that this was Dimitroff's choice. Now exactly what have Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff done that would lead one to believe that they are lying through their teeth to us about who made the choice? Do these men strike anyone as being dishonest liars, or are you willing to take them at their word?

This argument is becoming ridiculous.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that often times what is said in the media is not necessary what is going on in the background. Speaking in the media is for improving PR, not destroying it.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
It doesn't take a genius to understand that often times what is said in the media is not necessary what is going on in the background. Speaking in the media is for improving PR, not destroying it.

So are you telling me then that Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff are dishonest people who are blatantly lying to anyone who will listen by saying that the pick was Dimitroff's? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you're basically calling both of these men liars.

So are you telling me then that Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff are dishonest people who are blatantly lying to anyone who will listen by saying that the pick was Dimitroff's? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you're basically calling both of these men liars.

It doesn't help that Arthur went on national TV pubically saying how great of a Coach Petirno was and he was now more confident than ever that we had the right man as the CEO of the football team.... 

We found out later that Arthur KNEW Petrino was thinking about going back to college.

So Arthur has been caught being less than honest to the fan base before....

Sun Tzu 7 (4/28/2008)

It doesn't help that Arthur went on national TV pubically saying how great of a Coach Petirno was and he was now more confident than ever that we had the right man as the CEO of the football team.... 

We found out later that Arthur KNEW Petrino was thinking about going back to college.

I can understand it in that stuation.

But to be fair, he did say that he shook Petrino's hand and Petrino told him" You're looking at your coach.". So I'm thinking Blank thought it was all behind them. He wasn't lying.

We drafted last year for long term success and you complained and moaned. You even said that Jamaal Anderson had to come in an produce big instantly. Heck, you even said we should trade the house for CJ This year we supposedly "pass" on the Glenn Dorsey, the "long term option", and now you complain and moan. We picked up Sam Baker, a mauler at LT.

Nothing new. No pleasing you, you speak in sweep absolutes, you make insane assumptions, all for your agenda.

Sun Tzu 7 (4/28/2008)

So what? I could be thinking about returning to my old place of employment, but my boss would want to keep me on because he thinks I'm the right man to perform the job. He wouldn't be lying if he said he thought I was the right guy, even while I was entertaining the thought of leaving. It may make him wrong, but not a liar.

Tron5000 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)

I'm not saying they are dishonest but just doing their job of creating a good public image.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
I'm not saying they are dishonest but just doing their job of creating a good public image.

Well, if they are telling us, "It was Tom's pick, not Arthur's," and you're saying that is not the case, then yeah, you kind of are calling them dishonest. As in, what they are saying is not the truth. Not the truth = not honest. Not honest = dishonest. Are you following this OK?

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

King Arthur had nothing to do with Thomas' decision to take Matt Ryan or the rest of the players we took in the draft that he didn't participate in scouting. Give it up, Arthur just supports the decisions of the people he hired. He's the best owner in the NFL and shouldn't be subject to your pointless ranting...

Tron5000 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)

Well, if they are telling us, "It was Tom's pick, not Arthur's," and you're saying that is not the case, then yeah, you kind of are calling them dishonest. As in, what they are saying is not the truth. Not the truth = not honest. Not honest = dishonest. Are you following this OK?

I mean if you want to put it that bluntly, I guess you can consider TD being dishonest. But he's just doing his job. What goes on in front of the camera does not reflect what's going on off the set.

IonSen88 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

King Arthur had nothing to do with Thomas' decision to take Matt Ryan or the rest of the players we took in the draft that he didn't participate in scouting. Give it up, Arthur just supports the decisions of the people he hired. He's the best owner in the NFL and shouldn't be subject to your pointless ranting...

King Arthur needed a new 'face' of a franchise and made that a more important goal than building a foundation for the future.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
IonSen88 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

King Arthur needed a new 'face' of a franchise and made that a more important goal than building a foundation for the future.

What the **** are you talking about?! Blank did not make any decision except where to setup the press conference for whatever prospect Thomas Dimitroff took with the 3rd overall selection in this year's draft. Lay the pipe down.

So what? I could be thinking about returning to my old place of employment, but my boss would want to keep me on because he thinks I'm the right man to perform the job. He wouldn't be lying if he said he thought I was the right guy, even while I was entertaining the thought of leaving. It may make him wrong, but not a liar.

If you want to defend Blank and blindly trust him then that's your opinion.  Trust is something that is earned with me and I don't give it out easily.

Blank was the boss.  He and the front office kept pubically saying Petirno was doing great and everything was fine in the locker room...

That wasn't true... For Blank and the front office to say otherwise was being dishonest and misleading no matter how you want to spin it...

Again,  if you have no problem with that then that's your choice...  I don't like being lied to...

Do you think Blank may have had special 'rules' for Mora about how he should pubically handle and talk about Vick?  I do...

norwood-32 (4/27/2008)
With the 3rd pick of the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons draft...Matt Ryan.

And to the shock of thousands of Falcons fans, the Atlanta Falcons have decided to skip Dorsey and instead, reach for Matt Ryan.

- - -

After a dismal season and not making the playoffs for three years straight, King Arthur has become desperate for fame and support. Anxious to right this sinking ship, Arthur has again impulsively made a decision - valuing immediate victory over long-term success.

To any casual observer of the NFL, if a quarterback is doing badly, then replace him with another one. While it sounds good on paper, that sort of mentality often leads to further frustration rather than satisfaction.

The battle King Arthur faced today was to either draft a new face of the franchise or build a foundation for the future. Completely mortified by last season, King Arthur rashly chose the irrational decision let s bring in a new face and wipe away the past.

Little does King Arthur know, just recklessly patching together a team will not win games. Yes, he may get a small boost in jersey sales, but as time goes on, he ll again see his team fall apart. If he really wants to earn the big bucks, he needs to have the patience to build a team and not just scrap together players.

Now, King Arthur does deserve credit as he sincerely yearns to succeed, but he just does not know how to. Part of the reason Bill Parcells did not take the job was because Parcells saw the tight leash he would be 'chained' to if he worked under King Arthur. Parcells wanted to build his team while King Arthur desired his squad. Sadly, Bill Parcells is the one that actually has the resume to prove that his scheme works.

As the saying goes, winning is the best deodorant. The Falcons may win a few games here and there with the spark Matt Ryan brings, but after the fireworks die down, fans will again see the lackluster team that characterize the Falcons oh so well.

You can always give the ship a new paintjob, but does that make the ship sail?

D*che-75 makes another lame post

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
I mean if you want to put it that bluntly, I guess you can consider TD being dishonest. But he's just doing his job. What goes on in front of the camera does not reflect what's going on off the set.

Well, usually I like to give someone the benefit of the doubt before just assuming that they are lying to me. But hey, I guess that's just me.

On what do you base your theory that this was Arthur's pick and that he and Dimitroff are lying to everyone when they say it was TD's pick? Exactly what basis do you have for such an argument?

Tron5000 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)

Well, usually I like to give someone the benefit of the doubt before just assuming that they are lying to me. But hey, I guess that's just me.

On what do you base your theory that this was Arthur's pick and that he and Dimitroff are lying to everyone when they say it was TD's pick? Exactly what basis do you have for such an argument?

The fact that before the draft, TD and Smith talked about building a solid run game and defense and were not at all hyped about Matt Ryan. Then come draft day, suddenly Matt Ryan becomes 'the' guy and they become enamored with him.

muskokas finest (4/28/2008)
Blank is reminding me of Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder....that's not a good thing

Jerry Jones has a fistful of SuperBowls.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
Shiney_McShine (4/28/2008)
What I find absurd is the specious reasoning some have that the slection of Ryan was an Arthur Blank power play to fill the seats and sell jerseys.....Considering the large number of fans that wanted the team to select Dorsey(including me), he would have done better by having the team select Dorsey.

Why and how some you wake up each morning, intent on hating is disturbing.

That's true. But defensive tackles are never the 'face' of the franchise. And rarely, do you even see jerseys with a DT's name on the back. With the exception of Henderson, Stroud, and a few others, DTs don't make good jersey sales.

The only ones perpetuating this "Face of the Franchise" rhetoric is the media, and guys like you. NO ONE in the Falcons organization is saying Ryan is the face of the franchise....You are.....So stop.