Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norwood-32

� King Arthur� dons crown during NFL draft to assert authority&

83 posts in this topic

With the 3rd pick of the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons draft...Matt Ryan.

And to the shock of thousands of Falcons fans, the Atlanta Falcons have decided to skip Dorsey and instead, reach for Matt Ryan.

- - -

After a dismal season and not making the playoffs for three years straight, King Arthur has become desperate for fame and support. Anxious to right this sinking ship, Arthur has again impulsively made a decision - valuing immediate victory over long-term success.

To any casual observer of the NFL, if a quarterback is doing badly, then replace him with another one. While it sounds good on paper, that sort of mentality often leads to further frustration rather than satisfaction.

The battle King Arthur faced today was to either draft a new face of the franchise or build a foundation for the future. Completely mortified by last season, King Arthur rashly chose the irrational decision let s bring in a new face and wipe away the past.

Little does King Arthur know, just recklessly patching together a team will not win games. Yes, he may get a small boost in jersey sales, but as time goes on, he ll again see his team fall apart. If he really wants to earn the big bucks, he needs to have the patience to build a team and not just scrap together players.

Now, King Arthur does deserve credit as he sincerely yearns to succeed, but he just does not know how to. Part of the reason Bill Parcells did not take the job was because Parcells saw the tight leash he would be 'chained' to if he worked under King Arthur. Parcells wanted to build his team while King Arthur desired his squad. Sadly, Bill Parcells is the one that actually has the resume to prove that his scheme works.

As the saying goes, winning is the best deodorant. The Falcons may win a few games here and there with the spark Matt Ryan brings, but after the fireworks die down, fans will again see the lackluster team that characterize the Falcons oh so well.

You can always give the ship a new paintjob, but does that make the ship sail?

Celt (4/28/2008)
Norwood is that really you?

Wouldn't be surprised if Norwood thought this way. Any RB wants a good line to run behind and not a QB that'll take his touches away.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong with posting my opinion in a peaceful manner? I'm not flaming anybody.

What's wrong is that you are simply the most recent incarnation of the same troll that has polluted this board for too long.  Sorry "your guy" wasn't selected.  Sorry "your QB" is no longer going to be a part of this team and it's future.  But just because "your guys" are no Falcons doesn't mean that it is Arthur Blank's hand in the process.  That is just your simple minded excuse, that just happens to fit nicely in with your agenda. 

ucsbdirtybird (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong with posting my opinion in a peaceful manner? I'm not flaming anybody.

What's wrong is that you are simply the most recent incarnation of the same troll that has polluted this board for too long. Sorry "your guy" wasn't selected. Sorry "your QB" is no longer going to be a part of this team and it's future. But just because "your guys" are no Falcons doesn't mean that it is Arthur Blank's hand in the process. That is just your simple minded excuse, that just happens to fit nicely in with your agenda.

Did I say which players I wanted? I just pointed out the fact that rashly choosing the best projected QB there is doesn't necessarily lead to long-term success.

norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

What's wrong is that you are simply the most recent incarnation of the same troll that has polluted this board for too long. Sorry "your guy" wasn't selected. Sorry "your QB" is no longer going to be a part of this team and it's future. But just because "your guys" are no Falcons doesn't mean that it is Arthur Blank's hand in the process. That is just your simple minded excuse, that just happens to fit nicely in with your agenda.

Did I say which players I wanted? I just pointed out the fact that rashly choosing the best projected QB there is doesn't necessarily lead to long-term success.

You didn't say anything, as usual. You just made up a new name, made up some lies and inuendo and shat it all over the board again, same story, same lack of integrity that we have come to expect from a lowly character like you.

rhourk (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
norwood-32 (4/28/2008)
j105 (4/27/2008)
go away

You didn't say anything, as usual. You just made up a new name, made up some lies and inuendo and shat it all over the board again, same story, same lack of integrity that we have come to expect from a lowly character like you.

What 'lies' and 'inuendo' are you talking about? I'm just stating my opinions just like everybody else on the boards is. How am I different from somebody who says they like or do not like this or that draft pick?

He's the owner, deal with it or find a new team to support. As owner he could demand we draft 11 TE's if he wanted to.

Come on give Blank a little credit, he is trying to field a good team. Are you old enough to remember the "Smiths"?

emt861 (4/28/2008)
Come on give Blank a little credit, he is trying to field a good team. Are you old enough to remember the "Smiths"?

I do give him credit. He is trying to build a good team and I do believe that his heart is in the right place. However, I just don't know if he's doing it the right way.

LOL - your funny.

I just heard C Cowherd on the radio ask TD straight up if Blank picked Ryan.

TD stated it was his pick & that TD & HC Mike Smith made the decision to draft Ryan.

Blank was supportive of their decision regardless.

Your ignorance is only topped by your big mouth.

You're hilarious b/c you actually believe the BS you post.

dozer (4/28/2008)
LOL - your funny.

I just heard C Cowherd on the radio ask TD straight up if Blank picked Ryan.

TD stated it was his pick & that TD & HC Mike Smith made the decision to draft Ryan.

Blank was supportive of their decision regardless.

Your ignorance is only topped by your big mouth.

You're hilarious b/c you actually believe the BS you post.

So was TD going to outright say, "yeah, Blank told me who to draft. I have no power whatsoever?" No. Saying that would be horrible for PR.

Both Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff have repeatedly said that this was Dimitroff's pick. Blank said his only hand in it was to hire Dimitroff to make the right decisions, and I'm sure that during the course of that hiring process, Dimitroff let it be known to Blank that he would build a team around a QB. He saw first-hand in NE what a top-tier QB with intelligence and leadership can do for a team.

As I said, both have repeatedly stated, both before and since the pick, that this was Dimitroff's choice. Now exactly what have Arthur Blank and Thomas Dimitroff done that would lead one to believe that they are lying through their teeth to us about who made the choice? Do these men strike anyone as being dishonest liars, or are you willing to take them at their word?

This argument is becoming ridiculous.

What I find absurd is the specious reasoning some have that the slection of Ryan was an Arthur Blank power play to fill the seats and sell jerseys.....Considering the large number of fans that wanted the team to select Dorsey(including me), he would have done better by having the team select Dorsey.

Why and how some you wake up each morning, intent on hating is disturbing.

Shiney_McShine (4/28/2008)
What I find absurd is the specious reasoning some have that the slection of Ryan was an Arthur Blank power play to fill the seats and sell jerseys.....Considering the large number of fans that wanted the team to select Dorsey(including me), he would have done better by having the team select Dorsey.

Why and how some you wake up each morning, intent on hating is disturbing.

That's true. But defensive tackles are never the 'face' of the franchise. And rarely, do you even see jerseys with a DT's name on the back. With the exception of Henderson, Stroud, and a few others, DTs don't make good jersey sales.

Dedsquirrl (4/28/2008)
I remember when attention whores used to wear slutty clothes.

U saying you want to see VickNorwoodATL -75 in daisy dukes and a halter top?