Time to eat some crow gentlemen

David Ethan

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This is only a miniscule sample of the HUNDREDS of "trust me, there is no way he draft Matt Ryan" or "If Glenn Dorsey is on the board, we'll take him" crap that soooo many of you have spewed over the last few weeks.....how little you all know.  You don't pass on a franchise QB when you don't have one, simple as that. 

How can you not be excited to have Ryan?  Have you seen how pumped up he is?  He's said all the right things and deserves our loyalty and patience; we've got ourselves a keeper....

Frankthetank966

I really believe that TD is bluffing about wanting Ryan to force the Rams out of trading the #2 pick to the Ravens, so that Dorsey will 100% be available at #2. I know that there were sources saying the Rams are taking Long but now there are sources saying the Ravens are trying to trade up with the Rams to get Ryan. The only way they can get him is if they get the #2 pick in FRONT of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Atlanta.

I think its a wise move if he is bluffing since Dorsey is better fit on this team. We can definitely get Brohm, Falco or Henne who are a step below Ryan.

Red2play

Yeah, I do believe we are going to select the most DOMINATING DT for yrs to come.  Dangle out Matt Ryan but pick Dorsey.

Rangerrecon

Glen Dorsey to ATLANTA, "Let's Roll"

Magnus23

ESPN "reported" the Rams have settled on long.

This would be barring a trade.

We will take Dorsey unless we trade with the Jets.

I do not believe Ryan is an option.

Nick

Remember Brian Brohm is the top qb on the falcons board. I think they will trade back in and get him. What did Smith and TD say they were going to do build the lines, I think we will take Dorsey best player available. I hope we dont trade with the jets

Mike

is that like us this year but we take dorsey instead of ryan and we have a smokescreen out just so the saints dont nab Dorsey

LOL at this one, also from Mike:

Plus we've have visited Dorsey 3 times Ryan once not including the combine cus everyone is there. The knee injury to Trey Lewis will have us take Dorsey, Plus TD has came out and said they are looking at 2nd tier qb's. You might be against this but if we dont trade up to get Brohm look for Andre Woodson to come here.

Magnus 23

Trey Lewis is not why we are drafting Dorsey .... the release of Rod Coleman is why we are drafting Dorsey.

Red2play

Yep, I'd bet that the Falcons draft board looks like this.

1.  Trade down, dangle Matt Ryan - Save TONS of mula and get McKelvin.

2.  Get Glenn Dorsey

3.  Get Sedrick Ellis

4.  Leet time run out

5.  Get Chris Long

6.  Draft Matt Ryan

Gritblitzer

Well if Mort says it then I'm getting ready to welcome Glenn Dorsey to the ATL....

Mort's average is about as good as Andruw Jones'.

M4DROX, I hope you follow through with this one buddy

If the Falcons pass up on Dorsey, I m done with the Falcons

Falconmama

I like Ryan and I'd love to have him, but I dont see us going Ryan if Dorsey's still on the board

JBopper

Ryan is ok but not at #3.Dorsey is the pick

Sivik outkast

I wish more people would believe this, trust TD and quit buying into the Ryan thing.  Except for other teams, I do want them to bite the bait.  TD is playing his first draft as GM perfectly so far, as long as he drafts right, it's perfect

Carter

If Dorsey is there, we take him.  I don't care if someone offers us their entire draft

DoubleTrouble21

St. Louis is COMPLETELY smoke screening the whole flipping NFL. If they wanted Dorsey BAD, they wouldn't trade down so WE could get him. Just no. Who would do that? No one. Chris Long is their man, Dorsey will be ours. Rest assured.

G-Dawg

Steve Wyche confirms falcons will select Dorsey& .Steve Wyche is always "the last to know" anything as far as a "scoop" when it comes to the Falcons.

For years, we get the Falcons headlines from Pasquerelli, Mortensen - heck, even Jay Glazer.

Steve Wyche does not know crap - he has no sources within the Falcons organization - he's just "guessing" - just like you and me.......

Formul8or

If Dorsey makes it to #3 How fast do you think we rush up to announce our pick?  It could be faster than the Dolphins do!

Gimmesomo

Brohm will not last past mid 1st, trust me on this one!!!!!!!!!

I have to say I didn't think he was the pick.

And wanted Dorsey, but I think he will do just fine, he will get more support once he shows he can play.

I can't wait for the day, that he earns the nick name he had in collage, and we as the Falcons fans can call him matty ICE.

Culain (4/27/2008)
I have to say I didn't think he was the pick.

And wanted Dorsey, but I think he will do just fine, he will get more support once he shows he can play.

I can't wait for the day, that he earns the nick name he had in collage, and we as the Falcons fans can call him matty ICE.

The difference is, Glenn Dorsey should have had to "earn" the respect from us too, but it would have been granted automatically, and for some reason, Ryan has to earn it instead of lose it

If Your QB does Good in 2008,

we might gets some trade offers next year,

So Glad,

You Have him in Your avator, so we can watch the whole season!

He should get some espn games!

As for Ryan it was OUR Best pick of the draft, it could have been better!

But, I, personally, had him in my Mock Before the draft, because I know my Falcons!

Well, Mr.Blank, I dont blame him.

If it was my team, I would Draft Straight BPA!

And tick everyone off

This is only a miniscule sample of the HUNDREDS of "trust me, there is no way he draft Matt Ryan" or "If Glenn Dorsey is on the board, we'll take him" crap that soooo many of you have spewed over the last few weeks.....how little you all know.  You don't pass on a franchise QB when you don't have one, simple as that. 

How can you not be excited to have Ryan?  Have you seen how pumped up he is?  He's said all the right things and deserves our loyalty and patience; we've got ourselves a keeper....

Wait just a minute, you're not going to get away with this. You were the one saying no way we draft Ryan this high because of value. You were all about value and how brohm was much better than Ryan. You talked like Ryan was garbage and now you're acting like he's the greatest QB in the draft and you're all goo goo over him.  Don't jump on the bandwagon now that we've drafted him.

Andy (4/27/2008)

Wait just a minute, you're not going to get away with this. You were the one saying no way we draft Ryan this high because of value. You were all about value and how brohm was much better than Ryan. You talked like Ryan was garbage and now you're acting like he's the greatest QB in the draft and you're all goo goo over him.  Don't jump on the bandwagon now that we've drafted him.

absolutely right, but, just like everyone else, I reserve the right to change my opinion and did so in multiple threads.  I stated several times, beginning weeks ago, that after watching more of him and listening to him interview and with the injury to Dorsey, that we absolutely must take Matt Ryan and I feel very fortunate that we did

How funny David,

I was saying all along how we'd draft Matt Ryan and I was sure that the Rams would take Dorsey. After finding out that the Rams weren't taking Dorsey then I thought we would take him.

So before I touch my crow I recommend you do a search back and look up some of my post, I even had in my signature how we would take Ryan and was called "stupid" and "dumb" in many post for suggesting we'd do so.

So funny you find that comment when you didnt see all the other comments I made about how we would draft him and how I was FOR drafting him all along.

You can keep your crow David, I like chicken.

Misc_PostDate.gifPosted 3/9/2008
profilephoto_s.jpg?m=8a07a

Junior Falcon

BlockActive.gifBlockActive.gifBlockActive.gifBlockActive.gifBlockDisabled.gifBlockDisabled.gifBlockDisabled.gifBlockDisabled.gif

Group: Forum Members

Last Login: Today @ 9:53 PM

Matt Ryan

Let's begin with the quarterback that many (so called experts) think we should take with the 3rd pick in the upcoming draft. Before this season, Scouts Inc., the ESPN insider draft gurus, said that Matt Ryan was best served as a backup quarterback in the NFL, a player who was intelligent and an on-field leader who the other players respected, but who, at the end of the day, simply lacked the talent and arm strength that is needed in a QB who is a peak performer at the next level. What's changed? One good season in the second weakest conference in the country (Big Ten) and all of the sudden he's supposed to be the first QB taken in the draft? I just don't get it. Perhaps it's a really weak QB class and that's it. But the truth is, he's an overachiever who had a good season passing in a crappy conference and still threw a lot of picks and forces a lot of his throws. I do not want to see him in a Falcons uniform.

So, let me get this straight you literally belittled me when i was trying to support Ryan and you have belittled these people's decisions with your topic here and you think you can get off this easy.  you owe some apoligies or are you capable of being humble and eating crow yourself.

FalconMama (4/27/2008)
How funny David,

I was saying all along how we'd draft Matt Ryan and I was sure that the Rams would take Dorsey. After finding out that the Rams weren't taking Dorsey then I thought we would take him.

So before I touch my crow I recommend you do a search back and look up some of my post, I even had in my signature how we would take Ryan and was called "stupid" and "dumb" in many post for suggesting we'd do so.

So funny you find that comment when you didnt see all the other comments I made about how we would draft him and how I was FOR drafting him all along.

You can keep your crow David, I like chicken.

it's not so much that I was ignoring your other posts, it's simply that the quote of yours I posted was simply the first one I came across