Did it ever occur to any of you?

Vicious

Vicious (4/27/2008)
That maybe TD, who was a scout for many years with NE, knows what he is doing more so than any of you? I'm pretty sure he's forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, so for those of you who think you know, you don't. Has it crossed your minds that this coaching staff held a mini camp shortly before and knew exactly what players they needed? The fact that TD was a scout makes me feel a lot more comfortable that he knew most all there was about the picks that he made and that he made the best possible choice for the system that is being installed on either side of the ball. Just wanted to know. Feel free to let me know if you watched endless hours of game tape, went from school to school during the season and evaluated each player for the last few years, or did both for one of the best organizations in the draft over the last decade. If not, then why cry about something you know so little about? I swear, some of you kill me with you short sightedness.

Before I say what I have to say, I am not saying I am a scout nor will I ever be one. Not saying I know nearly as much as anyone getting an NFL check. However, I can't stand this blind faith argument people make. Before you start talking bad about people for having an opinion on a message board (where the best part is people have different opinions), ask yourself this question. Did people who hated the Joey Harrington pick in Detroit not know what they're talking about? People who hated Ryan Leaf pick in San Diego?

My point is, no one is perfect. Just because they get paid to do it doesn't mean they get everything right. The best part of this message board is that we can have different opinions and not everyone follows the team so blindly. Blind faith is not a requirement to be a true fan.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vicious (4/27/2008)
That maybe TD, who was a scout for many years with NE, knows what he is doing more so than any of you? I'm pretty sure he's forgotten more about football than I'll ever know, so for those of you who think you know, you don't. Has it crossed your minds that this coaching staff held a mini camp shortly before and knew exactly what players they needed? The fact that TD was a scout makes me feel a lot more comfortable that he knew most all there was about the picks that he made and that he made the best possible choice for the system that is being installed on either side of the ball. Just wanted to know. Feel free to let me know if you watched endless hours of game tape, went from school to school during the season and evaluated each player for the last few years, or did both for one of the best organizations in the draft over the last decade. If not, then why cry about something you know so little about? I swear, some of you kill me with you short sightedness.

I agree, TD is a little football brainiac. :P I'll wait and see what happens. :)

Addressed the line how? With Gandy, Forney, and Weiner being penciled in as starters? These aren't young guys that don't know how to play in the NFL, they're just not suitable starters.

Signed Foster to be a Backup, drafted Blalock, Datish last year, keep Clabo, drafting Baker this year!

dyoshot (4/27/2008)
Vicious (4/27/2008)

Before I say what I have to say, I am not saying I am a scout nor will I ever be one. Not saying I know nearly as much as anyone getting an NFL check. However, I can't stand this blind faith argument people make. Before you start talking bad about people for having an opinion on a message board (where the best part is people have different opinions), ask yourself this question. Did people who hated the Joey Harrington pick in Detroit not know what they're talking about? People who hated Ryan Leaf pick in San Diego?

My point is, no one is perfect. Just because they get paid to do it doesn't mean they get everything right. The best part of this message board is that we can have different opinions and not everyone follows the team so blindly. Blind faith is not a requirement to be a true fan.

All I'm saying is that it's not right to judge a draft class you have yet to see on the field together based on other people's failures.

the baptist (4/27/2008)
Go show me some starters from the second day of the mistake free New England Patriots Drafts dating back to 2000 with the exception of Assante Samuels who of course isnt on the team anymore and  Tom Brady

THEY'RE ON OTHER TEAMS. NE DON'T DRAFT YOU TO KEEP FOREVER.

BirdyDird (4/27/2008)
Bloodhoundz (4/27/2008)
McKay knew more then us too, how did that work out?
You can't judge one man by another man's failures... So, don't even go there!!!:angry:

I go wherever the **** I wanna go, and it's obvious you can't read because what I said has nothing to do with TD, it has to do with this logic of you can't question the GM  because he's knows more football then us.

So ##### outta here with that angry smiley.