they absolutely blew it

nettts

im not just saying this because of the ryan pick, im saying it because of the entire draft.

the falcons only made 2 good draft picks, lofton, and decoud.

other than that, they completely blew an unbelievable oppurtunity to turn the momentum of the entire franchise around.

you tell me, which would have been a better draft, this, or what we ended up with.

rnd 1 #3-dorsey dt lsu- i still cant believe they pases him up after he fell into thier lap. again, the falcons needed a dt more than any other position on thier roster, and god finally gave them a brake, when st louis took long i jumped through the roof in excitement. dorsey would have been the best player on the entire team and the leader of the falcons defense for the next decade. what a joke.

rnd 2a #34- brandon flowers cb vtech- if the falcons had just held on to all of thier picks instead of trading up to get a guy who wasnt even a first round talent, flowers, who would also have been a starter day 1 at corner opposite houston, would have fallen into thier lap also, already giving the falcons 2 starters in the draft.

rnd 2b #37- curtis lofton mlb oklahoma- thank god the falcons at least got this one right. lofton was such a perfect pick here it needs no explanation.

rnd 2c #48- brian brohm qb louisville- woooowwww!!! brohm would have fallen into our laps and we would have gotten him with our last 2nd round pick!!!! dimitrov had to be kicking himself after brohm was still there at 48. there is absolutely no excuse or reason why the falcons didnt take dorsey at #3, and the negative effects of that really manifested itself already with all falcon fans knowing they could have had brohm with thier 3rd 2nd rnd pick!!!! along wih dorsey, who just might be the best defensive player to come into the draft in the last 10-15 years!!!!

rnd 3a #68- pat sims dt auburn- yet another immediate starter. sims, along with dorsey, would have given the falcons 2 young starting dts that they could count on for a long, long time. what a shame theyended up with a nightmare of a draft.

rnd 3b #98- thomas decoud s california- another starter. count brohm as a starter as he would be either half way through this season, or handed the reigns nexr year, decoud will immediately start at free saftey, which would have given the falcons thier 6th immediate starter in the draft so far.

rnd 4- #103- anthony collins ot kansas- the 7th immediate starter. collins would have been an anchor at lt for the falcons for the next 12 years. baker is a little bit better, but for the value, id take collins in the fourth round over baker in the first round by a mile, as should any fan who has a clue what they are talking about.

rnd 5 #138- carl nicks ot nebraska- 8th starter. this literally would have been the best draft eve by so far its not even funny. nicks would have been penned in at rt from day 1, and been a solid player and starter for the next decade or so. intead, around this time in the draf, the falcons wre picking guys that will be like the 6th wr on thier roster and 3rd string olbs. what a joke dimitrov is.

rnd 6 #172- kareem moore s nichols st- moore would have been able to step in for milloy next year after a season of learning and getting used to nfl speed, as he played in a very weak conference.

rnd 7 #212- justin forsett rb california- i know the faclons ares et at rb, but if turner goes down, norwood isnt the type of rb to run between the tackles, and forsett was a definite steal in the 7th round.

All that is easy for someone who is sitting at home watching the draft.  Its easy for us to sit here and say we should have drafted this player here and there cause the draft is almost over and we know where everyone has been takin.  The Chevis Jackson pick was good and the Baker pick was good, and hate if you want but the Ryan pick was good according to everyone on the planet but us know it all Falcon fans.

Scrappy777 (4/27/2008)
All that is easy for someone who is sitting at home watching the draft.  Its easy for us to sit here and say we should have drafted this player here and there cause the draft is almost over and we know where everyone has been takin.  The Chevis Jackson pick was good and the Baker pick was good, and hate if you want but the Ryan pick was good according to everyone on the planet but us know it all Falcon fans.

no, the ryan pick wa not ood according to everyone on the planet, in fact , kiper gave the pick a c, and the fans gave it a c-

and the baker pick was ven worse!!! he is going to get bulled over by every de he faces, another 20 yers of atlanta qbs having dlineman in thier lap before they even take thier third step in thier drop back.

what a friggin joke

I think the majority felt that if Dorsey was there take him, at least that's how i felt. If not i said we should take Ryan. And never trade any of our precious picks to move anywhere. I know there was a run on tackles early but we gave up way too much to move down. Those three picks in the second was critical for us to build the trenches with at least a defensive tackle and an offensive tackle. This draft was to deep in Ol and DL to panick. 

And then to just ignore the OL and DL threwout the rest of the draft is just plain crazy.

LOL @ people saying it's hindsight.

That's complete BS. Everyone who knew anything knew we should have taken a player in the trenches. It was the perfect combo of a need and BPA in Dorsey.

With this draft so deep at QB we could have let one fall to us in the 2nd round. It just so happened that it would have been Brian Brohm a top 5 talent.

Or even if we traded up for him if we were targeting him alone and didn't think he would last that far, it still would have been much better value coming out the first round with Dorsey and Brohm.

Not to mention the terrible reach for Lofton and Harry Douglass.

Overall this was an atrocious draft.

And it's more than reasonable for us fans to vent. All you people saying we can't do anything about it and think that this is something easily correctable will have ish hit the fan over the next 3-5 years.

A draft blunder like this isn't fixed over night.

nettts (4/27/2008)
im not just saying this because of the ryan pick, im saying it because of the entire draft.

the falcons only made 2 good draft picks, lofton, and decoud.

other than that, they completely blew an unbelievable oppurtunity to turn the momentum of the entire franchise around.

you tell me, which would have been a better draft, this, or what we ended up with.

rnd 1 #3-dorsey dt lsu- i still cant believe they pases him up after he fell into thier lap. again, the falcons needed a dt more than any other position on thier roster, and god finally gave them a brake, when st louis took long i jumped through the roof in excitement. dorsey would have been the best player on the entire team and the leader of the falcons defense for the next decade. what a joke.

rnd 2a #34- brandon flowers cb vtech- if the falcons had just held on to all of thier picks instead of trading up to get a guy who wasnt even a first round talent, flowers, who would also have been a starter day 1 at corner opposite houston, would have fallen into thier lap also, already giving the falcons 2 starters in the draft.

rnd 2b #37- curtis lofton mlb oklahoma- thank god the falcons at least got this one right. lofton was such a perfect pick here it needs no explanation.

rnd 2c #48- brian brohm qb louisville- woooowwww!!! brohm would have fallen into our laps and we would have gotten him with our last 2nd round pick!!!! dimitrov had to be kicking himself after brohm was still there at 48. there is absolutely no excuse or reason why the falcons didnt take dorsey at #3, and the negative effects of that really manifested itself already with all falcon fans knowing they could have had brohm with thier 3rd 2nd rnd pick!!!! along wih dorsey, who just might be the best defensive player to come into the draft in the last 10-15 years!!!!

rnd 3a #68- pat sims dt auburn- yet another immediate starter. sims, along with dorsey, would have given the falcons 2 young starting dts that they could count on for a long, long time. what a shame theyended up with a nightmare of a draft.

rnd 3b #98- thomas decoud s california- another starter. count brohm as a starter as he would be either half way through this season, or handed the reigns nexr year, decoud will immediately start at free saftey, which would have given the falcons thier 6th immediate starter in the draft so far.

rnd 4- #103- anthony collins ot kansas- the 7th immediate starter. collins would have been an anchor at lt for the falcons for the next 12 years. baker is a little bit better, but for the value, id take collins in the fourth round over baker in the first round by a mile, as should any fan who has a clue what they are talking about.

rnd 5 #138- carl nicks ot nebraska- 8th starter. this literally would have been the best draft eve by so far its not even funny. nicks would have been penned in at rt from day 1, and been a solid player and starter for the next decade or so. intead, around this time in the draf, the falcons wre picking guys that will be like the 6th wr on thier roster and 3rd string olbs. what a joke dimitrov is.

rnd 6 #172- kareem moore s nichols st- moore would have been able to step in for milloy next year after a season of learning and getting used to nfl speed, as he played in a very weak conference.

rnd 7 #212- justin forsett rb california- i know the faclons ares et at rb, but if turner goes down, norwood isnt the type of rb to run between the tackles, and forsett was a definite steal in the 7th round.

First,

NO MORE VT players!

Second,

All of the scouts said Brohm would be ideal for the west coast offense.  If you haven't noticed we don't run that anymore. Sorry.

Third,

I like what we did instead of your version. If you don't like Ryan that is ok. Everyone has to learn to live with disappointment ever so often. I don't believe I will be disappointed. Ryan is the real deal.

busboyisback (4/27/2008)
LOL @ people saying it's hindsight.

That's complete BS. Everyone who knew anything knew we should have taken a player in the trenches. It was the perfect combo of a need and BPA in Dorsey.

With this draft so deep at QB we could have let one fall to us in the 2nd round. It just so happened that it would have been Brian Brohm a top 5 talent.

Or even if we traded up for him if we were targeting him alone and didn't think he would last that far, it still would have been much better value coming out the first round with Dorsey and Brohm.

Not to mention the terrible reach for Lofton and Harry Douglass.

Overall this was an atrocious draft.

And it's more than reasonable for us fans to vent. All you people saying we can't do anything about it and think that this is something easily correctable will have ish hit the fan over the next 3-5 years.

A draft blunder like this isn't fixed over night.

I have seen lofton and douglas ranked where they went.32 teams didnt think brohm was top 5 talent.

BayouFalFan (4/27/2008)

First,

NO MORE VT players!

Second,

All of the scouts said Brohm would be ideal for the west coast offense. If you haven't noticed we don't run that anymore. Sorry.

Third,

I like what we did instead of your version. If you don't like Ryan that is ok. Everyone has to learn to live with disappointment ever so often. I don't believe I will be disappointed. Ryan is the real deal.

Brohm had 2nd strongest arm at combine and this year at UL, his best year, they had more of a vertical offense than they've ever shown before.

Even if you don't take Brohm there are still other QBs with much better value in the 2nd.

You say Ryan is the real deal but you have no quantifiable reason to justify it.

"He's a leader"

"He's got intangibles"

"He's smart"

Yeah ignore the physical and mental tools that give him Brett Favre mentality with Harrington arm.

If Kiper said c the it must be an A. Ryan is better than what we had and fills a need. Theu must of thought the takles we had were capable or they would have drafted Dorsey. I would rather wanted dorsey, but Ryan is fine. I thought it was a solid draft.

Well, ****, Netts, why don't you head out to Flowery Branch tomorrow and apply for the GM position?  I mean, it is inherently obvious that you know at least 100 times more than anyone out there.  It's not like it's their job to evaluate talent, look at how that talent will work within the Falcons' schemes, and then make the appropriate draft selections to fit the Falcons' franchise.  I mean, these guys have only been doing the better part of their adult lives.  It should be their job to make the appropriate draft selections to appease the Falcons' closet GMs, like yourself.  Since you already know that going in, then I see no reason why you wouldn't be a better fit for the job.....:crazy:

You say Ryan is the real deal but you have no quantifiable reason to justify it.

I don't have to give you a reason and I am not going to try and change your mind.  Since you have had your head in the sand and the past 3 weeks of scouting reports, commentators and the 50 AFMB entries hasn't stopped your whining, nothing I say is going to convince you.

Don Solo (4/27/2008)
bigduke633 (4/27/2008)

I have seen lofton and douglas ranked where they went.32 teams didnt think brohm was top 5 talent.

Seems like 32 teams didn't think that Brohm was top 50 talent.....

32 other teams did not need a QB! Good point though!

I was a little let down that we got ryan over dorsey, mainly because I lost ten dollars on the deal, and for the last month at work I said there was NO WAY ON GODS GREEN EARTH that ryan gets picked if dorsey is there.. so I'm out ten dollars, but hopefully ryan makes it up to me and assumes the role of the chosen one to end the falcons curse

nettts (4/27/2008)
Scrappy777 (4/27/2008)

no, the ryan pick wa not ood according to everyone on the planet, in fact , kiper gave the pick a c, and the fans gave it a c-

and the baker pick was ven worse!!! he is going to get bulled over by every de he faces, another 20 yers of atlanta qbs having dlineman in thier lap before they even take thier third step in thier drop back.

what a friggin joke

umm no. fans gave matt a c- but kiper in fact gave matt an A

echavez144 (4/27/2008)
Don Solo (4/27/2008)
bigduke633 (4/27/2008)

Seems like 32 teams didn't think that Brohm was top 50 talent.....

32 other teams did not need a QB! Good point though!

Dude, last I checked, there are about 10-15 good NFL QBs currently.  That means that roughly half of the league could use a stud QB.  And, obviously, none of those teams felt that Brohm nor Henne was worth a top 50 pick. 

bigduke633 (4/27/2008)
We picked a otackle round one so how is it we didnt satisfy you?Chevis jackson isnt a good pick?Douglas isnt a good pick?Brown isnt a good pick?This is a joke.these players are pretty good college guys.

why did we pick douglas, who will be our 4th or 5th wr at best, when we could have taken a c, or a g that could be a starter either this year or next year? seriously dimitrov should ber fird tonight before midnight this draft was so bad.

out of the 11 picks the falcons had, 2 of them were good picks. thats distgusting period.

also, notice how the chiefs are considered to have the best drsaft by far this year???? notice how they have dorsey and flowers???!!! two players we could have and should have drafted???

hoestly this draft friggin sucked assss

nettts (4/27/2008)
bigduke633 (4/27/2008)
We picked a otackle round one so how is it we didnt satisfy you?Chevis jackson isnt a good pick?Douglas isnt a good pick?Brown isnt a good pick?This is a joke.these players are pretty good college guys.

why did we pick douglas, who will be our 4th or 5th wr at best, when we could have taken a c, or a g that could be a starter either this year or next year? seriously dimitrov should ber fird tonight before midnight this draft was so bad.

out of the 11 picks the falcons had, 2 of them were good picks. thats distgusting period.

also, notice how the chiefs are considered to have the best drsaft by far this year???? notice how they have dorsey and flowers???!!! two players we could have and should have drafted???

hoestly this draft friggin sucked assss

Douglas could easily be our 3rd best wr this year.Remeber robinson competeing last year?Horn and jennings dont impress.The chiefs had a lot of picks and did pretty well.Im sure you could find a jersey.We dont know how it all turns out.Jackson is good.Lofton and baker are strong picks.You just generalize and dont see the draft.