Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brian

...damnit.

12 posts in this topic

Matt Ryan. I threw up when he was smiling on the phone. Then he said he was pumped to be a Falcon and I warmed to win a little bit, but then I thought about his 19 interceptions and the possibility of Dorsey tearing through our OL twice a year, and I started throwing up again, violently.

I thought Arthur Blank was higher on Brohm anyway!?

I had kindof resigned myself to Ryan, but that was if Dorsey was off the board. I really hope I'm surprised by Ryan. I've never really bought into the Mel Kiper thinking that Ryan was the only Franchise QB out there.

Brian (4/26/2008)
Matt Ryan. I threw up when he was smiling on the phone. Then he said he was pumped to be a Falcon and I warmed to win a little bit, but then I thought about his 19 interceptions and the possibility of Dorsey tearing through our OL twice a year, and I started throwing up again, violently.

I thought Arthur Blank was higher on Brohm anyway!?

As long as we build around him with our next 3 picks I can be happy.

Hey guys, I know some of you are like me and freak out about 19 interceptions compared to Brohm who had 12 picks last year. Take note that Ryan attempted 200 more passes last season. 470+ for Brohm cmpared to 670+ for Ryan. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole deal.

Give him a #####ing chance.  TD has been scouting players in the best organization in the NFL for years.  I trust that he knows a good player when he sees one. 

If you don't like the pick, hate on TD or the coaching staff, not Matt Ryan.

Scott24Falcons (4/26/2008)
Give him a #####ing chance. TD has been scouting players in the best organization in the NFL for years. I trust that he knows a good player when he sees one.

I am hating on the FO right now. And btw, he was a scout but he never made the decisions, and you would have known that by watching the Pats take lineman after lineman in the first round.

And taking Ryan over Dorsey was 100% influenced from a business perspective.

I can live with the Ryan pick at the moment, but what is really gonna put me over the edge is if Brian Brohm ends up available at our 2nd round pick. But I think the reason the Ravens moved down is because they're targeting Brohm...

DrDetecto (4/26/2008)
I can live with the Ryan pick at the moment, but what is really gonna put me over the edge is if Brian Brohm ends up available at our 2nd round pick. But I think the reason the Ravens moved down is because they're targeting Brohm...

I think they're targeting Flacco.

I would be interested to see if the Ravens draft Brohm and then do a sign and trade with us for some extra picks this year and next year, or maybe Terrel Suggs and some picks.

Give him a #####ing chance.  TD has been scouting players in the best organization in the NFL for years.  I trust that he knows a good player when he sees one. 

Dmitroff had Dorsey as the top player on his board and then took someone else.  That makes it tough to trust him.  I trust that he scouts players well, because I also thought Dorsey was the best player, but I'm disgusted by this pick.

All that crap about Brohm not having enough arm strength is just that-crap.  His army is right with Ryan's, and I'd give the edge to Brohm in that department, based on the combine.  He's cerebral, sees the field well, and very accurate.  We likely could have gotten him 30 picks later.  Even if Ryan is better, it's very marginal.

There's not another DT of Dorsey's ability in this class.

grendel (4/26/2008)
short_stop4 (4/26/2008)
Hey guys, I know some of you are like me and freak out about 19 interceptions compared to Brohm who had 12 picks last year. Take note that Ryan attempted 200 more passes last season. 470+ for Brohm cmpared to 670+ for Ryan. That makes me feel a lot better about the whole deal.

And Ryan had 31 TDs vs 30 for Brohm...

The only thing Ryan has on Brohm is that he had 30 TDs with little to no talent around him, where as Brohm threw 31 TDs to Mario Urrutia, Harry Douglas, and Gary Barnidge.

Brian (4/26/2008)
Give him a #####ing chance. TD has been scouting players in the best organization in the NFL for years. I trust that he knows a good player when he sees one.

I am hating on the FO right now. And btw, he was a scout but he never made the decisions, and you would have known that by watching the Pats take lineman after lineman in the first round.

And taking Ryan over Dorsey was 100% influenced from a business perspective.

i dont understand this whole business and selling seats thing did you see the reaction the "fans" had