If the falcons pass up Dorsey for Matt Ryan

Did we really have to neg those guys? :lol: I think a ton of us felt that way and if we're talking about some of the crazy ideas that the armchair GM/Falcon fans have had...we'd be here all day talking about how "stupid" some of us are.

Honestly, I breathe a sigh of relief every time one of these old threads gets dredged back up and I'm not in it. I was definitely not on the Ryan bandwagon but it seems I at least kept a level head about it.

Did we really have to neg those guys? :lol: I think a ton of us felt that way and if we're talking about some of the crazy ideas that the armchair GM/Falcon fans have had...we'd be here all day talking about how "stupid" some of us are.

I was one of the few who wanted a franchise QB (Ryan), as I reasoned that only teams with a good QB (not Dilfer for the Ravens) win big.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't want Matt Ryan. I was wrong.

That said, I WAS right about who I actually wanted. I watched games, something people don't seem to do and instead regurgitate what others have said, to see all the hype about Glenn Dorsey. I watched every snap of his against Ohio State and Florida and then watched every snap of Jake Long's against the same two teams. Not only did I come away with a sense that Dorsey was severely overrated, but that Jake Long was without a doubt one of the best offensive tackles I have seen and his "pass blocking deficiency" was a total myth.

Dorsey's only sack in the entire two games came late in one of them on a three man rush where the quarterback literally held the ball for 10 seconds or so. As for Vernon Gholston destroying Jake Long as I had heard, the only time Gholston got a sack was on an inside move and I'm not so certain the left guard wasn't supposed to pick him up because he came over late to help, but it didn't matter.

So mark me up as being wrong about Matt Ryan. I am 100% happy that I was, but I was right that Glenn Dorsey was a terrible draft pick.

I wanted Dorsey. I just didn't see Ryan as a quarterback that could be great. Most "experts" believed that he was the best QB in the worst QB class in a good while. Dorsey was the next Warren Sapp. I was wrong. Ryan is a beast. Dorsey would still be good next to Babineaux ;) lol, but Dorsey wasn't worth the #3 pick looking back. However, Flacco didn't turn out to bad either, and that is likely who we would have gotten with the third pick in the second round along with having Dorsey. I'd still rather have Ryan, but that wasn't too bad of a route either.

I wanted Dorsey. I just didn't see Ryan as a quarterback that could be great. Most "experts" believed that he was the best QB in the worst QB class in a good while. Dorsey was the next Warren Sapp. I was wrong. Ryan is a beast. Dorsey would still be good next to Babineaux ;) lol, but Dorsey wasn't worth the #3 pick looking back. However, Flacco didn't turn out to bad either, and that is likely who we would have gotten with the third pick in the second round along with having Dorsey. I'd still rather have Ryan, but that wasn't too bad of a route either.

Apparently our second rated quarterback was Chad Henne, who I actually had rated first. I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Honestly, I breathe a sigh of relief every time one of these old threads gets dredged back up and I'm not in it.

You got that right Setzer....I'm not going to lie. I was drinking the Dorsey-Henne Kool-Aid....... :o