Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clark

Need to prove a point to an ignorant "fan"

32 posts in this topic

you would have to say the defense shutting down their offense, but when the game was on the line the defense failed to hold new england and eli came through in the clutch.

The defense carried the team to the Super Bowl and helped win it. Eli did well in the Super Bowl but the entire time leading up to it, it was almost all the defense and running game.

You have to give the majority of the credit to the Giant's defensive line. But you gotta admit...the "Great escape and immaculate reception" was pretty freaking cool.

It's hard to choose on this one, because the Giants DL kept the heat on Brady almost the entire game, which is why it was even close IMO. However, when it came down to it and they needed a big play on offense, Manning came through and big.

eli's pass play really gave them momentum in the game and made them feel like they could win it and do something, but the giants D shut down the pats almost all day. brady's high ankle sprain and belichick not kicking that gostowski FG also played a big part in that game.

Eli was an asante samuel dropped int from losing the game for the giants. i have to go with the defense. they kept them in the game. eli just didnt mess up or basically Pats D didnt STEP up

Clark (4/24/2008)
Just wanted to see everyones opinion....

It's not an opinion, it's a fact. The D shut down Brady and the entire offense crumbled. Manning helped but did not carry the team on his shoulders.

it wont let me edit so i also wanted to say if it wasnt for the giants getting to brady 5 times and probably re-aggrivating that ankle they wouldnt have won. remember the pats put up 38 points in a game easy. ever since brady had that sprain he wasnt the same (SD game and the SB).

BillyWitchDoctor (4/24/2008)
However, when it came down to it and they needed a big play on offense, Manning came through and big.
Thank you.

They don't win that game w/Redman or Dilfer under center.

Matthew Pritts (4/24/2008)
However, when it came down to it and they needed a big play on offense, Manning came through and big.
Thank you.

numbers dont lie matty....the fact of the matter is this:  Although Eli had some big plays in the game, the bigger contribution to the victory was the stellar play of the defense.  You lose....

bossFALCON (4/24/2008)
are you guys fighting over whether redman is our franchise qb or something???

no...he said that the main reason the giants won the SB was because of Eli manning.  My argument is that eli wouldnt have had a chance if it wasnt for the play of the D.  and i wouldnt use the word "fighting", just disagreeing;)

Clark (4/24/2008)
Thank you.

numbers dont lie matty....the fact of the matter is this:  Although Eli had some big plays in the game, the bigger contribution to the victory was the stellar play of the defense.  You lose....

The defense did have a stellar game and they did put Eli in the position to win the game for them, but there are not a lot of QB's who would have done what he did. If you don't think that Eli's play had as much to do with them winning the Super Bowl, then you need to open your eyes. There's a reason some QB's are taken very high in the draft, and it's not because of their physical attributes. It's because of their intangibles, and Eli Manning has them. He looked calm, composed and ready to go win on that final draft, how many other QB's in the league could handle all the pressure that was on him on that scoring drive?

Clark (4/24/2008)
bossFALCON (4/24/2008)
are you guys fighting over whether redman is our franchise qb or something???

no...he said that the main reason the giants won the SB was because of Eli manning. My argument is that eli wouldnt have had a chance if it wasnt for the play of the D. and i wouldnt use the word "fighting", just disagreeing;)

i think eli did become a factor because he did play pretty well in the 4th qtr, but i think the giants D was the biggest factor in the game. they shut down NE's offense that put up 31-45 points a game.

Clark (4/24/2008)
Thank you.

The defense did have a stellar game and they did put Eli in the position to win the game for them, but there are not a lot of QB's who would have done what he did. If you don't think that Eli's play had as much to do with them winning the Super Bowl, then you need to open your eyes. There's a reason some QB's are taken very high in the draft, and it's not because of their physical attributes. It's because of their intangibles, and Eli Manning has them. He looked calm, composed and ready to go win on that final draft, how many other QB's in the league could handle all the pressure that was on him on that scoring drive?

Exactly. I can probably count on one hand the QB's that would of been able to do what Eli did:

Peyton, Brady, Ben, McNabb, I'll even say Rivers. And what do all those QB's have in common Clark: They are all franchise QB's that were drafted high in the 1st round.

I agree that the D was the main reason the Giants won the SB.

Let's reform this question a bit...How many of you think the Giants would have won the SB (or even been in it) if Redman was their starting QB?

Clark (4/24/2008)
Thank you.

Exactly. I can probably count on one hand the QB's that would of been able to do what Eli did:

Peyton, Brady, Ben, McNabb, I'll even say Rivers. And what do all those QB's have in common Clark: They are all franchise QB's that were drafted high in the 1st round.

Actually, Brady was drafted in the 6th round, but the rest are 1st round QBs.

Oregon Falcon (4/24/2008)
Clark (4/24/2008)
Thank you.

Actually, Brady was drafted in the 6th round, but the rest are 1st round QBs.

Thanks, I meant to edit that after I posted it. I know better.

But I think my point has been made. And one more thing, Brady wasn't drafted to be a franchise QB. He was drafted to be Bledsoe's back-up, insurance. The Pats got lucky.

It's hard to choose on this one, because the Giants DL kept the heat on Brady almost the entire game, which is why it was even close IMO. However, when it came down to it and they needed a big play on offense, Manning came through and big.

You have to split credit for that big play though. Good job on Manning scrambling and staying on his feet. However his throw wasn't exactly on the money b/c David Tyree had to make a leaping effort and pin the ball against his helment (credit to Tyree on this part).

The D kept the game within one touchdown.

Oregon Falcon (4/24/2008)
I agree that the D was the main reason the Giants won the SB.

Let's reform this question a bit...How many of you think the Giants would have won the SB (or even been in it) if Redman was their startin QB?

i would have to see redman play a little more before i can answer that. this year was my first and only year seeing him play.

he could stink it up this year, or he could start for us for the next 2-4 years. if we did get to the SB with him i think our team would be similar to the 98 team.