Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Citing "a reliable league source," SI.com reports that Atlanta will likely pass on Matt Ryan at No. 3 overall even if Glenn Dorsey is off the board.

48 posts in this topic

Shiney_McShine (4/24/2008)
Don't be surprised if the Falcons pick Ryan, then trade his rights to another team......Say Baltimore.

If Dorsey is gone, TD may take that chance.  That being said, if we do draft Ryan don't consider him the pick until the Ravens are off the board. 

Clark (4/23/2008)
NCFalcon52 (4/23/2008)
The Rams have reportedly exchanged trade ideas with the Jets, who hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft.

New York may want to get in front of Atlanta to secure Matt Ryan. St. Louis is open for business and in great position to make a move. The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

It also said that Jets were trying to trade before atlanta and Get Ryan. If this is true and Atlanta wanted to prevent that trade they would say they are no longer going to draft Ryan so that the Jets wouldn't make that trade. It is all mind games at this point. NO WAY TO Know until the pick is made (unless your Billy Knight and you want everyone to know your drafting Sheldon Williams at 5 instead when you could trade down and get him at 10).

The rams cant negotiate with anyone before the draft buddy.......

Thanks Buddy, actually the top part of my post was a quote from http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=NFL&id=4637

Up until yesterday no one knew you couldn't do that and by the way, rotoworld might have quoted this before they made that decision clear.

The Jets trading up for Ryan is extremely unlikely.

Their coach has a reported case of man lust for Clemons but Pennington keeps doing better than Clemens. It's very unlikely they would want to throw a third QB in the mix at this time.

atljbo,

excellent information as usual - i consider you one of the best sources of information on the entire board - even your "inside info" - i was skeptical the first time i read one of your claims of inside info - but have seen your info to be right too many times now to doubt you.

also,  regarding Don Banks - remember he was the one that broke the whole "YKW" story - and many people bashed Don Banks and said it was a crap story, not true, etc., etc. Well now YKW and his posse are sitting in Leavenworth.   Don't want to talk about that - my only point to mention is that Don Banks of CNNSI is a **** good reporter with good information that is usually reliable. I don't think this is your normal "BS".

If Dorsey is gone, my desires ranked in order are:

1. trade down w/ Jets to get #6 and #35
  2. trade down w/ Ravens to get #8 and #38
  3. take Sedrick Ellis

targets in trade down would be Sedrick Ellis, Ryan Clady or Branden Albert. We would then have four 2nd rounders - we could use either two 2nd rounders or a 2nd and a 3rd to move into first round to get our desired QB of choice (Brohm/Henne/Flacco). This would still leave us with two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders to grab four more potential starters........I like the trade down scenario.......

atljbo (4/23/2008)
Clark (4/23/2008)
atljbo (4/23/2008)
Citing "a reliable league source," SI.com reports that Atlanta will likely pass on Matt Ryan at No. 3 overall even if Glenn Dorsey is off the board.

If that's really their plan, the Falcons could try hard to move down after Dorsey goes to St. Louis (or New Orleans) or take USC DT Sedrick Ellis.

Thanks for the info altjbo, always like hearing what you have to say....i actually started a post today asking if you had heard anything new....the topic disappeared into the sea of moronic posts pretty quick though...

yea...my peoples has told me about couple of teams that has had talks with the falcons and about some of the offers...... some of them are pretty good offers.... but yea... im going to just wait to see what happens on Saturday

come on man, give us a little taste of whats being offered....would love to hear it....

If you can believe that, its wonderful.  I want to believe but I'll reserve judgement til I see it.

Also, if Glenn Dorsey is there, you take him.  Period.  He's WELL known to be the best talent on the board, bar none.  We have enough picks and we aren't going to make the superbowl any time soon.  Take Glenn Dorsey and build talent around him.

Drafting Ryan is a great idea. This is the QB that will take us to the play offs. Don't be surprised if they draft him and he gets this team at least 11 wins.

Mark my words!

I assure you I did not edit or alter this in any way :lol:

anyone who did or still thinks matt ryan will be a falcon with the #3 pick needs their head examined. or did yall forget mckay isnt drafting anymore

LMAO!

Big ups to Shiney. Dude how in the **** did you know this??

im 100% sure he actually did edit that post. people didn't quote him and the people that did quote him quoted him on the ravens-falcons trade possibilities.

im 100% sure he actually did edit that post. people didn't quote him and the people that did quote him quoted him on the ravens-falcons trade possibilities.

****.......You're a regular **** Tracy.......

:(

****.......You're a regular **** Tracy.......

:(

could you imagine how many times people would have quoted you on that and tell you you're crazy? :lol::lol::lol:

could you imagine how many times people would have quoted you on that and tell you you're crazy? :lol::lol::lol:

But I am crazy........Wanna buy some Mandys?

This has been a rough week.

The truth about Santa.

I found out how much wood a woodchuck could chuck.

And now it turns out that Shiney can't tell the future.

If Shakira turns out to be a dude, I am moving to Canada.