Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Citing "a reliable league source," SI.com reports that Atlanta will likely pass on Matt Ryan at No. 3 overall even if Glenn Dorsey is off the board.

48 posts in this topic

Citing "a reliable league source," SI.com reports that Atlanta will likely pass on Matt Ryan at No. 3 overall even if Glenn Dorsey is off the board.

If that's really their plan, the Falcons could try hard to move down after Dorsey goes to St. Louis (or New Orleans) or take USC DT Sedrick Ellis.

If that's really their plan, the Falcons could try hard to move down after Dorsey goes to St. Louis (or New Orleans) or take USC DT Sedrick Ellis.
I could have told you that.:P

Carter (4/23/2008)
Seems like common sense to me... but a link would be nice.  I don't see anything on SI about this.

Don Banks SI

The Rams have reportedly exchanged trade ideas with the Jets, who hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft.

New York may want to get in front of Atlanta to secure Matt Ryan. St. Louis is open for business and in great position to make a move. The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

It also said that Jets were trying to trade before atlanta and Get Ryan. If this is true and Atlanta wanted to prevent that trade they would say they are no longer going to draft Ryan so that the Jets wouldn't make that trade. It is all mind games at this point. NO WAY TO Know until the pick is made (unless your Billy Knight and you want everyone to know your drafting Sheldon Williams at 5 instead when you could trade down and get him at 10).

hawkeyes (4/23/2008)
Carter (4/23/2008)
Seems like common sense to me... but a link would be nice. I don't see anything on SI about this.

Don Banks SI

When talking about the draft, the week of the draft, there is no such thing as "real" news.

JMO, this is floated out there to keep Baltimore from jumping up to #2.

NCFalcon52 (4/23/2008)
The Rams have reportedly exchanged trade ideas with the Jets, who hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft.

New York may want to get in front of Atlanta to secure Matt Ryan. St. Louis is open for business and in great position to make a move. The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

It also said that Jets were trying to trade before atlanta and Get Ryan. If this is true and Atlanta wanted to prevent that trade they would say they are no longer going to draft Ryan so that the Jets wouldn't make that trade. It is all mind games at this point. NO WAY TO Know until the pick is made (unless your Billy Knight and you want everyone to know your drafting Sheldon Williams at 5 instead when you could trade down and get him at 10).

The rams cant negotiate with anyone before the draft buddy.......

hawkeyes (4/23/2008)
Carter (4/23/2008)
Seems like common sense to me... but a link would be nice.  I don't see anything on SI about this.

Don Banks SI

Same don banks who has been makeing fun of us for 5 months?Cant get it right nobody wants the job.Blah,blah.....

atljbo (4/23/2008)

Thanks for the info altjbo, always like hearing what you have to say....i actually started a post today asking if you had heard anything new....the topic disappeared into the sea of moronic posts pretty quick though...

i was actually wondering if the rams were allowed to negotiate with draft picks now that miami has already signed jake long.  in essence, they are now the #1 overall pick.

thanks for the continued updates and everything else this offseason atljbo, i've learned that most of what you post usually comes true from your inside sources--(even though this post wasn't one of those inside sources)

Clark (4/23/2008)
atljbo (4/23/2008)

Thanks for the info altjbo, always like hearing what you have to say....i actually started a post today asking if you had heard anything new....the topic disappeared into the sea of moronic posts pretty quick though...

yea...my peoples has told me about couple of teams that has had talks with the falcons and about some of the offers...... some of them are pretty good offers.... but yea... im going to just wait to see what happens on Saturday

But here is another take about how we can do this, if Dorsey was pick by St. Louis then we could trade with Chiefs so they can pick up Ryan or whoever they want, and we can get their pick and maybe a another 2nd or even that first rounder that they just got from Minn.

If Dorsey wasnt going to St. Louis, we could trade back as well, maybe Oakland or Chiefs as well, as long they dont pick up Dorsey(I know that wont happen, BPA vs Need, Raiders would go BPA) and get Dorsey at a lower pick and another draft choice as well.

NCFalcon52 (4/23/2008)

1. it is against NFL rules for dorsey to begin negotiations with the rams before the draft, so that is false.

2. i think the jets top 3 on their board are: gholston, mcfadden and chris long, but not necessarilly in that order. i dont think they will trade up past us to get ryan.

3. you have a point about us trying to prevent that trade by getting them to think that we dont want ryan. however that may just be because we want to be the team with options to trade down. the chiefs or the ravens are both legitimate trade down options, and if dorsey is off the board we will want as many options open as possible. that is how i explain this tactic. TD wants to leave everything open.

4. im sure we have set up tentative trade downs with some teams, like the chiefs, jets and patriots, should their #1 guy become available like... chris long, gholston or mcfadden. if dorsey goes at #2 i think we will be on the phones trying to find the best deal to move down, and then take it and target sedrick ellis, another trade down or the best OT we like in that range, whether it be ryan clady or chris williams. if we moved down again i think brohm would be one of our main targets, but if we moved down and got chris williams we would have tons of ammo to move up from anywhere to #18-#25 to make sure we get brohm.

5. all this stuff gives me a headache. :laugh:

anyone who did or still thinks matt ryan will be a falcon with the #3 pick needs their head examined. or did yall forget mckay isnt drafting anymore

I have been saying that the Falcons will not draft ryan.  If Dorsey is gone the falcons hopefully try to trade down and select either Clady or Ellis

Drafting Ryan is a great idea. This is the QB that will take us to the play offs. Don't be surprised if they draft him and he gets this team at least 11 wins.

Mark my words!

Shiney_McShine (4/24/2008)
Don't be surprised if the Falcons pick Ryan, then trade his rights to another team......Say Baltimore.

Now there's an idea...

Mr. Offseason (4/23/2008)
NCFalcon52 (4/23/2008)

1. it is against NFL rules for dorsey to begin negotiations with the rams before the draft, so that is false.

2. i think the jets top 3 on their board are: gholston, mcfadden and chris long, but not necessarilly in that order. i dont think they will trade up past us to get ryan.

3. you have a point about us trying to prevent that trade by getting them to think that we dont want ryan. however that may just be because we want to be the team with options to trade down. the chiefs or the ravens are both legitimate trade down options, and if dorsey is off the board we will want as many options open as possible. that is how i explain this tactic. TD wants to leave everything open.

4. im sure we have set up tentative trade downs with some teams, like the chiefs, jets and patriots, should their #1 guy become available like... chris long, gholston or mcfadden. if dorsey goes at #2 i think we will be on the phones trying to find the best deal to move down, and then take it and target sedrick ellis, another trade down or the best OT we like in that range, whether it be ryan clady or chris williams. if we moved down again i think brohm would be one of our main targets, but if we moved down and got chris williams we would have tons of ammo to move up from anywhere to #18-#25 to make sure we get brohm.

5. all this stuff gives me a headache. :laugh:

1. Your are correct... The top part of my post was a quote from the link, I didn't say that.

2. Once again I completely agree with you. It surprises me to think the Jets would trade up for Ryan in the first place.

3. I know one thing is that whatever we hear as happening at this point there is not way to believe it. Every single NFL team puts out lies to other teams to try and get a leg up on the other team. So, I have no idea, just that the Falcons saying that they are definitely not going to pick Ryan could be a complete lie or it could be true.

4. If Dorsey Goes, the Falcons will probably try feverishly to trade and if something can't happen they may likely take Ryan or surprise us with Ellis, or even Gholston to then try and trade to another team. Who knows??

5. Yes, I had to take Migraine medicine earlier my head was hurting so bad.