Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XXVIII-III

Why don't the Ravens try Troy Smith?

17 posts in this topic

they did for several games last season. he had a couple of starts. i think they see him as a project player and they want to win now.

ive followed Troy through Ohio State and i think he was the best QB in the 07 class

baltimore wants ryan which i think is stupid because troy can be a situation like brady did for NE

and no im not saying he will be good as brady but he is showing potential and did great in the games he played last year

Mike (4/22/2008)
ive followed Troy through Ohio State and i think he was the best QB in the 07 class

baltimore wants ryan which i think is stupid because troy can be a situation like brady did for NE

and no im not saying he will be good as brady but he is showing potential and did great in the games he played last year

i really like troy in ohio state also. ted ginn, troy smith, santonio holmes, gonzo. it was quite an offense.

KL (4/22/2008)
They will never know unless they put him out there.  What do you think?

they do know w/o putting him out there. its called practice.

He's been on the team for a year, they know what his capabilities are right now.

Although Romo sat on the bench for years before he got a chance...

Still Smith was over-hyped as a college player, he did what he did well but there wasn't much variety to his game and not much of what he did would translate that well to the NFL.

bossFALCON (4/22/2008)
Mike (4/22/2008)

i really like troy in ohio state also. ted ginn, troy smith, santonio holmes, gonzo. it was quite an offense.

Yea and last year if we knew earlier that Vick was going to jail i would want ATL to get him but it never happened

and Drew Brees prooved in the NFL that height doesnt matter and smith is taller than him to

Legion (4/28/2008)
He's short, slow, and not that good. Had a lot of help.

Compared to who? Is is actually pretty fast for the QB position.

flacco will be a bust imo. hopefully smith gets his shot after flacco busts in a couple years.

Mr. Offseason (4/29/2008)
flacco will be a bust imo. hopefully smith gets his shot after flacco busts in a couple years.

I agree... I think Flacco will be a big time whiff.  They should have given Smith a bit more confidence, in my opinion... I think he's got a better shot than most to be something in the NFL, even if he isn't your prototypical cookie cutter QB.

Carter (4/30/2008)
Mr. Offseason (4/29/2008)

I agree... I think Flacco will be a big time whiff. They should have given Smith a bit more confidence, in my opinion... I think he's got a better shot than most to be something in the NFL, even if he isn't your prototypical cookie cutter QB.

I hope they start Troy week one and realize hes pretty good and they will be in the same situation that Clevland is with Anderson and Quinn