Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Falcons RT Todd Weiner is recovering from reconstructive knee surgery and is uncertain to be ready for Week 1.

17 posts in this topic

Falcons RT Todd Weiner is recovering from reconstructive knee surgery and is uncertain to be ready for Week 1.

Todd was not bad at LT when he had to plat it.... In this draft we will have to find atleast 2 starting O-Lineman......

I can see us tradeing down and getting 6'6 322lbs LT Jeff Otah with that first round pick..... and 6'5 341lbs RT/G Carl Nicks with that 48th pick

atljbo (4/16/2008)

Todd was not bad at LT when he had to plat it.... In this draft we will have to find atleast 2 starting O-Lineman......

I can see us tradeing down and getting 6'6 322lbs LT Jeff Otah with that first round pick..... and 6'5 341lbs RT/G Carl Nicks with that 48th pick

I don't expect him to be the starter even if he is healthy. we are drafting lineman. duh.

BlacksburgHokie (4/16/2008)
That's definitely not good news. I guess it makes sense that we're giving Blalock some looks at tackle...

yea, thats probably why.

where did this info come from? i know he hd surgery, but thought he was expected to be back for training camp...way before week one. he wasnt cleared for this mini camp, but attended and is supposedly close to being ready.

I'm hoping we can get any two of Cherilus, Baker, Nicks, and Collins with two of our 2nd round picks...

Heck, I'm at the point I'd prefer us to trade down slightly, get Brandon Albert, and put him in at one of the tackle slots.

I dont think this is all dat bad we just have to get LT in the second if we dont draft J. Long and either a RG or RT in the third....I think Tyson Clabo is more than capable at starting at RG and looked good at RT as well....we keep Blaylock and McClure at their spots and let the rookies and Renardo Foster hold down the OT spots till Todd gets back.

scott hartley (4/16/2008)
atljbo (4/16/2008)

I don't expect him to be the starter even if he is healthy. we are drafting lineman. duh.

WHAT? If Todd's healthy, he's a starter dude.

Im hoping for

LT:6'6 322lbs Jeff Otah

LG:6'4 329lbs Justin Blalock

C: 6'1 300lbs Todd McClure

RG:6'5 341lbs Carl Nicks

RT:6'6 316lbs Tyson Clabo

Backups

6'6 338lbs LT/RT Renardo Foster

6'5 305lbs C/G Alex Stepanovich

6'5 348lbs G Kurt Quarterman

6'4 305lbs C/G Doug Datish

6'6 335lbs RT/G Barry Richardson

Considering ACL recovery time is about 9 to 12 months and the player is usually 2/3's after that I am not surprised.  I hate it for Weiner but most players do not perform well the next year after their recovery and combined with age he could be cut at some point.

atljbo (4/17/2008)
Im hoping for

LT:6'6 322lbs Jeff Otah

LG:6'4 329lbs Justin Blalock

C: 6'1 300lbs Todd McClure

RG:6'5 341lbs Carl Nicks

RT:6'6 316lbs Tyson Clabo

Backups

6'6 338lbs LT/RT Renardo Foster

6'5 305lbs C/G Alex Stepanovich

6'5 348lbs G Kurt Quarterman

6'4 305lbs C/G Doug Datish