Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

Citing sources close to the team and the player, Yahoo Sports reports the Patriots are considering trading up in the draft for Glenn Dorsey.

12 posts in this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-c...=yhoo&type=lgns

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/p...ort=NFL&id=4661

In fact, the emphasis on speed rushers is so strong that New England, which has the No. 7 overall pick via last year s draft trade with the San Francisco 49ers, has had Dorsey in for a personal workout and is contemplating a trade up for him, according to a source close to the team and another close to the player. The last time New England used a pick in the top 10, it selected versatile defensive lineman Richard Seymour with the sixth pick in the 2001 draft.

guess theyll have to trade up to #2 then, because if he gets to #3 draft day will be over for dorsey.

i have to say this sounds like a bunch of crap, when was the last time the patriots traded up, much less when they already had a top 10 pick? if anything i think they will move down.

This close to the draft, I am very skeptical about any reports like this,

especially for a team like the Patriots who aren't the least bit open with

the press.

totalbirdbrain (4/16/2008)
This close to the draft, I am very skeptical about any reports like this,

especially for a team like the Patriots who aren't the least bit open with

the press.

Agreed, but if it did happen the swap of picks with us could include one of their current players.  That would be as good as or better than a draft pick.  Seems unlikely, but as the draft gets closer there will be more opportunities present themselves. 

They can't trade high enough. Miami may trade their number 1, but that's how high they need to go. The Birds and the Rams are using their picks. Rams like either of the Long boys and the Birds like Dorsey and Jake Long. If Dorsey and Jake Long are there at three, then maybe we take Long over Dorsey. That's the only way I see them tradign up to get him. Even then they need to go fourth, because Oakland needs to fill a hole at DT as well. It just isn't going to happen.

Make it happen, Dimitroff. #3 for #7, #62, #69, #94, and #129. Or, we can put in a clause. We get their #7 and #62, and then, if they make the playoffs in 2009, we get their 1st rounder. If they don't, we get their 2nd and 3rd rounders. It should be all too familiar to them. ;)

its not happening, if this was the jets i would believe this possibly but not the patriots

Not only do I believe this rumor, I think we're the ones they're talking with. St. Louis is working hard to convince people they're picking him at #2 for a reason.

This makes even more sense when you take into account that Atlanta has worked out Leodis McKelvin and Jeff Otah.

Otah is projected a little later, but with an extra 2nd, the Falcons could combine two seconds and move back up into the first to select the OT they want.

So, at 7 it would be Matt Ryan or Leodis McKelvin... a trade back up into the first for Otah, and a QB like Henne in the second. Or Matt Ryan, Jeff Otah, and a different safety or CB in Round 2 or 3. When you think of it this way, it makes A LOT of sense. The Falcons stockpiled DTs in free agency, and have worked out guys like Dre Moore, DeMario Pressley, and carlton Powell, who by the way is, one of the best run-stopping DTs in this class.

Mike (4/19/2008)
this makes no sense that NE wants dorsey

they have Wilfork and he is an animal

Dorsey would play DE. I like it!

We would add the 7th, and 62nd, and a future 1st or 2nd

We could get

7th- Ellis

34th- Flacco Or Brohm

37th- Otah (I don't think he will be here)or the best OL available

48th- Lofton (MLB)

62nd- Godfrey (CB)

That's a nice start to rebuilding a team imo. You could also then trade 2 picks in the second to get back in the first round IF a player like Otah or if you like Brohm falls to a certain point. But IF it's true, 5 picks in the top 65 is a strong class!