• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

halsey (4/15/2008)
I did live on a military salary for 6 years. You need to think creatively. There are other ways to see games. At worst you can listen on the internet and watch the highlights later.

Listen on the internet?  I want to see this team play, complain about horrible play-by-play and camera coverage, and roll my eyes at the color commentary.

I understand you were addressing the notion that we're not getting national games because of Vick, but I took exception to your assertion that anyone who wants national games is just a bandwagoner.  I love this team and I've seen all of about 9 or 10 games over the past 5 years since coming back from Korea.

The *only* solution is to order Sunday Ticket for my home, which simply isn't feasible for me at this time.

jaymadd1 (4/15/2008)
Yeah it will suck not being able to watch the games, I did not know that the NFL Sunday ticket was $500

It's not $500... I think it's just over $200 though.  It will cost 5 large for me because I have to pay DirecTV over $300 just to start up service because my credit isn't good enough for their free promotion.

Carter (4/16/2008)
jaymadd1 (4/15/2008)
Yeah it will suck not being able to watch the games, I did not know that the NFL Sunday ticket was $500

It's not $500... I think it's just over $200 though.  It will cost 5 large for me because I have to pay DirecTV over $300 just to start up service because my credit isn't good enough for their free promotion.

I tried to get it set up at my last house and the dude said they couldn't hook it up cause there were too many trees in the way. I'm thinking of getting it at my new place, but I wish it wasn't so freakin expensive. I don't give a **** about seeing every game. I just wanna see the Falcons. They need a package where you select a team and you get all of that team's games for $150.
  • 2 months later...
mindgame (4/15/2008)
it will probually also be less pressure on the players and they may in return play better, or they may have the mentality that "no one is watching" and play sloppy and not really care

That is probably going to be based on the coaches and how well they motivate the team and what they make the team believe.

atlballer (4/15/2008)
o national games and no sell out game all season.....LOL

NO VICK=NO NATIONAL COVERAGE

We are getting plenty of "Nationally Covered" bad press, courtesy of Okkie, thank you very much.  What would you spend $100 Million for in just 3 years? :w00t:

bigduke633 (4/15/2008)
4 oclock games at home do rock though.Get up late.Watch games tailgateing and the late game after.Oh well........

I DESPISE 4:00 games. This is the East Coast and we shouldn't be held hostage. 1:00 is the start time. ****, I even hate Sunday and Monday night games. Yuk.

Awe, look at the little whiney punk that is atlballer. Poor little baby, he doesn't get to give himself a "hand rub" while watching Vick on TV any more, now the little whiney kid is lashing out. WAH WAH WAH.

I plan on attending a few games this year, so it will not bother me all that much. Know why Baller? Because I am a real fan, not some little kid who had his feelings hurt because his hero is in prison. WAH WAH WAH Baller, go crawling back into your bedroom and cry with your #7 jersey like the little punk you are.

Vick lovers - no Vick, no national/primetime games . . .

Vick haters - we never liked national/primetime games anyway . . .

So, if the Falcons do well this season and are rewarded with a few national games next year, how will the people who claim they don't like national/primetime games feel?

Duff_Man (7/11/2008)
bigduke633 (4/15/2008)
4 oclock games at home do rock though.Get up late.Watch games tailgateing and the late game after.Oh well........

I DESPISE 4:00 games. This is the East Coast and we shouldn't be held hostage. 1:00 is the start time. ****, I even hate Sunday and Monday night games. Yuk.

You sound like a lot of fun.Bah.....who needs late games!

Exactly what is the reason for TV blackouts in a teams local market, especially the city limits? How does this system benefit anyone? Just because the games aren't necessarily sold out how can anyone say that say 60,000 people filling the Dome shows a lack of fan interest? This system is just silly but if anyone knows the reasons I'm all ears.

Our new franchise is not a CIRCUS franchise anymore..............since the Felon has gone to his proper home.............Leavenworth..............the slammer !!!

They care about winning football games...........consistantly...........not parading themselves on national TV just to feed pathetic egos.

The CIRCUS has packed up and left town.

falconchef (4/16/2008)
It's not $500.  It's about $230 for early bird subscription and if you don't have DirectTv, they will install it for free and give you monster incentives for the first few months.  Not to be a pitchman, but I've had DirectTv every year of Sunday Ticket and it's been worth it every year!!  ALL games, not just ALL Falcon games.  And NFL Network.  DirectTv adds every new channel on for free.  They're the best ever!

Enough sales talk... I love the schedule.  Primetime games suck; they break up my Sunday Routine of coming home from church and watching the Falcons game on beautiful Tivo at my leisure with no commercials.

If you live within 75 miles of the city you still cant see the game if its a blackout. primetime games mean you are relevant.