1 Quick Question about Dorsey & Ryan

FalcFan12

Why are you guys pushing him so hard he from what I hear has a lot injury concern?Why not take Matt Ryan he comes without those injury concern and lot time(vs VATech & Clemson) I see a lot of Tom Brady in him plus he is a very tough QB.Try playing behind the OL that he did at BC.

MattRyanFan (4/12/2008)
Why are you guys pushing him so hard he from what I hear has a lot injury concern?Why not take Matt Ryan he comes without those injury concern and lot time(vs VATech & Clemson) I see a lot of Tom Brady in him plus he is a very tough QB.Try playing behind the OL that he did at BC.

I am NOT on lie I want the Falcons to take Matt Ryan but as long as we get a great player I dont care who it is.

1. the only reason he won the VT game is because VT's DC went to a prevent D and they were lucky enough to get an onside kick. 2. if we can get good pressure on the other teams QB our corners will be better off. 3. there is no way he is worth the #3 pick i don't care what mayock is smoking, i don't understand how he jumped from the 5th best qb last year to the 1st this year with 19 int's. 4. dorsey doesn't have a huge injury concern, he happened to have a semi-freaky injury from a pile up.

I'm a Dorsey fan myself. He has the ability to flat-out dominate a game, and he'll be able to come in and be a force on day one. That's the kind of immediate impact player everybody wants when picking that high.

Having said that, I'm not going to kill myself if we do take Ryan. We need a franchise QB and he's the best one on the board. It's the single most important position in pro sports and if you don't have one, you're not going anywhere.

Every player goes through injuries. If anything, I'm impressed that Dorsey played at a very high level even with the injury. It says alot about his makeup...