Ryan Leaf & Peyton Manning = Matt Ryan & Brian Brohm?

ATLFalcon36

This looks a lot like the leaf, manning situation... All the draft "experts" are declaring Matt Ryan the best QB in the class kinda how Ryan Leaf was hyped up and being shoved down our throats while experts claim Brohm is far beyond Matt Ryan...

So is this comparison draft-wise valid... of course im not saying Brohm is even close to Peyton.... I'm saying do we take the "second best" QB that ends up being the best choice?

atlfalcon36 (4/12/2008)
This looks a lot like the leaf, manning situation... All the draft "experts" are declaring Matt Ryan the best QB in the class kinda how Ryan Leaf was hyped up and being shoved down our throats while experts claim Brohm is far beyond Matt Ryan...

So is this comparison draft-wise valid... of course im not saying Brohm is even close to Peyton.... I'm saying do we take the "second best" QB that ends up being the best choice?

Are you so certain that one of these qb's will be a bust?

I really think Matt Ryan is going to be a huge bust... if he ends up being a Falcon, I'll be pissed off until he 1) Proves me wrong or 2) He's no longer on the team....

Either way I'm a falcons fan til I drop, I just won't like him especially when he throws dozens of interceptions... If he wins games thats all I can ask if we pull the trigger on him...

I'd just rather trade down and pick up Brohm, I think he has way more of an upside and is more cerebral of a prospect

atlfalcon36 (4/12/2008)
I really think Matt Ryan is going to be a huge bust... if he ends up being a Falcon, I'll be pissed off until he 1) Proves me wrong or 2) He's no longer on the team....

Either way I'm a falcons fan til I drop, I just won't like him especially when he throws dozens of interceptions... If he wins games thats all I can ask if we pull the trigger on him...

I'd just rather trade down and pick up Brohm, I think he has way more of an upside and is more cerebral of a prospect

I think it would work better to stay where we are and get Dorsey and then possibly trade up in the 2nd round to Brohm, i hope he will drop to us at our first pick in the 2nd round but i also thought that Drew Staton last year wouldnt be picked til the 3rd or fourth round last year, and he was picked early 2nd round if im not mistaken.

There are always going to be teams that have players higher on their boards than others, hence ted ginn last year at #9, so i have my doubts that he'll be there in the 2nd round

I've made the comparison between the two Ryan's a few time myself.

It may be a bit Harsh. Ryan may be an ok QB one of those days. But I think Brohm has a **** of a lot more potential, and he has proven a whole lot more on the field.

I don't see the different in Ryan and Brohm being as big as Leaf and Manning, but I see Brohm coming out ahead in the long run.