Front Office Scouting Additions

Bring It

I'm not sure how the entire scouting system is structured for the Falcons or other franchises, I'm sure Dimitroff is really well schooled on this though.

With the outrageous sums of money being shelled out for rookie player contracts and signing bonus's.............and the risk of failures or pure busts...........it would seem logical to me if I were a franchise owner I would increase my scouting staff TWO or THREE times !! The cost would be a FRACTION...........annually, compared to just ONE high draft BUST, or paying a third round talent........second round money. Only ONE error like that pays for all the additional scouting staff........FIVE times over.

I'd even include one or two young psychologists on staff to evaluate potential players............inside and out.

With the  I N S A N E  money being given these prima donnas.............you can no longer take the risk NOT to do this.

You can hire all of the psychologists or scouts or doctors you want - I still don't think it would help any more in figuring out how a guy's skills translate to the NFL level or how successful he could be there. No matter how a 20 year old kid seems on the field or in interviews or anything, it's impossible to tell what will happen once he starts cashing 100k+ paychecks every week...

BlacksburgHokie (4/14/2008)
You can hire all of the psychologists or scouts or doctors you want - I still don't think it would help any more in figuring out how a guy's skills translate to the NFL level or how successful he could be there. No matter how a 20 year old kid seems on the field or in interviews or anything, it's impossible to tell what will happen once he starts cashing 100k+ paychecks every week...

It just seems that many disasters could be avoided if they dug a little deeper into players background. Some of the PURE busts must have gotten little or none.

I know it works well in corporate America.

Bring It (4/12/2008)
I'm not sure how the entire scouting system is structured for the Falcons or other franchises, I'm sure Dimitroff is really well schooled on this though.

With the outrageous sums of money being shelled out for rookie player contracts and signing bonus's.............and the risk of failures or pure busts...........it would seem logical to me if I were a franchise owner I would increase my scouting staff TWO or THREE times !! The cost would be a FRACTION...........annually, compared to just ONE high draft BUST, or paying a third round talent........second round money. Only ONE error like that pays for all the additional scouting staff........FIVE times over.

I'd even include one or two young psychologists on staff to evaluate potential players............inside and out.

With the  I N S A N E  money being given these prima donnas.............you can no longer take the risk NOT to do this.

Yes it does seem logical but, it also seems logical that  they would thought of this many times over. I'am sure that the scouting system has grown through the years.

grendel (4/14/2008)
I'd be hiring some ex-FBI field agents to do some background checks on these guys before giving them several million dollars

Yup.

Teams throw millions of $ down the tubes, and most, not all, of the busts could be avoided.

Makes you wonder how the Titans checked out Pacman before showering this dope with money ??????

Bring It (4/12/2008)

With the outrageous sums of money being shelled out for rookie playercontracts and signing bonus's.............and the risk of failures or pure busts...........it would seem logical to me if I were a franchise owner I would increase my scouting staff TWO or THREE times !! The cost would be a FRACTION...........annually, compared to just ONE high draft BUST, or paying a third round talent........second round money. Only ONE error like that pays for all the additional scouting staff........FIVE times over.

I'd even include one or two young psychologists on staffto evaluate potential players............inside and out.

With the I N S A N E money being given these prima donnas.............you can no longer take the risk NOT to do this.

Try not to make the titles of your threads look like "breaking news" if you're going to post an idea or opinion. I know you didn't use the words breaking news, but it appears to be a news related thread from the outside. Just FYI.

SoCalFalconFan (4/14/2008)
Bring It (4/12/2008)

With the outrageous sums of money being shelled out for rookie playercontracts and signing bonus's.............and the risk of failures or pure busts...........it would seem logical to me if I were a franchise owner I would increase my scouting staff TWO or THREE times !! The cost would be a FRACTION...........annually, compared to just ONE high draft BUST, or paying a third round talent........second round money. Only ONE error like that pays for all the additional scouting staff........FIVE times over.

I'd even include one or two young psychologists on staffto evaluate potential players............inside and out.

With the I N S A N E money being given these prima donnas.............you can no longer take the risk NOT to do this.

Try not to make the titles of your threads look like "breaking news" if you're going to post an idea or opinion. I know you didn't use the words breaking news, but it appears to be a news related thread from the outside. Just FYI.[/quote

OK........will do.