ESPN John Clayton on the Huddle today- shameless pimping of Ryan

texasbirdfan

Why are these guys trying to stick him on us?  With a squeaky clean image and pedigree Chris Long is by-passed in that scenario.  Clayton smashed Brohm as a potential pick because Blank hates Louisville.  LOL

42 years of the Press using us as their whipping boys.  When will it stop?

texasbirdfan (4/12/2008)
Why are these guys trying to stick him on us? With a squeaky clean image and pedigree Chris Long is by-passed in that scenario. Clayton smashed Brohm as a potential pick because Blank hates Louisville. LOL

42 years of the Press using us as their whipping boys. When will it stop?

Thats totally your opinion. Projecting Matt Ryan to Atlanta is not us getting the shaft. It just make good sense. Its just an opinion at this point, but if it became reality I would be happy with the pick.

If Ryan is as good as the scouts say, then it would be foolish to push any other player on us besides Matt Ryan. We are evidence of how important the franchise QB is in the NFL. We went from superbowl contenders to scrapping the bottom of the league. We lost a QB that had the nads to put the game on his shoulders and drive us down field in the 4th to win the game. Ryan is most famous for this aspect of his game, comebacks. Manning, Favre, and Brady are all pretty good at this too. So if Matt Ryan is continue this trait in his game, then it would be a disaster to not take him assuming Dorsey doesn't turn out to be Albert Haynesworth 2007.

texasbirdfan (4/12/2008)
Why are these guys trying to stick him on us? With a squeaky clean image and pedigree Chris Long is by-passed in that scenario. Clayton smashed Brohm as a potential pick because Blank hates Louisville. LOL

42 years of the Press using us as their whipping boys. When will it stop?

Its a conspiracy...they're all out to get the falcons..EVERYONE

No but seriously did I forget something or do we need a QB. Taking the best one in the draft only makes sense.

the point.

Are you guys not listening to these broadcasters?  They have decided that Ryan only works in Atlanta and all the other teams that so-called need a qb, well they can get by with other needs.  It smells of something.  Either the Falcons are putting it out there or....

At this point I dont care what we do at #3....any player we would think about taking should be solid players.

What I care about more is how we draft later on...namely all the 2nd and 3rd rounders. We an build a solid team with those picks...maybe not for this season, but for future seasons.

I think last year's draft will also start to bear fruit, considering all of them minus a guy on IR saw plenty of PT.

Agreed about last year's draft.  It had to be absuolutely crazy for them to be in the league the first year and be subjected to Petrino.  Must have been a crazy maker.

Re the Falcons and the press:  we've made it all too easy for them to pick on us with the bonehead moves we've made over the decades.  But . . . . that is all changing.

canadianfalcon47 (4/12/2008)
Do you think he looks at mock drafts and sees most of them with Ryan at #3 and says well, thats who we better take. Im gonna throw it out there and say this isnt the case. So everyone can calm down and let TD pick who he thinks will be the best match for our football team.

No.

But Ownership has been known to sway teams' decisions based on what the public says and what the fans swallow as gospel from the media talking heads...

texasbirdfan (4/12/2008)
the point.

Are you guys not listening to these broadcasters?  They have decided that Ryan only works in Atlanta and all the other teams that so-called need a qb, well they can get by with other needs.  It smells of something.  Either the Falcons are putting it out there or....

I've noticed, and not only have they decided that Ryan only works in Atlanta...but even though plenty of teams have no true "face" of the franchise...apparently Atlanta NEEDS one moreso than say the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Jets, etc...and Ryan would be that "face that Atlanta sorely needs"...whatever. Oh, and for a bunch of folks that wrote about Blank needing to stay out of football personnel decisions...why does every single writeup on the draft always mention Arthur Blank "not being able to pass on Ryan?

texasbirdfan (4/12/2008)
Why are these guys trying to stick him on us?  With a squeaky clean image and pedigree Chris Long is by-passed in that scenario.  Clayton smashed Brohm as a potential pick because Blank hates Louisville.  LOL

42 years of the Press using us as their whipping boys.  When will it stop?

What's up with Clayton's hair anyways??? Did he cry when Salisbury left???

july425 (4/12/2008)
texasbirdfan (4/12/2008)
the point.

Are you guys not listening to these broadcasters? They have decided that Ryan only works in Atlanta and all the other teams that so-called need a qb, well they can get by with other needs. It smells of something. Either the Falcons are putting it out there or....

I've noticed, and not only have they decided that Ryan only works in Atlanta...but even though plenty of teams have no true "face" of the franchise...apparently Atlanta NEEDS one moreso than say the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Jets, etc...and Ryan would be that "face that Atlanta sorely needs"...whatever. Oh, and for a bunch of folks that wrote about Blank needing to stay out of football personnel decisions...why does every single writeup on the draft always mention Arthur Blank "not being able to pass on Ryan?

I've seen mocks with Ryan going to the Ravens at 8. Most people in the media that do them seem to think he will not fall past 8.

Given the circus surrounding our QB last year, we do need a positive face of the franchise more than any of the other teams you mentioned. The Vick scandal is still fresh in the minds of people. The Rams just gave Buldger a bunch of money and the Jets seem to be set on going with Clements as the future. This may be why you don't hear a new QB being associated with those teams. Both the Lions and Bucs need QB's.

I just got a new issue of ESPN magazine yesterday, and they did a mock draft. They have us taking, you guessed it, McFadden. WTF. Do these experts watch any football outside of the Colts and Chargers because from the looks of it they don't know ish about any other teams and just stick people around.

The Ryan thing doesn't shock me at all. Baltimore will pick him up.