PF becoming TATF now?

michaelgee

I don't know what you are talking about, it's nothing like TATF. Just because some new people are here doesn't mean anything. We needed more posters, we maybe had 1 new topic a day before. In all honesty, these kind of threads are more like TATF than anything else I've seen.

michaelgee (4/12/2008)
wow, in the last 2 weeks the TATF'ers are all in here. What has happened?

IMHO, what has happened is simple: some of us have earned the opportunity to participate in this forum and enjoy some intelligent, rational commentary (and some occasional humor) about Falcons football.  As a new member of this forum, I can honestly say that it's a pleasure NOT to have to deal with the trolls, haters and spammers that seem to have been multiplying on TATF.  

I am a bit surprised that so few of the veteran PF people seem to be here lately: perhaps it's just a case of the pre-draft doldrums.

monoxide (4/12/2008)
michaelgee (4/12/2008)
wow, in the last 2 weeks the TATF'ers are all in here. What has happened?

the thread you just made is the first sign of TATF I've seen in here, so unless you are addressing yourself, then stick to football. (you making a thread that has nothing to do with the Falcons, and complaining, is exactly what TATF consists of). I don't think I've seen any un-intelligent people in Pure Football so far that were brought in.

to be honest, had you been in here long you would know what I am talking about. yes, it is better than TATF, I just hope some of the newcomers will refrain from some of the tactics that ruined TATF. A few weeks ago there was nothing but football in here, like I said, if you were not here then how could you know what I am talking about.

Pages and pages of naked women in sigs etc. If it isn't football related it shouldn't be in here. 3-4-5 images in a sig is overkill, just keep watching. I hope it doesn't follow into here.

i think he is talking about our group since it says "forum members". the mods are having problems with making the group say PF when you join so that is why it says forum members still. all of us new members (probably feb-present since i joined in feb) will have forum members instead of PF as our group.

sac told me not to worry about it as long as i can still post and view the forum.

bossFALCON (4/13/2008)
i think he is talking about our group since it says "forum members". the mods are having problems with making the group say PF when you join so that is why it says forum members still. all of us new members (probably feb-present since i joined in feb) will have forum members instead of PF as our group.

sac told me not to worry about it as long as i can still post and view the forum.

Nah, I don't think that's what it is, Michael Gee makes more posts like this than anyone in Pure Football, yet he is the one that complains. It's not that big a deal, I don't have to read it if I choose not to, I just figured I'd point that out to him.

bossFALCON (4/13/2008)

Yeah the way people are added it will show forum member, but they have rights to pure football..  Also the new comes need to know the forum rules and should abide by them..

Dem Birds Can Fly (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)

Nah, I don't think that's what it is, Michael Gee makes more posts like this than anyone in Pure Football, yet he is the one that complains. It's not that big a deal, I don't have to read it if I choose not to, I just figured I'd point that out to him.

you got all that from one post? you are mistaken.

fwiw, some of the new faces in here have made some "salty" posts in the "elsewhere" group, as everyone has done in the past [myself included], I was hoping to just make a post of hope that grief be left "elsewhere' and not follow into here. lighten up  guiys, there is no need for tension right before the biggest draft we have ever experienced.

michaelgee (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)

fwiw, some of the new faces in here have made some "salty" posts in the "elsewhere" group, as everyone has done in the past [myself included], I was hoping to just make a post of hope that grief be left "elsewhere' and not follow into here. lighten up guiys, there is no need for tension right before the biggest draft we have ever experienced.

why dont you send a PM to some of the people making salty posts instead of starting a thread?

bossFALCON (4/13/2008)
michaelgee (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)

fwiw, some of the new faces in here have made some "salty" posts in the "elsewhere" group, as everyone has done in the past [myself included], I was hoping to just make a post of hope that grief be left "elsewhere' and not follow into here. lighten up guiys, there is no need for tension right before the biggest draft we have ever experienced.

why dont you send a PM to some of the people making salty posts instead of starting a thread?

bf,

I didn't make this post to grumble back and forth. Whatever you say is fine with me, I don't come here to grumble and to try to get in the last word. Doing that is very TATF, can you see what I mean now? If not no worries dude. let it go.

I simply have seen the tone changing in PF and wish it could have remained unchanged but, that can't happen can it?

michaelgee (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)
michaelgee (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)

bf,

I didn't make this post to grumble back and forth. Whatever you say is fine with me, I don't come here to grumble and to try to get in the last word. Doing that is very TATF, can you see what I mean now? If not no worries dude. let it go.

I simply have seen the tone changing in PF and wish it could have remained unchanged but, that can't happen can it?

what are you talking about, im not grumbling with you. i was just saying that im sure the new PF posters would appreciate it if you told them what they did was wrong or whatever. why are you getting hostile with me man? i was just simply trying to offer up a suggestion. if i was new to something and was doing something wrong i would like it if somebody came and corrected me and tell me what i did wrong. i was just saying it may be helpful to them.

no need to get hostile, chill. if my post came across wrong im sorry. i dont like to start crap either.

michaelgee (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)
michaelgee (4/13/2008)
bossFALCON (4/13/2008)

bf,

Pure football isn't meant to be "stuck-up" football discussion with no fun or humor, it's just where we can be mature with our conversations and rational and talk about football. I personally haven't seen any posts that didn't discuss football other than this one. Maybe I'm missing something. When we start getting to "So-and-so is Da Future" then we have a problem.

Just a thought, but as a newcomer to PF, maybe it would help to pin something with the rules and also the best practices for the newcomers.  The little that I am aware of that is written is the description on the mainpage and what I gleaned from TATF:

Pure Football (3 members)

This forum is about one thing, and one thing only: what happens on the field on game day. It's football talk in its purest sense, hence the name.

Misc_RSS.gif

If there are more rules, putting them all in one place would go a long way.  My best guess from what I've read here and in the pinned file on how to get access to PF is generally control the rude, insulting, obnoxious behavior; talk football not random non-football topics; and try to keep it positive.  Even if you disagree with something the team does/does not do, there are ways of making suggestions/comments in a non-derrogatory, pro-team way.  Anything else I might be missing?

Big B (4/22/2008)
Just a thought, but as a newcomer to PF, maybe it would help to pin something with the rules and also the best practices for the newcomers.  The little that I am aware of that is written is the description on the mainpage and what I gleaned from TATF:

Pure Football (3 members)

This forum is about one thing, and one thing only: what happens on the field on game day. It's football talk in its purest sense, hence the name.

Misc_RSS.gif

If there are more rules, putting them all in one place would go a long way.  My best guess from what I've read here and in the pinned file on how to get access to PF is generally control the rude, insulting, obnoxious behavior; talk football not random non-football topics; and try to keep it positive.  Even if you disagree with something the team does/does not do, there are ways of making suggestions/comments in a non-derrogatory, pro-team way.  Anything else I might be missing?

Good post and good suggestion.  No wonder you got in here.  :hehe:

It's apples/oranges to compare the 2 forums.  I haven't seen trolls and BS posts over here at all.  And I've seen mostly civil discourse, and friendly kidding, if I've seen anything "bad".