DONT FORGET, DONOVAN MCNABB IS A FREE AGENT NEXT YEAR!!!!!

jorge thomas

I think the falcons are definitely setting thier sights on mcnabb for next season, and are not obligated to use a pick on a qb. so my revised falcons draft is this.

1. dorsey dt lsu- imediately the best player on thier entire team. what else could you ask for?

2a. flowers cb vtech- flowers coming in and starting opposite houston gives the falcons a nice looking young cb tandem for a long time to come. flowers would also allow jwill to stay at fs where he has much more potential than at cb, and i still think he can be an all pro.

2b. collins ot kansas- comes in and starts at lt day 1. should be pretty good right away, and very good throughout his career.

2c. cherilus ot bc- mammoth rt coupled with collins protecting the other side gives the falcons and unbelievable oline for the next 12-15 years. this draft is a perfect time for the falcons to have somany picks because the draft is so deep with starting caliber o-lineman.

3a. rachal og usc- if atlanta were able to land rachal here it would easily be by far and away the most dramatic turnaround for an outlook of a team/franchise in such a short time span as the nfl has ever seen. can you imagine the falcons o-line going from dreafull to one of the best in the league literally overnight??!!

3b. bryant dt texas a&m- huge run stopping dt. perfect compliment to dorsey.

4. woodson qb kentucky- perfect situation for woodson to sit behind mcnabb for a year, or a couple of years until he is groomed and ready to be an effective starter. this would give the falcons the luxury of knowing that as long as mcnabb gave them at least one good season, they would have a qb who could come in and be effective if mcnabb gets hurt. my mock would be the same though even if the falcons didnt hypotheticall have mcnabb.

5. langford de/dt hampton- gives them depth at both de and dt. can come in on run downs/distance at de, and at dt on pasing downs/distance. ot a bad pickup in rnd 5.

6a. griffin fs/ss texas- i dont know why griffin is slated to go so late in almost every mock ive seen. i think he will definitely be a starter for the majority of his career, an he could either step in for milloy after next season, or could play fs if jwill doesnt work out. he is alos a standout on special teams, another huge impact player in thr late rounds!

6b. sullivan c notre dame- mclure is getting old, and was over rated even when he was in his prime. scouts say sullivan would have been one of the top 3 centers in the draft if he came out last year, but his stock has slipped after nd's terrible season. hopefully the falcons can motivate sullivan and turn him back into a starting nfl center. something they would be ecstatic if they could get in rnd 6.

7. strong te pitt- milner is a very good blocking te, and strongs weakness is pass protection. i think he would be a good fit for the falcons, and automatically at least make thier roster, which is all you can ask out of your 7th rnd pick.

if the falcons draft went like this, or anywhere near this, i would be so excited about this upcoming season i wouldnt be able to contain myself!!!!!! i cant wait for the draft!!!!! with the right moves we can change the entire outlook of our franchise!!!!!!!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/5752343

his contract goes through 2013. next year is 2009.

"PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb can spend the rest of his NFL career in a city that originally didn't want him.

McNabb and the Philadelphia Eagles agreed to a new 12-year contract Friday that could be worth up to a record $115 million.

The total potential value would be the highest in NFL history, topping the 10-year, $103 million contract Drew Bledsoe signed with the New England Patriots in March 2001.

McNabb's deal runs through 2013, and includes a $20.5 million signing bonus, said his agent, Fletcher Smith. McNabb will receive $13.5 million of that bonus up front and the rest after next season. Including the bonus, he'll get $30 million over the next three years, leaving $9.5 million in base salary over that span."

bossFALCON (4/12/2008)

"PHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb can spend the rest of his NFL career in a city that originally didn't want him.

McNabb and the Philadelphia Eagles agreed to a new 12-year contract Friday that could be worth up to a record $115 million.

The total potential value would be the highest in NFL history, topping the 10-year, $103 million contract Drew Bledsoe signed with the New England Patriots in March 2001.

McNabb's deal runs through 2013, and includes a $20.5 million signing bonus, said his agent, Fletcher Smith. McNabb will receive $13.5 million of that bonus up front and the rest after next season. Including the bonus, he'll get $30 million over the next three years, leaving $9.5 million in base salary over that span."

the eagles are going with kolb after next year. they will be looking to trade or release him

jorge thomas (4/12/2008)
bossFALCON (4/12/2008)

the eagles are going with kolb after next year. they will be looking to trade or release him

dont read too much into that crap. the eagles arent trading mcnabb unless a crazy deal comes along. they definitely wont be releasing him.

The problem with this scenario is that Collins, Cherilus and Rachal could be off the Board. Most Mocks have 10-12 Offensive linemen being picked before Atlanta's 2nd pick. Although it's a strong draft for the big boys, a lot of them grade out as First Rounders and most teams have the need for at least one of them.

vitaman (4/12/2008)
The problem with this scenario is that Collins, Cherilus and Rachal could be off the Board. Most Mocks have 10-12 Offensive linemen being picked before Atlanta's 2nd pick. Although it's a strong draft for the big boys, a lot of them grade out as First Rounders and most teams have the need for at least one of them.

Probably 6-7 off the board by the early second round

I'm not sure who's a bigger moro.n, the guy who wants us to pass up on a QB this year to POSSIBLY trade for an injury prone 30 something QB at the end of his career next year, or the TOTAL moro.n that thinks we should pass up on a QB in the draft cause they believe Shockley is "DA future"!.  YOU GUYS KNOW NOTHING about football. . . NOTHING you stinkin pathetic myopic bone-headed UGA homers!!!  Shockley hasn't thrown ONE pass in the NFL yet (preseason doesn't count smartguys!) and hasn't played but ONE year of football on any level in the past 5+ years.  AIN'T HAPPENING!

No. During the Vick era, how much griping did you hear from the talking heads and fans about Vick's reckless style of play would lead to a short career. Looking at the first five yeas as a starter when both were in the league, McNabb missed more games due to injury.

It would be different if we were close and just needed stability at QB. We are rebuilding, don't waste tons of money on a 32 year old guy that is going to have to wait on a team that would be another 2 season away from being ready to compete.

The second they sent Crumpler and Hall away, that was it for the short term. This team has gone young and all attempts at a quick fix are done. Not to mention that McNabb is going to still want a big contract and the Falcons would still be dealing with a cap hit from Vick in 2009.

jorge thomas (4/12/2008)
I think the falcons are definitely setting thier sights on mcnabb for next season, and are notobligated to use apick on a qb. so my revised falcons draft is this.

1. dorsey dt lsu- imediately the best player on thier entire team. what else could you ask for?

2a. flowers cb vtech- flowers coming in and starting opposite houston gives the falcons a nice looking young cb tandem for a long time to come. flowers would also allow jwill to stay at fs where he has much more potential than at cb, and i still think he can be an all pro.

2b. collins ot kansas- comes in and starts at lt day 1. should be pretty good right away, and very good throughout his career.

2c. cherilus ot bc- mammoth rt coupled with collinsprotecting the other side gives the falcons and unbelievable oline for the next 12-15 years. this draft is aperfect time for the falcons to have somany picks because the draft is so deep with starting caliber o-lineman.

3a. rachal og usc- if atlanta were able to land rachal here it would easily be by far and away the most dramatic turnaround for an outlook of a team/franchise in such a short time span as the nfl has ever seen. can you imagine the falcons o-line going from dreafull to one of the best in the league literally overnight??!!

3b. bryant dt texas a&m- huge run stopping dt. perfect compliment to dorsey.

4. woodson qb kentucky- perfect situation for woodson to sit behind mcnabb for a year, or a couple of years until he is groomed and ready to be an effective starter. this would give the falcons the luxury of knowing that as long as mcnabb gave them at least one good season, they would have a qb who could come in andbe effective if mcnabb gets hurt. my mock would be the same though even if the falcons didnt hypotheticall have mcnabb.

5. langford de/dt hampton- gives them depth at both de and dt. can come in on run downs/distance at de, and at dt on pasing downs/distance. ot a bad pickup in rnd 5.

6a. griffin fs/ss texas- i dont know why griffin is slated to go so late in almost every mock ive seen. i think he will definitely be a starter for the majority of his career, an he could either step in for milloy after next season, or could play fs if jwill doesnt work out. he is alos a standout on special teams, another huge impact player in thr late rounds!

6b. sullivan c notre dame- mclure is getting old, and was over rated even when he was in his prime. scouts say sullivan would have been one of the top 3 centers in the draft if he came out last year, but his stock has slipped after nd's terrible season. hopefully the falcons can motivate sullivan and turn him back into astarting nflcenter. something they would be ecstatic if they could get in rnd 6.

7. strong te pitt- milner is a very good blocking te, and strongs weakness is pass protection. i think he would be a good fit for the falcons, and automatically at least make thier roster, which is all you can ask out of your 7th rnd pick.

if the falcons draft went like this, or anywhere near this, i would be so excited about this upcoming season i wouldnt be able to contain myself!!!!!! i cant wait for the draft!!!!! with the right moves we can change the entire outlook of our franchise!!!!!!!!!

i am upset that u did that much research for something that would not make sense what so ever.. u wasted your time.. its not gonna happen