trade offer from a browns fan

BUSHY

bare with me here, lets say cleveland offered Derek Anderson(probowl qb), kevin shaffer(starting OT) for atlantas 3 second round picks? This would fill two positions you desperatly need and free up your number 1 overall to draft defense, (ellis-dorsey). This scenario would fill 2 holes with proven probowl caliber players and allow you to draft that superstar everyone wants? would you take it or leave it alone?

schaffer isn't that good and he's way overpaid. he tricked y'all into paying him too much by being decent in our zone blocking scheme under alex gibbs, but he can't pass protect too well and isn't well suited for the power running scheme we're going to use with mularkey. so no, don't want him. we can talk about anderson though. two seconds is a lot, probably a little more than i would give after one good year from a sixth rounder. maybe our high second and a fourth or fifth.

How about if you give us Quinn, who doesn't want to play in Cleveland now.... We'll give you Brooking ( probowler) Horn (probowler) Harrington ( a great speaker/back up to talk about Anderson's mistakes) and we'll throw in the rights to Mike Vick too. Take it or leave it. We get rid of a bunch of expensive vets and we get a franchise type QB. You guys fill needs and get a 1-2 year playoff run with them as role players.

dan minnich (4/12/2008)
you could leave out kevin s. but 3 2nd rounds picks for anderson and like a 5th wouldnt be bad. if we want to move back into the first round to draft brohm like many on this board want to do it will prob. take all 3 of those picks anyway.

NO. to get anderson would be more like a second, third, and fifth if he truly is available. three second round picks gets you back in the top ten and brohm is going after 20 i still think. we will need one second rounder to move up not three

BUSHY (4/12/2008)
bare with me here, lets say cleveland offered Derek Anderson(probowl qb), kevin shaffer(starting OT) for atlantas 3 second round picks? This would fill two positions you desperatly need and free up your number 1 overall to draft defense, (ellis-dorsey). This scenario would fill 2 holes with proven probowl caliber players and allow you to draft that superstar everyone wants? would you take it or leave it alone?

You forgot to add a Sam's Club size jar of Vaseline with that trade because we would be getting screwed with this deal.

Joe Flacco = Derek Anderson.  We can draft Flacco in the second round.

Schaffer was drafted by ATL.  We know all about him and we were stunned to see you guys pay him a huge salary.  No thanks to the deal, but good luck with that.

We would give you a second rounder for Anderson, but that is about it.

Schaffer is junk, we know this...he was here for years, we had an undrafted rookie play the position better than him last year, before he blew out his knee. So throw Kevin out.

If Anderson is on the block(and I think we all know he isn't), but if he was, I'd give our 1st 2nd rnder and our 4th for him... You really don't know what you have in him, the way he struggled down the stretch. It's still a gamble, just less of one than drafting a rookie qb. If you wanted to talk Quinn, I'd be willing to give up a couple 2nds..(just cause I think Quinn can be a better qb than Anderson)

why would we take shaffer back, we let you guys have him and we have no interest in bringing him back. have fun with the big deal you guys gave him.

and as far as anderson id give you perhaps a 2nd rounder for him, but given the new big raise he just got id hesitate to trade more than that.

dream the F**K on about getting all of our 2nds. not a chance in ****.

its not our fault your gm traded all of your picks in what, the first 3 rounds? :laugh: