The Mock of all Mocks

bigjono

I am hoping that MIA selects Jake Long and STL pick Chris Long so we can have wiggle room to make a little move. I think its between Dmac, and Gholston in OAK.With that being said, KC needs a QB just as bad as we need one. We swap picks for their 2nd round pick(#35).

1st:Glenn Dorsey- We trade down and still get the player we covet (LEADER)

2nd(34):Joe Flacco- Has all the tools u can ask for.Give him a season to tweak his footwork.

2nd(35)(KC):Antoine Cason -Gifted athlete CB who can come in and start now(LEADER)

2nd(37):Curtis Lofton-Fierce competitor with a non-stop motor. (LEADER)

2nd(48):Duane Brown-Athletic OT who could play either side.

3rd:Red Bryant-Big run stuffer with the ability to cause some pressure in the backfield

3rd:Phillip Wheeler-Good MLB, but better suited at the OLB spot.Great blitzer,and run stuffer.

4th:Tony Hills- A simple leg fracture will heal back stronger than before. Once fully recovered, he will be the all american OT that everyone knew in the Big 12.

5th:Robert Felton-Opened up holes for Dmac. Would be good depth

6th:Mario Uruttia-6-6 232 4.53. Has the tools to be a Plaxico type player. I have a feeling he might not make it this far, but what the ****

7th:Curtis Johnson-LB depth, and ST

7th:Adam Spieker-Good depth at C position

UDFA:

Benjarvis Ellis-Tough nosed runner at rb 4.55 5-11 220

Jamal Lewis CB/SS/FS/ST ACE

Kregg Lumpkin-All around back that can be special when given the chance 6-0 222 4.58

Jayson Foster:Devin Hester JR (Blistering speed and change of direction)

Mike Cox-Paved the way for Tashard Choice

Jason Shirley-Very talented DT

Maurice Purify-Talented redzone threat

I would be ecstatic if the draft worked its way out like this.I dont think there are many reaches

YAY or NAY ?

Comments are welcome

With our 2nd round picks being so close, it makes it so possible for our players to fall to us. Flacco may be the biggest reach, but still possible. If the early qb's are gone, we get a OT with that pick, and get Andre Woodson later 2nd. I would be royally pissed if we traded picks to get a qb in the 1st When we have so many glaring needs in the trenches. I personally think Woodson is overly criticized about his delivery. It is lightyears better than Leftwich. The East West all star game practice was the only time I saw him look extra deliberate in his delivery. I think everybody is looking real hard at that performance and not looking at his full body of work. He had arguably one of the worst O-lines in the SEC and still put up 40 TDs with a low INT ratio. Its nothing that cant be fixed with a year on the bench with Bill Musgrave. Woodson will be a better version of Gerrard with a better arm. You can listen to ESPN if u want to, but his intangibles are too good to pass up. Check him out on youtube against LSU and tell me if his delivery is too slow.I would post it if I knew how.

bigjono (4/12/2008)
I am hoping that MIA selects Jake Long and STL pick Chris Long so we can have wiggle room to make a little move. I think its between Dmac, and Gholston in OAK.With that being said, KC needs a QB just as bad as we need one. We swap picks for their 2nd round pick(#35).

1st:Glenn Dorsey- We trade down and still get the player we covet (LEADER)

2nd(34):Joe Flacco- Has all the tools u can ask for.Give him a season to tweak his footwork.

2nd(35)(KC):Antoine Cason -Gifted athlete CB who can come in and start now(LEADER)

2nd(37):Curtis Lofton-Fierce competitor with a non-stop motor. (LEADER)

2nd(48):Duane Brown-Athletic OT who could play either side.

3rd:Red Bryant-Big run stuffer with the ability to cause some pressure in the backfield

3rd:Phillip Wheeler-Good MLB, but better suited at the OLB spot.Great blitzer,and run stuffer.

4th:Tony Hills- A simple leg fracture will heal back stronger than before. Once fully recovered, he will be the all american OT that everyone knew in the Big 12.

5th:Robert Felton-Opened up holes for Dmac. Would be good depth

6th:Mario Uruttia-6-6 232 4.53. Has the tools to be a Plaxico type player. I have a feeling he might not make it this far, but what the ****

7th:Curtis Johnson-LB depth, and ST

7th:Adam Spieker-Good depth at C position

UDFA:

Benjarvis Ellis-Tough nosed runner at rb 4.55 5-11 220

Jamal Lewis CB/SS/FS/ST ACE

Kregg Lumpkin-All around back that can be special when given the chance 6-0 222 4.58

Jayson Foster:Devin Hester JR (Blistering speed and change of direction)

Mike Cox-Paved the way for Tashard Choice

Jason Shirley-Very talented DT

Maurice Purify-Talented redzone threat

I would be ecstatic if the draft worked its way out like this.I dont think there are many reaches

YAY or NAY ?

Comments are welcome

Not bad, Although I don't think some of the guys will be there such as Red Bryant, jayson foster, and there is no way in **** I think Curtis johnson will be there. Curtis johnson could probably go in the fourth, also I just don't see us getting jason shirley with his character issues.

I like it, having 4 2nds would be awesome, but I ask you this...

Why would KC trade up w/ us to get a QB?  If we're willing to trade w/ them, then they have to believe we don't want Matt Ryan.  And Oakland definitely isn't taking Ryan.  They would be smarter to stand pat and take Ryan.

My fav is the Tony Hills pick. That's a great risk/reward spot to nab him. If he recovers we get a first round (top ten maybe) player for low investment. Im not sold on Flacco or Dorsey. Flacco for obvious reasons--small school etc...But when you draft a DT at #3 overall you tend to look for superior size, athletic ability etc...and really a combination of both. Stroud, Seymour and Henderson were all 6'6 or 6'7 310-330 lb plus behemoths w/ speed. Sapp was a sack master and pass rusher. Dorsey from a statistical point of view was not a great pass rusher, and his size is average at best.

bigjono (4/12/2008)
With our 2nd round picks being so close, it makes it so possible for our players to fall to us. Flacco may be the biggest reach, but still possible. If the early qb's are gone, we get a OT with that pick, and get Andre Woodson later 2nd. I would be royally pissed if we traded picks to get a qb in the 1st When we have so many glaring needs in the trenches. I personally think Woodson is overly criticized about his delivery. It is lightyears better than Leftwich. The East West all star game practice was the only time I saw him look extra deliberate in his delivery. I think everybody is looking real hard at that performance and not looking at his full body of work. He had arguably one of the worst O-lines in the SEC and still put up 40 TDs with a low INT ratio. Its nothing that cant be fixed with a year on the bench with Bill Musgrave. Woodson will be a better version of Gerrard with a better arm. You can listen to ESPN if u want to, but his intangibles are too good to pass up. Check him out on youtube against LSU and tell me if his delivery is too slow.I would post it if I knew how.

actually im not one of the people who knocks woodson for his delivery. he played on an average team and had them playing close with the sec giants. he was a top ten pick half way through the season now hes early third. i'd take him at 68 before flacco at 34. my QB board 1-4 right now looks like

1. Brian Brohm

2. Matt Ryan(i dont want him on the falcons but if surrounded by enough weapons i think he will be a good qb in the nfl)

3. Chad Henne

4. Andre Woodson

the only thing is the first 3 are all picked before 34 most likely so we would have to trade up to get them

Farmer (4/12/2008)
I like it, having 4 2nds would be awesome, but I ask you this...

Why would KC trade up w/ us to get a QB?  If we're willing to trade w/ them, then they have to believe we don't want Matt Ryan.  And Oakland definitely isn't taking Ryan.  They would be smarter to stand pat and take Ryan.

yeah the chiefs will not move up, if we somehow take ryan or miami does, they will take the best o-linemen left. new york, new england, cincy, and new orleans might look to move up.

nick h (4/12/2008)
yeah the chiefs will not move up, if we somehow take ryan or miami does, they will take the best o-linemen left. new york, new england, cincy, and new orleans might look to move up.
Why would New York or New England want to trade up?  New York would get either McFadden or Gholston and New England has never been the type to trade up.  I could see Cincy trading up but only if Dorsey is there.

Draft Crazy (4/12/2008)
nick h (4/12/2008)
Why would New York or New England want to trade up?  New York would get either McFadden or Gholston and New England has never been the type to trade up.  I could see Cincy trading up but only if Dorsey is there.

new england could trade up and get gholston to not only get a 3-4 lb but also to keep the jets from getting him