Walk-on

UGA_DAWG46

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

Do you have a list of walk-on in the class of 08 yet? I hope we can get some talented players in.

Nope.. you know the kickers and a few guys were mentioned in the spring game, but no one outside of Georgia coaches as that compiled information. You could get to know a few by visiting boards or knowing guys, but you get the full list when Georgia has everyone dress out at a non sec home game. I think game 1 should provide a decent list.

SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

Do you have a list of walk-on in the class of 08 yet? I hope we can get some talented players in.

Nope.. you know the kickers and a few guys were mentioned in the spring game, but no one outside of Georgia coaches as that compiled information. You could get to know a few by visiting boards or knowing guys, but you get the full list when Georgia has everyone dress out at a non sec home game. I think game 1 should provide a decent list.

Tyler King from Buford is walking on with us right? I love this guy running ability. Nasty FB.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

Tyler King from Buford is walking on with us right? I love this guy running ability. Nasty FB.

Yes he is.. he is a heck of a fb and IMO will contribute in a few years.

SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

So whats the rule of a walk-on? Can CMR redshirt them?

If we redshirt him,  we will have an excellent FB.

A kid I really hope walk-in on to our program this year is Brandon Suthernland little brother.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

If we redshirt him, we will have an excellent FB.

A kid I really hope walk-in on to our program this year is Brandon Suthernland little brother.

not sure about the redshirt rule, but the rest of the rules apply such as transfer rules.

SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

not sure about the redshirt rule, but the rest of the rules apply such as transfer rules.

You got any info on the transfer from USC to us?

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Sac,

You got any info on the transfer from USC to us?

Yes it's Marquis Brown. he was a scout member for south carolina who transferred to uga. he will be a scout member for uga as well. Talented kid and will help prepare the team and may even get in on special teams.