There is a possible obstacle to Stafford's Heisman run: Thomas Brown is gone & Moreno is NOT a good pass blocker

halsey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCfalcons23 (4/17/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/16/2008)

Let's not even talk about the lazy label put in white coming in. How he has had problems with controlling his weight as well.

Sac we should really rename this forum to UGA sports forum

LOLOL..  what i said was true about white.  the big knock on him was being lazy.  when you show up for a workout out of shape and scouts don't like what they see and you hear people talk about him being lazy that's not made up stuff man..  he also had had a problem with his weight.. 

SacFalcFan (4/17/2008)

LOLOL.. what i said was true about white. the big knock on him was being lazy. when you show up for a workout out of shape and scouts don't like what they see and you hear people talk about him being lazy that's not made up stuff man.. he also had had a problem with his weight..

absolutely hear you but did he not rebound lovely in his soph campaign?

He had a phenomenal season w/ Tenn.. You can't deny that..

USCfalcons23 (4/17/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/16/2008)

Well then we have been watching espn at different times.. i have never heard them call usc that.. i have heard them call uga that before and i have heard them call usc the best team ever in the history of college football before they lost to texas, but haven't heard them get called rb u.. especially since they aren't.. they have very little to point to regarding rbs in the nfl to even be considered that. there are many more rbs from uga and even auburn than usc.

its a recent name given to us by ESPN.. Because we keep finding Stars at the college level..

Again way too early to tell on Reggie or even Lendale for that matter at the Pro Level

they name was actually given to you guys in the 60's and 70's and then dropped since no one else came through the pipeline until recently with bush and white.  Then they decided to use that again, but in the meantime teams like UGA have been given that title as well.  You guy have had a decade plus of nothing major coming out of usc while teams like georgia have been filling up the nfl with rbs.  regarding bush it is too early to tell.. he is what i have said from day 1 a nice in space runner who is a great receiver, but he won't run consistently between the tackles.  that's not his game.  get him in space.. 

white to me has got to show he is serious and keep the weight in control and get rid of that lazy label.  if he does he is a very talented back who can produce.

USCfalcons23 (4/17/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/17/2008)

LOLOL.. what i said was true about white. the big knock on him was being lazy. when you show up for a workout out of shape and scouts don't like what they see and you hear people talk about him being lazy that's not made up stuff man.. he also had had a problem with his weight..

absolutely hear you but did he not rebound lovely in his soph campaign?

He had a phenomenal season w/ Tenn.. You can't deny that..

not denying the talent he had and the potential he shows.. my only thing with him is 1 year is good, but can he keep himself motivated beyond that.  he has a lot to prove still, but it looks like he is turning it around..

SacFalcFan (4/17/2008)

they name was actually given to you guys in the 60's and 70's and then dropped since no one else came through the pipeline until recently with bush and white. Then they decided to use that again, but in the meantime teams like UGA have been given that title as well. You guy have had a decade plus of nothing major coming out of usc while teams like georgia have been filling up the nfl with rbs. regarding bush it is too early to tell.. he is what i have said from day 1 a nice in space runner who is a great receiver, but he won't run consistently between the tackles. that's not his game. get him in space..

white to me has got to show he is serious and keep the weight in control and get rid of that lazy label. if he does he is a very talented back who can produce.

gotcha..

I can't cap Reggie after only 1.5 yrs sorry man, I still think he can learn to run between the tackles.

as for the WR & space guy, 100% agree

Lendale has made huge strides in the last yr, he has a long way to go but he is the real deal & I truly believe that outside of the USC bias ;)

USCfalcons23 (4/17/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/17/2008)

they name was actually given to you guys in the 60's and 70's and then dropped since no one else came through the pipeline until recently with bush and white. Then they decided to use that again, but in the meantime teams like UGA have been given that title as well. You guy have had a decade plus of nothing major coming out of usc while teams like georgia have been filling up the nfl with rbs. regarding bush it is too early to tell.. he is what i have said from day 1 a nice in space runner who is a great receiver, but he won't run consistently between the tackles. that's not his game. get him in space..

white to me has got to show he is serious and keep the weight in control and get rid of that lazy label. if he does he is a very talented back who can produce.

gotcha..

I can't cap Reggie after only 1.5 yrs sorry man, I still think he can learn to run between the tackles.

as for the WR & space guy, 100% agree

Lendale has made huge strides in the last yr, he has a long way to go but he is the real deal & I truly believe that outside of the USC bias ;)

Reggie has to prove us wrong otherwise.  He has to prove as well he is durable.  He is a heck of a talent and awesome in the passing game. 

Regarding Lendale you are right he has made huge strides, but he has more to go.  Regarding being the real deal let's see what he does the next few years.

SacFalcFan (4/17/2008)

Reggie has to prove us wrong otherwise. He has to prove as well he is durable. He is a heck of a talent and awesome in the passing game.

Regarding Lendale you are right he has made huge strides, but he hasmore to go. Regarding being the real deal let's see what he does the next few years.

when is it appropriate to begin the trash talking with respect to the UGA/USC showdown in Miami??

:P

USCfalcons23 (4/17/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/17/2008)

Reggie has to prove us wrong otherwise. He has to prove as well he is durable. He is a heck of a talent and awesome in the passing game.

Regarding Lendale you are right he has made huge strides, but he hasmore to go. Regarding being the real deal let's see what he does the next few years.

when is it appropriate to begin the trash talking with respect to the UGA/USC showdown in Miami??

:P

UF will be be in Miami instead of UGA :D:P Seriously, if UF don't make it there, I'm pulling for the Dawgs.

Regarding LenDale White... I was totally stoked when the Titans selected him (I'm also a Titans fan, though the passion is nowhere near that for the Falcons).  I thought then and I still believe it now that White will be the better pro between him and Reggie.  He's a bulldozer.

It was very disappointing when everything started coming out about him being lazy and overweight, but he has showed much improvement.  I hope he gets his weight down, but from all accounts he seems pretty happy staying heavy... he talks about no one wanting to get in the way or get hit by him because it will hurt to take him down.

I just want his knees to survive more than 5 years.

USCfalcons23 (4/17/2008)
millejb (4/16/2008)

You realize Lendale just barely got over a thousand don't you, you also realize that out of last years thousand yard backs Lendale had the second worst YPC average (second only to the great Thomas Jones). And I think you need to get your facts straight EVERYBODY knows Darren played what he could of that game, or did he only have 9 carries because USC "dominated", second correction Arkansas did not nor have they ever one the SEC championship since the inception of the championship game in '92. Yes I said scrubbish just because "the best team" beat a Michigan team that slipped early does not make them the best team in the country, and to when a third title in four years don't you have to win a second title before you can win a third????? I don't know maybe you need to talk to LSU and their crystal ball, or maybe Texas. As far as the difference between Caddy/Ronnie/and Brandon vs. Reggie/Lendale

ROY-Caddy (hard to believe he won it while in the garage huh)

Last year on 100 less carries Brandon Jacobs only had 100 less yard than Lendale.

Ronnie Brown let us explore the difference between him and Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush

Ronnie Brown

Ronnie=Hammer - Reggie=Nail

BTW NFL was brought up because the title of RBU would imply some sort of NFL pedigree in recent history.

Fact is Auburn has that pedigree, Miami has that pedigree, **** the SEC has that pedigree, but USC does not.

Oh yeah as far as left overs are concerned tell Mitch I said hi.

so it only counts if your YPA is high??

my fault on Arkansas winning, FLorida won 38-28, however Arkansas was one of the top 2 teams in the SECCG & we destroyed them.

Mich slipped early???, Mich wasnt a big win for Oregon, Michigan was super overrated. Oregon clobbering them should have been expected. You talk cupcake conference & you use Mich as an example?????

Oregon was CLEARLY the best team in the nation last yr with the best QB in the nation before the injury.

now

Lendale White in his 2nd year 1110 yds

ROnnie Brown in his 2nd year 1008 yds

ROnnie Brown in his 3rd year 907 yds

understandably more attempts for White, but they are used much differently. Hence the lower YPA that you refered to earlier.

now Caddilac Williams -

2007 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 54

2006 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 225

2005 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1,178

do you see how the #s are going down??

He had a phenomenal rookie season, he has been hurt since.

now Brandon Jacobs

2005 NY Giants 99

2006 NY Giants 423

2007 NY Giants 1009

did a great job stepping in for Tiki.. but shouldnt we maybe give him more then 1 year to see if he is real or if he is Caddilac..

as for the youtube clips, we can do that all day long but that is a bit immature so ill restrain myself.

just so I'm clear Auburn & Miami build great Running Backs but USC doesnt?

you can actually talk to Mitch, he is on the bench because he didnt make the cut in the Pac 10.

Do you realize the importance of YPC, there are very few backs in the NFL that if given the ball 300 times could not get 1,000 yards VERY few, but congrats on Lendale being an average back in the NFL. Ronnie Browns numbers went down because he was injured by the seventh game of the season, before that he was averaging over 5 ypc. Both Ronnie and Lendale are power backs, the difference being that Lendale is fat and out of shape and Ronnie is not, not that one is a scat back and one is a power back. And Mitch is on the bench because of senoirity, Sanchez has a year on him, last I checked Moody isn't quite making the cut for Florida. I'm sorry that you are delusional enough to believe that the Pac-10 is a difficult confrence with such powerhouses as Wazzou, Washington, Arizona, Stanford... need I continue, fact is your RBU has produced three or four NFL backs in recent history (meaning now in the league), Auburn has put out ten and you can add another after this year in Brad Lester. When Caddy is healthy he is a BEAST and proved that his rookie season, when Lendale and Reggie are healthy they are average players. And yes you are clear because I will take Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, Rudi Johnson, or any of the Miami guys over Lendale, Reggie, or the highly touted Justin Fargas.

Also in regards to Ronnie you forgot to acknowledge in his stats that he was splitting time with Ricky his first two years.

Like I said you can think whatever you please but facts will be facts, and the SEC and the runningbacks it produces is far better than the Pac-10 and the backs it produces.

"Pac-10: We are... mediocrity"

BTW as my sig would suggest I'm an Auburn fan.

millejb (4/17/2008)

Do you realize the importance of YPC, there are very few backs in the NFL that if given the ball 300 times could not get 1,000 yards VERY few, but congrats on Lendale being an average back in the NFL. Ronnie Browns numbers went down because he was injured by the seventh game of the season, before that he was averaging over 5 ypc. Both Ronnie and Lendale are power backs, the difference being that Lendale is fat and out of shape and Ronnie is not, not that one is a scat back and one is a power back. And Mitch is on the bench because of senoirity, Sanchez has a year on him, last I checked Moody isn't quite making the cut for Florida. I'm sorry that you are delusional enough to believe that the Pac-10 is a difficult confrence with such powerhouses as Wazzou, Washington, Arizona, Stanford... need I continue, fact is your RBU has produced three or four NFL backs in recent history (meaning now in the league), Auburn has put out ten and you can add another after this year in Brad Lester. When Caddy is healthy he is a BEAST and proved that his rookie season, when Lendale and Reggie are healthy they are average players. And yes you are clear because I will take Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, Rudi Johnson, or any of the Miami guys over Lendale, Reggie, or the highly touted Justin Fargas.

Also in regards to Ronnie you forgot to acknowledge in his stats that he was splitting time with Ricky his first two years.

Like I said you can think whatever you please but facts will be facts, and the SEC and the runningbacks it produces is far better than the Pac-10 and the backs it produces.

"Pac-10: We are... mediocrity"

BTW as my sig would suggest I'm an Auburn fan.

and you have the right to have your own opinion, your obviously a starch SEC guy & thats cool but it is a bit difficult to debate with someone who only sees it one way.

I have said a million times I respect the **** out of the SEC. You guys produced one of the best QB's in the game right now.. Your conference is stacked every year. I just wish we could get a few more shots at you guys each year. WOuld have loved to have seen a UGA/USC or Oregon/LSU matchup last year.

to each his own..