There is a possible obstacle to Stafford's Heisman run: Thomas Brown is gone & Moreno is NOT a good pass blocker

halsey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that is not correct.. Moreno is not a bad pass blocking rb.. not even close.. Now caleb king is horrible right now in that area and he admits that. caleb is really working on it, but moreno is not bad pass blocking at all. richt himself said that the other rbs need to look at how moreno pass blocks and runs to learn what it takes to do it at this level.

I watch every game...usually, at least 5-6 times...And I've been IMPRESSED with Moreno's blocking abillity. He's a good blocker, no question, and he should do nothing but get better...he's got the size, athleticism, instincts..and most of all, the "want to" to be outstanding in protection.

mr pickle (4/11/2008)
I watch every game...usually, at least 5-6 times...And I've been IMPRESSED with Moreno's blocking abillity. He's a good blocker, no question, and he should do nothing but get better...he's got the size, athleticism, instincts..and most of all, the "want to" to be outstanding in protection.

same here. the one thing he does is put forth the effort in his blocking and has been impressive pass blocking.. after the troy game I talked to stafford and asked him what was soo special about moreno and he said it was the effort he put forth not just in running, but also in being solid in pass blocking. He didn't worry with moreno in the backfield with him. He is a very physical blocker.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
I seriously hope Caleb King learn how to pass block. How is Richard Samuel at pass blocking? I know he is very physical. DJax need to get stronger. He admitted himself.

Caleb said he was having a hard time in pass blocking, but remember it's just spring.. he will get a lot of work there and he must get better or he won't see the field. He has someone to learn from however in Moreno. That was one reason that richt said he would give moreno more reps so he could be an example of how guys need to pass block and showing the effort they need to have at this next level. Both Richard & Djax will either improve in their pass blocking or redshirt. They won't have guys in their who can't defend the passer. They have to be like moren and be physical blockers. Take on the guy.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
I'm a little surprise at Richard. From his game film, he looked so physical. He's young so he'll will improve. I can't wait to see what Carlton Thomas can do.

yeah, but you understand he just turned 17 years old. I really think 1 of the 3 rbs will play. If carlton comes in right away and shows he can help on special teams he will be the 3rd rb with daniels.

SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
I'm a little surprise at Richard. From his game film, he looked so physical. He's young so he'll will improve. I can't wait to see what Carlton Thomas can do.

yeah, but you understand he just turned 17 years old. I really think 1 of the 3 rbs will play. If carlton comes in right away and shows he can help on special teams he will be the 3rd rb with daniels.

Yup, didn't he turn 17 a week after he enroll? I love how Thomas ran the ball in the All-American game.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)

Yup, didn't he turn 17 a week after he enroll? I love how Thomas ran the ball in the All-American game.

yep and definately.. i was very impressed with thomas.. but he has been called a noel devine clone by crabtree among others who follow recruiting..

SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)

yep and definately.. i was very impressed with thomas.. but he has been called a noel devine clone by crabtree among others who follow recruiting..

I hope he is a Noel Devine clone. Not in the behavior way. He is really quick. A few of my friends was there and say Thomas is amazing with alot of quickest.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
SacFalcFan (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)

I hope he is a Noel Devine clone. Not in the behavior way. He is really quick. A few of my friends was there and say Thomas is amazing with alot of quickest.

Dude he has been called the biggest sleeper of UGA's class by crabtree.. When they compare him to noel devine (not just jeremy, but a number of others who follow recruiting) it just shows how talented he is and the upside he has..

mbrizzle (4/11/2008)
Being physical isnt Richard's problem in the blocking game, atleast not according to Richt. I gathered his problems are technical. Because in one of the spring PCs Richt was talking about how he like Richard's willingness to stick his head in there and hit the guys, when they were talking about blocking.

He is very physical (that's why many still think he ends up at linebacker), but as you said it's technique as well along with overall awareness of what he needs to do back there. He is only 17 and has a while before he plays.. i still think he is redshirted this season.