Keas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ucsbdirtybird (4/11/2008)
M4DR0X (4/11/2008)
100% dedication to football? Hes full of crap because if he was, he wouldn't of signed with the Braves.

Dennis Dixon signed with the Braves for one reason, well 150,000 reasons.  That just means the Bought his rights.  Happens a lot.  His first goal will be football.

I HEARD HE ALSO PLAYS BINGO..............BUT ONLY ON WED. NITES.

M4DR0X (4/11/2008)
100% dedication to football? Hes full of crap because if he was, he wouldn't of signed with the Braves.

:laugh:

He got drafted by the Braves.  It's not like he went out of his way to get involved.  He was drafted and played summer ball in the minors between the 2006 and 2007 college football season.  What happened when he came back from that?  He had an incredible season as a QB playing football.

He also specifically requested that the Braves include language in his contract that would allow him to pursue a football career should the opportunity present itself.  I'd say that pretty much clears up which direction he personally wants to go in.

zone3lb (4/11/2008)
how many times do the braves play the same times as the falcons. People around here have the dumbest reason not to want talented players. Brian Jordan and deion sanders never had a problem

Dude...Deion did have issues.  He had to be rushed from baseball games ina helacopter to football games on more than one occation.  Now, how can you be ready to but heads in the NFL if you are just leaving a slow A$$ baseball game?

Dixon is only comparable to Vick if you look at the color of his skin and the fact that he's a very athletic QB.

Dixon's skill as a passer far exceed anything Vick ever showed in that area.  Vick is faster... ****, Vick was faster than almost everyone... but then that was always his game, his ability to run. 

Dixon is a dual threat QB with sound mechanics, very good arm strength, very good accuracy, high character, noted intelligence, plus he's a motivating and enthusiastic leader on the field.  Not to say he's a perfect QB... he has plenty of room to improve, but so does every QB coming out of college.  He's just perfect for this team, in my opinion... and so is Josh Johnson.  If we don't take a QB early, I will be beyond happy if we take on of those guys in the 3rd or 4th.

M4DR0X (4/11/2008)
So what if he signed with the Braves? The man can't have a back up plan? Let that man make his money however it comes. If God blessed him with the ability to be good at more than one thing then more power to him. The guy is full of crap because he's good at 2 sports but he's only concentrating on 1? If he's full of anything its talent. Full of crap, please. 

M4DR0X (4/11/2008)
Either way, Dennis Dixon nor Josh Johnson will never be a falcon anyways, Dennis Dixon is a back up at best, same with Josh Johnson anyways.

Whats wrong with being a back up? Everybody can't start. He's probably better than any qb on this roster and two of them have been starters at some point.

djnowhere (4/11/2008)
Dixon looked really bad on the show. He looked stiff and unintelligent during the interview. He reminded me of Orlando Jones in Office space offering magazine subscriptions. It was bad.
How do you look unintelligent? He was dressed decent and may have been a little camera shy but to say he looked unintelligent is ridiculous. 

bamabirdsince99 (4/12/2008)
djnowhere (4/11/2008)
Dixon looked really bad on the show. He looked stiff and unintelligent during the interview. He reminded me of Orlando Jones in Office space offering magazine subscriptions. It was bad.
How do you look unintelligent? He was dressed decent and may have been a little camera shy but to say he looked unintelligent is ridiculous. 

It is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, wasn't Dixon an A student in college? He hade a 3.6 GPA or something close to that. In fact, I remember him being praised for his athletic AND his academic prowess during one of his games. I guess it depends on your definition of what looks unintelligent.:hehe:

hawkman (4/12/2008)
It is ridiculous. If I remember correctly, wasn't Dixon an A student in college? He hade a 3.6 GPA or something close to that. In fact, I remember him being praised for his athletic AND his academic prowess during one of his games. I guess it depends on your definition of what looks unintelligent.:hehe:

Dixon was named the 2007 Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year and was a finalist for the Draddy, which is basically college football's academic equivalent to the Heisman.  He was also one of three finalists for the Maxwell and Davey O'Brien National QB awards.

His team-first mentality is unquestionable.  When he went out with the torn ACL, he continued to be a leader on the sidelines mentoring the younger QBs attempting to fill his shoes.

He's also the most accurate QB in Oregon history.

M4DR0X (4/11/2008)

If you would have blown your knee out, wouldn't you have a back up plan?  IF you look at the money that you can make in baseball, which is much better than in football.  You would have signed too.  Especially when the sport is less injury proned.

hawkman (4/12/2008)

Some players are pre-judged. Sad reality.

Carter (4/11/2008)
He got drafted by the Braves. It's not like he went out of his way to get involved. He was drafted and played summer ball in the minors between the 2006 and 2007 college football season. What happened when he came back from that? He had an incredible season as a QB playing football.

He also specifically requested that the Braves include language in his contract that would allow him to pursue a football career should the opportunity present itself. I'd say that pretty much clears up which direction he personally wants to go in.

we cleared this up 4 months ago but haters have run out of new stuff so its re run season