WITH THE 3 DAY MINICAMP COULD THIS MEAN WERE GOING TO PASS ON RYAN

Nick

With the 3 day minicamp going on Smitty and TD are going over final roster previews of everyone especially qb. If Redamn is already slated as the starter for next year does this mean matt ryan wont go #3 to us. I have my own radio show and I did a mock draft and I had dorsey going to us at #3 and ryan going to kansas city. Plus realize we didnt work out ryan.

GO FALCONS

From listening to Smith and TD they want big nasty players ie lineman to tell you the truth i dnot think were going to draft a qb if we do i like josh johnson because were a running team now and a running qb is needed plus we got vick remember blank hasnt ruled him out yet. i think we draft dorsey first round and go after sam baker and a cb in the 2nd round and a tight end plus jake long tlking contract with miami smokescreen at this time last year oakland was tlking contracts with brady quinn

Nick (4/11/2008)
With the 3 day minicamp going on Smitty and TD are going over final roster previews of everyone especially qb. If Redamn is already slated as the starter for next year does this mean matt ryan wont go #3 to us. I have my own radio show and I did a mock draft and I had dorsey going to us at #3 and ryan going to kansas city. Plus realize we didnt work out ryan.

GO FALCONS

we didnt workout Ryan? so this isnt true?

Monday, April 7, 2008

Cause for a pause: Ryan forcing Falcons to figure

Boston Globe

High-ranking members of the Atlanta Falcons organization visited Boston College over the weekend to put quarterback Matt Ryan through a private workout. The Falcons pick third in the draft, and they'll strongly consider Ryan.

"He's an outstanding player who comes as advertised," said first-year coach Mike Smith .

The Falcons certainly have a need at quarterback, with Chris Redman projected as the starter and Joey Harrington the backup.

Yet what Smith and first-year general manager Thomas Dimitroff must weigh is whether it's smarter business to fill other needs first -- left tackle, defensive tackle, and cornerback -- before inviting all the issues and expectations that come with selecting a quarterback that high, especially their first "franchise" quarterback since Michael Vick .

I hate matt ryan he has 1 good game against v tech and hes the best qb brohm i can live with i can live with josh johnson. people like mel kiper picks people to go places by their rating. i hope that we dont take a qb in the first 2 rounds build the o and d lines and the secondary. we can wait another season for vick to come back an inside source told me hes coming back

Nick (4/11/2008)

GO FALCONS

I'm not real sure what you are asking :blink:, but a 3 day minicamp has nothing to do with Atlanta drafting Ryan. This is usually the time teams have minicamp for the vets.

hawkeyes (4/11/2008)
Dont under estimate Shockley because the starting postion will have to be one this year in training camp and Shockley fits this running and playaction offense.

DJ has an uphill battle and I'm honestly not expecting anyone other than Chris Redman to be our starter for most or all of this season unless he gets hurt.

Nick (4/11/2008)

GO FALCONS

we may have not worked out ryan, but i know we did meet with him and we did go to his pro day. even if they do think redman is the long term starter i dont think that would stop them from drafting ryan. i still think dorsey is still top on our list though and the only way we'll probably take ryan is if dorsey and j.long are gone.

o-line  ,o-line, before we think about qbs we need a better o-line i dont care what yall think forney,wiener,blayloc are good we just need a good center hope alex will do and a good left tackle hope hope hope jake long is still at three if not grap dorsey and get a lt with a later pick

david hunt (4/11/2008)
o-line ,o-line, before we think about qbs we need a better o-line i dont care what yall think forney,wiener,blayloc are good we just need a good center hope alex will do and a good left tackle hope hope hope jake long is still at three if not grap dorsey and get a lt with a later pick

11 picks in the draft. 6 in the first 3 rounds. we will address the oline dont worry. and even if it is not completely fixed after this draft we will always have next year's FA and draft to add the finishing touches.

bossFALCON (4/11/2008)
Nick (4/11/2008)

GO FALCONS

we may have not worked out ryan, but i know we did meet with him and we did go to his pro day. even if they do think redman is the long term starter i dont think that would stop them from drafting ryan. i still think dorsey is still top on our list though and the only way we'll probably take ryan is if dorsey and j.long are gone.

I think we are going one of the three Long, Long, or Dorsey, then going QB later with someone like Flacco or Brohm in the 2nd.