Trading back up into the first round is stupid and here's why.

it completely nullifies ANY value you could have gotten. basically you give up the farm for 1 player. ********. mckay was a master at this. look at the guys he traded back into the first round for. horrible idea, i'm tired of seeing it.

get a clue, we need as much value as we can get, this team is f'd in the A.

Bartkowski (Ensign Ricky) (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Trading back into the first round for the Browns was really dumb? Getting Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn for them was a big mistake.

Well Joe Thomas turned out to be ok so far but the verdict on Quinn may take a few years to know for sure.

I'm not sure if ok what I would use to describe him. He had an amazing rookie year and if he does it again he will establish himself as one of the top LT's if he hasn't already. Who was the last rookie LT to make the pro bowl?

grendel (4/11/2008)
The Best Falcon Fan Ever!!! (4/11/2008)
it completely nullifies ANY value you could have gotten. basically you give up the farm for 1 player. ********. mckay was a master at this. look at the guys he traded back into the first round for. horrible idea, i'm tired of seeing it.

Value is getting a player later than they should have gone... You can get that value any time after the #1 pick.

no.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Trading back into the first round for the Browns was really dumb? Getting Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn for them was a big  mistake.
pretty much a wasted pick, brady quinn isn't the starter, he surely isn't waranting his first round status. he got beat out by a career back up. what was your point again?

Yeah...lets trade back as far as we can and only have every pick in the 3rd round....there are a lot of great players there.....why should anyone even pick in the first round.....

There is an inherent risk in any pick the team makes....I would rather get 4 solid starters out of this draft by moving up if needed than selecting 6-8 career backups.

Monsta (4/11/2008)
Yeah...lets trade back as far as we can and only have every pick in the 3rd round....there are a lot of great players there.....why should anyone even pick in the first round.....

There is an inherent risk in any pick the team makes....I would rather get 4 solid starters out of this draft by moving up if needed than selecting 6-8 career backups.

boley!!! first round picks are sexy, but you're not going to build a great team that way.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)
Trading back into the first round for the Browns was really dumb? Getting Joe Thomas and Brady Quinn for them was a big  mistake.
pretty much a wasted pick, brady quinn isn't the starter, he surely isn't waranting his first round status. he got beat out by a career back up. what was your point again?

We can trade back into the first to get Kenny Phillip or Branden Albert. If the guy we seriously need is there, I won't mind us trading back into the first to get him.

Now this is some flawed logic right here. If lets say Brian Brohm is sitting there in the 20's range of the first round and all it takes is one 2nd and one 3rd round pick to move up and snatch him away from someone else, then you take him. If he is a target for the Falcons like I suspect he is, then you move up and get your player especially in a critical position like QB. Settling for a player when you can get the player you want is just plain ignorant. Getting the right players for your system is paramount to success, and sometimes that takes a GM making bold moves and not being a pus and sitting on his hands.

rydolph (4/11/2008)

Now this is some flawed logic right here. If lets say Brian Brohm is sitting there in the 20's range of the first round and all it takes is one 2nd and one 3rd round pick to move up and snatch him away from someone else, then you take him. If he is a target for the Falcons like I suspect he is, then you move up and get your player especially in a critical position like QB. Settling for a player when you can get the player you want is just plain ignorant. Getting the right players for your system is paramount to success, and sometimes that takes a GM making bold moves and not being a pus and sitting on his hands.

Exactly. Why settle, for the most part, for lesser talent at critical positions.

UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)

A Career Backup?  Are you kidding me?  Do you even follow football?  Anderson was in the league for 2 years before he started.  How the F is that a "career backup?"  I think it's pretty impressive for a guy drafted in the 6th rd to become a starter and Probowl player in his 3rd year in the league and only 1st as the starter.

Maybe learn some facts before you make assinine statements.

IrishDart24 (4/11/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (4/11/2008)

A Career Backup?  Are you kidding me?  Do you even follow football?  Anderson was in the league for 2 years before he started.  How the F is that a "career backup?"  I think it's pretty impressive for a guy drafted in the 6th rd to become a starter and Probowl player in his 3rd year in the league and only 1st as the starter.

Maybe learn some facts before you make assinine statements.

Anderson was drafted in the 6th round? Is there a trend of success at Qb in the sixth round now?