Justin Blalock

SaintsH8

I think he did solid last year, was maybe our best offensive lineman too. I think he is going to turn into a stud, he had a very rude awakening to the NFL.

Week 1: Pat & Kevin Williams

Week 2: John Henderson & Marcus Stroud

Week 3: Kris Jenkins (How can anybody block him, he blows stuff up before the balls is even snapped)

Week 4: Amobi Okoye - He was on fire early in the season

Week 5: Albert Haynesworth

Talk about getting thrown into the fire.....

iDash (4/11/2008)
He is stronger than Jake Long with betterFeet,

he did well for a Rookie

Yeah, he really didn't do very well, but then, rookies don't usually start on OL, and he started all 16 games.... so I expect a really good Sophomore season.

rugger8 (4/11/2008)
iDash (4/11/2008)
He is stronger than Jake Long with betterFeet,

he did well for a Rookie

Yeah, he really didn't do very well, but then, rookies don't usually start on OL, and he started all 16 games.... so I expect a really good Sophomore season.

Didn't he make the all rookie team?

I was very unimpressed with him last season.  He was my favorite of our draft picks, and I had high expectations for him.  I think he needs to work mightily on his technique.  It looks like he may have gotten by on strength alone in college.

I do think he will improve, and will turn into a good OG for the future.

some of you guys have short memories

he did not start all 16 games last year becuase he was benched for at least one game because the coaches said he had hit the rookie wall and was tired

there were games he was overmatched

but, he showed potential - all you can say from last year is that Blalock has the ability to be very good, but he was not very good last year - I am optimistic he will be good and I hope we draft a LT we can pair up with him for the next seven plus years