Go BPA and take Chris Long

rexfalcon

FalconMama (4/11/2008)
I wouldnt be opposed to drafting Chris Long despite having Jamaal Anderson. I know you cant call the kid a bust but I bet the Falcons FO **** sure wish they could give him the 3 years yall are giving him to come around to pay him.
Well, they have no choice but to do so.

And drafting Long would say he's a bust after 1 year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew Pritts (4/11/2008)
Scott24Falcons (4/11/2008)
Chris Long would be a wasted pick.

And you would also be saying Anderson is a bust after one year, which is intelectually irresponsible and ignorant, but I expect nothing less from Atlanta fans.

And you're the head of that group.

the fact you want to draft C.Long is YOU confirming that Anderson is a bust after one year.
You've clearly ignored all of the posts I've madeon how Chris Long would be utilized. He wouldn't be forcing anyone to the bench, and he wouldn't be sitting on the bench himself.I must've forgotten the partwhere Abe drank from the fountain of youth. I'm going toonce again post how Chris Long would be used. Rather than giving me your typical "still not buying," simply say it toyourself, because I'm tired of hearing it.

On rush downs:Clearly, Abe's weakness is against the run.Chris Long happens to be an outstanding run-stuffer. Long takes Abe's spot, giving us two good run-stopping DEs, in Jamaal andChris.

On passing downs: Chris Long lines up at UT.We now have Abe, Jamaal, and Chris Long all rushing the passer. I fully expect Jamaal to improve in this regard, giving us 3 potent weapons all going after the QB.

Whever: Chris Long plays OLB. He's a terrific athlete with a non-stop motor.At his pro-day teams tested him out at LB. I read one quote from a former scout that said something along the lines of "it looked like he had been playing the position hiswhole life."

You've clearly focused solely on the "DE" part ofLong's label. His versatility is what makes him so unique, andwhat ultimately will probably make himeither the 1st or 2nd overall pick, making this discussion a moot one.

Chris Long would playevery single play. It's not a"luxury" pick.

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

Nice try though. It'd still be a wasted pick.

Hey, I've always wanted to know first-hand, is retardation a choice?

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

And you would also be saying Anderson is a bust after one year, which is intelectually irresponsible and ignorant, but I expect nothing less from Atlanta fans.

the fact you want to draft C.Long is YOU confirming that Anderson is a bust after one year.
You've clearly ignored all of the posts I've madeon how Chris Long would be utilized. He wouldn't be forcing anyone to the bench, and he wouldn't be sitting on the bench himself.I must've forgotten the partwhere Abe drank from the fountain of youth. I'm going toonce again post how Chris Long would be used. Rather than giving me your typical "still not buying," simply say it toyourself, because I'm tired of hearing it.

On rush downs:Clearly, Abe's weakness is against the run.Chris Long happens to be an outstanding run-stuffer. Long takes Abe's spot, giving us two good run-stopping DEs, in Jamaal andChris.

On passing downs: Chris Long lines up at UT.We now have Abe, Jamaal, and Chris Long all rushing the passer. I fully expect Jamaal to improve in this regard, giving us 3 potent weapons all going after the QB.

Whever: Chris Long plays OLB. He's a terrific athlete with a non-stop motor.At his pro-day teams tested him out at LB. I read one quote from a former scout that said something along the lines of "it looked like he had been playing the position hiswhole life."

You've clearly focused solely on the "DE" part ofLong's label. His versatility is what makes him so unique, andwhat ultimately will probably make himeither the 1st or 2nd overall pick, making this discussion a moot one.

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

I'm not ********, but I'm sure as **** stubborn as a mule.

It's one of my greatest traits. :D

"Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

Nice try though. It'd still be a wasted pick"

- Another brilliant post by you.  If anything, Chris Long projects better to a 4-3 defense than the 3-4.

We'll certantly see.

Now I know how people felt when they tried to reason w/my grandma. YOu think I'm stubborn, she takes the cake.

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

So do you spend your days pent up in a small house watching people and calling the police whenever someone's dog takes a leak on your grass?

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

So do you spend your days pent up in a small house watching people and calling the police whenever someone's dog takes a leak on your grass?

**** no.

I'm stubborn, but I'm not a paranoid idiot.

You're not going to quote how much money we have tied up in the DE position?

I think I've mentioned that in another thread.  That's why I'd rather go with DT or LT.  They better fit what we need.  Those are our 'need' picks at the #3 pick.

If we take Gholston or Long then we will have a lot of money in the DE position but it would mostly be real money.

It wouldn't be a good idea but it wouldn't be as bad as having a lot of money tied up in the QB position.  Mainly because you could have all of our big money DEs on the field at the same time.... it would probably only be in special pass rush packages... and it's been done before.

You can only have 1 QB on the field.

Again,  I'd rather have a DT or LT with the #3 pick but I wouldn't have a problem with another Patrick Kerney...

grendel (4/11/2008)
"Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

Nice try though. It'd still be a wasted pick"

- Another brilliant post by you. If anything, Chris Long projects better to a 4-3 defense than the 3-4.

We'll certantly see.

Now I know how people felt when they tried to reason w/my grandma. YOu think I'm stubborn, she takes the cake.

Does she just shoot you before you have a chance to talk or something?

:laugh:

Actually I called her a couple of nights ago b/c it was her 76th b-day, and we talked for about 25 minutes. We hadn't talked since XMas.

I was always her favorite grandchild; I wonder why.  :laugh:

FalconMama (4/11/2008)
Well the FO better get on their knees and pray that Jamaal is able to pull a rabbit out of his ##### and show some production or we might be drafting his replacement sooner than we all think.
Patience my pets.

Let a D-line coach that actually knows waht he's doing in Hamilton get a hold of him and then we'll see where we're at.

The D-line coach that was here w/Petrino was a college coach and didn't know how to teach Anderson to imporve on his skills in order to translate them to this level. Hamilton does.

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

**** no.

I'm stubborn, but I'm not a paranoididiot.

Not only do I refuse to believe this, but I will continue to believe as I do for the rest of the days no matter what proof is given to show otherwise.

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

**** no.

Not only do I refuse to believe this, but I will continue to believe as I do for the rest of the days no matter what proof is given to show otherwise.

Have it your way.

But you don't know me from Adam.

grendel (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

**** no.

Have it your way.

But you don't know me from Adam.

I think that was a joke... :w00t:

Coming from him, I don't think it was.

statzondeck (4/11/2008)
BPA = McFadden.
Keep dreaming.

McFadden will be the BPA at #3. Does that mean we should draft him? No. You only draft BPA available when you have no major holes and we have major holes on both sides of the ball. DE is not as big as hole as others. Draft BPA and we will end up like the Hawks. A lot of talent but everybody play the same position. Instead of drafting the center or point guard they need, they want to draft the 6'8 Forward.

GEORGIAfan (4/11/2008)
man IM THE BPA here!!!

Best POSTER ALIVE!!!!:cool:

:P sorry i had to take the title.

:laugh: We love ya, Georgia fan!

lmao sorry i tought of it, so i had to take the title for myself, but it really goes out to SacFalcFan. 100,000+ posts makes him the best.

Let a D-line coach that actually knows what he's doing in Hamilton get a hold of him and then we'll see where we're at.

The D-line coach that was here w/Petrino was a college coach and didn't know how to teach Anderson to imporve on his skills in order to translate them to this level. Hamilton does.

My man has a very good point.  Let's see what happens when Anderson is coached by a real NFL defensive line coach.

And if we manage to put a good DT next to him.... Anderson could turn into a monster.... It happened with Kerney when we got Coleman....

Now Kerney was a more proven player but when Rod lined up next to him.... Kerney AND Brady Smith started playing on a whole other level...

If we get the right DT our defense could change overnight.... obviously thats a BIG if.

statzondeck (4/11/2008)
statzondeck (4/11/2008)
BPA = McFadden.
Keep dreaming.

McFadden will be the BPA at #3. Does that mean we should draft him? No. You only draft BPA available when you have no major holes and we have major holes on both sides of the ball. DE is not as big as hole as others. Draft BPA and we will end up like the Hawks. A lot of talent but everybody play the same position. Instead of drafting the center or point guard they need, they want to draft the 6'8 Forward.

Thanks for the clarification and I agree w/you 100%.