Go BPA and take Chris Long

rexfalcon

TD has not ties to Jamal Anderson or John Abrahams. If he feels that Chris Long is the number one player in the draft, then you take him at three. He is by far the safest player in the draft. Great college productions and great bloodline. Falcons are fortunate to have multiple draft picks to address need later.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

rexfalcon (4/11/2008)
TD has not ties to Jamal Anderson or John Abrahams. If he feels that Chris Long is the number one player in the draft, then you take him at three. He is by far the safest player in the draft. Great college productions and great bloodline. Falcons are fortunate to have multiple draft picks to address need later.

for the 2009 or 2010 draft, name a DT that would be up to the Level of a Dorsey?

rexfalcon (4/11/2008)
You do not need a pass rushing DT in Mike SMith's defense. Neither Marcus Stroud or John Henderson were known as pass rushers. The falcons can draft Dre Moore and Pat Sims in later rounds to give them big run stuffing defensive lineman.

Rob Meier was retained while Stroud was not.

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)
Matthew Pritts (4/11/2008)
Chris Long would be a wasted pick.

And you would also be saying Anderson is a bust after one year, which is intelectually irresponsible and ignorant, but I expect nothing less from Atlanta fans.

Did you eat much glue as a child?

Nope, I was the smart kid in class and pretty much a nerd all through elementary school.

Truth hurts.

Serge Storms (4/11/2008)

And you would also be saying Anderson is a bust after one year, which is intelectually irresponsible and ignorant, but I expect nothing less from Atlanta fans.

Did you eat much glue as a child?

Nope, I was the smart kid in class and pretty much a nerd all through elementary school.

Truth hurts.

So you quit while you were still ahead, I see.

rexfalcon (4/11/2008)
You do not need a pass rushing DT in Mike SMith's defense. Neither Marcus Stroud or John Henderson were known as pass rushers. The falcons can draft Dre Moore and Pat Sims in later rounds to give them big run stuffing defensive lineman.

I assume that you're saying Dorsey is a pass rushing DT... what gives you that impression?

I wouldn't have a problem with Chris Long as long as Dorsey and Jake Long are off the board.

Scott24Falcons (4/11/2008)

And you're the head of that group.

yo scotts you check it out yet??

GEORGIAfan (4/11/2008)

Yeah, I haven't registered yet, but it looks good.  I'm about to go register now.

GEORGIAfan (4/11/2008)

Yeah, I haven't registered yet, but it looks good. I'm about to go register now.

good bro. Blood and Boss are over there.

No I'm not. I'm just the leader of the crusade against it, and it starts on this MB b/c there's a lot of it here.

And do you knot know how much money we have tied up in the DE position? You can live in fantasy land all day but I prefer to live in reality and the fact you want to draft C.Long is YOU confirming that Anderson is a bust after one year. That is irresponsible and shows a lack of basic football knowledge.

It'd be a wasted pick. No one anyhting can say will make me think differently.

grendel (4/11/2008)

No I'm not. I'm just the leader of the crusade against it, and it starts on this MB b/c there's a lot of it here.

And do you knot know how much money we have tied up in the DE position? You can live in fantasy land all day but I prefer to live in reality and the fact you want to draft C.Long is YOU confirming that Anderson is a bust after one year. That is irresponsible and shows a lack of basic football knowledge.

Who has more money tied up in the DE position, us or the NYG?

Good question.

Scott24 would probably know since he's so adamant we draft him. ;)

You're not using that fifth grade education very well. Drafting Chris Long and stating Jamaal Anderson is a bust after only one year is not a cause and effect relationship, Long would start on the interior after playing 3-4 defensive end in college and would move outside if Abe gets hurt or Anderson remains unable to make an impact against the pass.

the fact you want to draft C.Long is YOU confirming that Anderson is a bust after one year.
You've clearly ignored all of the posts I've made on how Chris Long would be utilized.  He wouldn't be forcing anyone to the bench, and he wouldn't be sitting on the bench himself. I must've forgotten the part where Abe drank from the fountain of youth.  I'm going to once again post how Chris Long would be used.  Rather than giving me your typical "still not buying," simply say it to yourself, because I'm tired of hearing it.

On rush downs: Clearly, Abe's weakness is against the run. Chris Long happens to be an outstanding run-stuffer.  Long takes Abe's spot, giving us two good run-stopping DEs, in Jamaal and Chris.

On passing downs:  Chris Long lines up at UT. We now have Abe, Jamaal, and Chris Long all rushing the passer.  I fully expect Jamaal to improve in this regard, giving us 3 potent weapons all going after the QB.

Whever:  Chris Long plays OLB.  He's a terrific athlete with a non-stop motor. At his pro-day teams tested him out at LB.  I read one quote from a former scout that said something along the lines of "it looked like he had been playing the position his whole life."

You've clearly focused solely on the "DE" part of Long's label.  His versatility is what makes him so unique, and what ultimately will probably make him either the 1st or 2nd overall pick, making this discussion a moot one.

Chris Long would play every single play.  It's not a "luxury" pick. 

That is irresponsible and shows a lack of basic football knowledge.

the fact you want to draft C.Long is YOU confirming that Anderson is a bust after one year.
You've clearly ignored all of the posts I've made on how Chris Long would be utilized.  He wouldn't be forcing anyone to the bench, and he wouldn't be sitting on the bench himself. I must've forgotten the part where Abe drank from the fountain of youth.  I'm going to once again post how Chris Long would be used.  Rather than giving me your typical "still not buying," simply say it to yourself, because I'm tired of hearing it.

On rush downs: Clearly, Abe's weakness is against the run. Chris Long happens to be an outstanding run-stuffer.  Long takes Abe's spot, giving us two good run-stopping DEs, in Jamaal and Chris.

On passing downs:  Chris Long lines up at UT. We now have Abe, Jamaal, and Chris Long all rushing the passer.  I fully expect Jamaal to improve in this regard, giving us 3 potent weapons all going after the QB.

Whever:  Chris Long plays OLB.  He's a terrific athlete with a non-stop motor. At his pro-day teams tested him out at LB.  I read one quote from a former scout that said something along the lines of "it looked like he had been playing the position his whole life."

You've clearly focused solely on the "DE" part of Long's label.  His versatility is what makes him so unique, and what ultimately will probably make him either the 1st or 2nd overall pick, making this discussion a moot one.

Chris Long would play every single play.  It's not a "luxury" pick.

Long is a 3-4 DE/OLB.

We run a 4-3.

Nice try though. It'd still be a wasted pick.