Aqib Talib

I think he'd be a good pickup in the second round, assuming that he has grown up enough to stay away from drugs. He brings some versatility as a potential 2-way player, and even has the skills to do some damage as a returner. Although he doesn't have elite speed and has terrible footwork, he could develop into a very good corner with the right coaching...

grendel (4/11/2008)
falconblood (4/11/2008)
If the Long's go one and two, we should grab Dorsey, IMO. If Talib were to slip to the second round would you guys be upset if we grabbed him, and then a lineman and a QB? I think he could be a great player in this league.

Yes, I would be pissed. He failed 3 drug tests in college for Marijuana... He's either ******** or doesn't care about football.

so...u act like you dont or didnt smoke in college..he is young, young people make mistakes in college. ohh im sorry, i 4got i was talkin to a falcon fan who believes if someone messes up at a young age, they will continue to do the same thing forever...typical.

grendel (4/11/2008)
falconblood (4/11/2008)
If the Long's go one and two, we should grab Dorsey, IMO. If Talib were to slip to the second round would you guys be upset if we grabbed him, and then a lineman and a QB? I think he could be a great player in this league.

Yes, I would be pissed. He failed 3 drug tests in college for Marijuana... He's either ******** or doesn't care about football.

If thats true we should pass.

so...u act like you dont or didnt smoke in college..he is young, young people make mistakes in college. ohh im sorry, i 4got i was talkin to a falcon fan who believes if someone messes up at a young age, they will continue to do the same thing forever...typical.

so if we drafted Talib and then he failed mutliple drug tests and got suspended for 4 games, would you be shocked and surprised??

grendel (4/11/2008)
da snowman (4/11/2008)
grendel (4/11/2008)
falconblood (4/11/2008)

I wasn't on a football scholarship. I wasn't in a 3-4 year job interview for a job that pays MILLIONS of $$$... Also, if you get in trouble for it the 1st time and people explain this to you and you learn from it and don't get in trouble again, then ok, you were young... If you get busted for it THREE TIMES? Yeah, you're an idiot who decided that smoking pot was more important to you than playing football in the NFL and making big money.

so the fact that he admitted to smoking and failing the test still makes him an idiot??calvin johnson admitted last year that he smoked, i didnt hear lions fans crying over that..but just like i said, typical falcons fans.

Johnson admitted smoking MJ in a supposed confidential draft interview.  (Not sure how many times - could have been once as an experiment).  He did not admit failing multiple drug tests that were administered by his team.  In fact I am not aware CJ ever failed a drug test.  Big difference.

Failing multiple tests indicates he either doesn't care and smokes anyway - or he lacks willpower to say no if he's around MJ (and he's too dumb to avoid places/people that will have MJ.)  Either way with a history of failed drug screens it is reasonably forseeable he could use again.

Now someone said Talib failed tests 2 years ago and he has learned and been clean since then.  If that is true he gets a little more benefit of the doubt, but I'd want a contract that would forfeit and repay bonus money etc if he gets a suspension. 

da snowman (4/11/2008)
snicker (4/11/2008)
failing 3 drug tests means you just don't care

no, it just means your young and dumb...people mature and grow up you know..no one in the nfl was not a saint in college.

you think his days of being young and dumb are far behind him?  it's not like it was years ago when this happened.  I don't want a Chris Henry on this team

snicker (4/11/2008)
da snowman (4/11/2008)
snicker (4/11/2008)

no, it just means your young and dumb...people mature and grow up you know..no one in the nfl was not a saint in college.

you think his days of being young and dumb are far behind him?  it's not like it was years ago when this happened.  I don't want a Chris Henry on this team

and tell me how old talib is again??

grendel (4/11/2008)
da snowman (4/11/2008)
snicker (4/11/2008)

Why do you defend anyone and everyone who exhibits stupid and bad behavior? Doesn't anyone deserve to take responsibility for their actions?

because yall are so quick to judge someone so quick...a couple of months ago when everyone was talkin about drafting mcfadden before we got turner, people were like, he has 3 kids already and he is not married..he doesnt have good character..blah blah blah..yall just dont know how stupid yall sound jus cauze someone has kids, he shouldnt be drafted high, and he supposedly had character issues..it seems like character is the most important thing to some of yall now, no matter how sorry the player performs on the field, yall would rather have them then a bad character person with lots of talent..