Pat Kirwan on the Falcons

red2play

Eric Obraiden (4/12/2008)
Chad Henne:

Appalachian State L 34-32 19 37 233 51.4 46 1 1

Versus Appalachian State.

Brian Brohm:

11/17 @South Florida L 55-17 18 37 213 48.6 59 1 3 89.71 3 1 0.3 4 0

How bout that game, Grendel? You are quick to point out the failings of Ryan, how bout your boy's awesome performance against the mighty South Florida team.? 48.6 % rating and 3 INTs

The point is all QBs have rough games. To point out Ryan's game versus FSU or Ryans vs. South Florida or Henne's vs App State is hilarious and stupid.

BTW of the 3 QBs posted who's team finished higher ranked?

YOu don't get it. If Ryan has a bad game, its significant. IF their favorite does, its meaningless.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

67camaro (4/11/2008)
red2play (4/11/2008)
3: Atlanta Falcons| Matt Ryan | QB | Boston College

Atlanta finally came to their senses and took the right player to rebuild the Falcons franchise. Many of the quarterback coaches I talked to feel he has the intangibles of Brett Favre and Joe Montana. Nine fourth-quarter comebacks is proof of what this guy is all about. One of my friends (who's in the college coaching ranks) is one of the victims of those comebacks and said them to me he had the presence of Jim Kelly on the field with two minutes to play. Questions about his arm strength were answered at the proday in front of all the coaches and personnel people. He's mechanically more sound than any other quarterback bar none and this is a great pick for Arthur Blank. He can play big in big games which is paramount in this field of play.

Pile of poo. Pat Kirwan knows NOTHING of football.

Ryan=Brett Favre, Joe Montana,and Jim Kelly, and Pet Kirwan thinks he is going #3???? HECK 8 teams would be trying to trade up to #1 to draft him if he was all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

If Matt Ryan is sooooooooooooo great, then why wouldn't Parcells and the Dolphins want to snatch him up? Obviously they're not that hot on him so why should we be hot @ #3? I'll pass and beef up the middle with some linemen.

I think Pat Kirwan is full of crap. He obviously doesn't do much homework on Mike Smith.

terryowens_ (4/13/2008)
67camaro (4/11/2008)
red2play (4/11/2008)
3: Atlanta Falcons| Matt Ryan | QB | Boston College

Atlanta finally came to their senses and took the right player to rebuild the Falcons franchise. Many of the quarterback coaches I talked to feel he has the intangibles of Brett Favre and Joe Montana. Nine fourth-quarter comebacks is proof of what this guy is all about. One of my friends (who's in the college coaching ranks) is one of the victims of those comebacks and said them to me he had the presence of Jim Kelly on the field with two minutes to play. Questions about his arm strength were answered at the proday in front of all the coaches and personnel people. He's mechanically more sound than any other quarterback bar none and this is a great pick for Arthur Blank. He can play big in big games which is paramount in this field of play.

Pile of poo. Pat Kirwan knows NOTHING of football.

Ryan=Brett Favre, Joe Montana,and Jim Kelly, and Pet Kirwan thinks he is going #3???? HECK 8 teams would be trying to trade up to #1 to draft him if he was all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

If Matt Ryan is sooooooooooooo great, then why wouldn't Parcells and the Dolphins want to snatch him up? Obviously they're not that hot on him so why should we be hot @ #3? I'll pass and beef up the middle with some linemen.

I think Pat Kirwan is full of crap. He obviously doesn't do much homework on Mike Smith.

This isn't much and argument for not drafting him. Look where Marino and Brady were drafted to name a couple off the top of my head. Favre is another. There are plenty of factors in why teams might or might not draft a player, and performance or potential don't always have much to do with it...