This draft sucks...

phocis850

I am excited to know that we have sooooo many picks this year, but we all believed that we were lucky to get the #3 pick. I think it may be a hidden curse. We may be stuck having to pay a player too much in guaranteed money. Honestly, which ROOKIE is worth that much money this year? I believe that the other NFL teams have the same opinion, and will not help us trade down. We have all been hearing the talk of teams wanting to take a points hit to get out of the top spots. That PROVES my belief.

What do you think?

Thats the risk you take when you draft that high, you pay knowing **** well that if he doesn't pan out, oh well the moneys his. You also take the chance of him being a Peterson who will immediately help the team.

Besides, in all of our picks we are sure to find at least one gem........I hope.

I don't agree at all.  I think there will be plenty of trading done but everyone is waiting to see what the Dolphins do first since they want to sign their pick well before the draft.

Once the Dolphins sign their guy, look for the trade offers to begin.  KC and Baltimore would like to get Ryan, the Jets want McFadden and I am sure that there are some others that have secret wishes as well.

It will all unfold in a very short time and I think we are right where we need to be to the key player in much of the excitement.

This year is no different than most years, very few teams actually want to pick in the top 5 of the draft due to the cost. However, there are many quality players available this year just like any other year. Sure, there probably isn't an offensive dynamo like Peyton Manning or Adrian Peterson but players like the Longs, Dorsey, Golston, Henne, Brohm, Ryan, Mendenhall could all easily become pro-bowl players.

I am happy to keep the 3rd pick in the draft and take J. Long, Dorsey, C. Long, or Golston - all of which I think will most likely play in many pro-bowls to come.

phocis850 (4/11/2008)
I am excited to know that we have sooooo many picks this year, but we all believed that we were lucky to get the #3 pick. I think it may be a hidden curse. We may be stuck having to pay a player too much in guaranteed money. Honestly, which ROOKIE is worth that much money this year? I believe that the other NFL teams have the same opinion, and will not help us trade down. We have all been hearing the talk of teams wanting to take a points hit to get out of the top spots. That PROVES my belief.

What do you think?

Glenn Dorsey or Jake Long.........I just pray that they don't go 1 & 2

MidWest Falcon (4/11/2008)
Kobold King (4/11/2008)
I'm not happy about the draft class this year either, especially in the first round. I dont see one single player that is a sure fire franchise player.

You're joking right?  Have you seen Glenn Dorsey or Jake Long play?

Dorsey especially will impact the defense this year.

Matthew Pritts (4/11/2008)
Kobold King (4/11/2008)
"You're joking right?  Have you seen Glenn Dorsey or Jake Long play?"

You mean the DT with the bad knee and the LT who will end up on the right side?

Uh, his knee checked out.

And even at less then 100% he's still a dominating player.

Have you ever heard of steve emtman?Drafted #1 overall Dtackle by the colts.Played 2 years because of knee injuries.He checked out to.Nothing is certain with the human condition.

We could break down the top 5 prospects and out of them all, Chris Long is the safest. I can't spend $20million on a player with knee issues. No Thanks.

This draft is sooo deep with lineman, I'd rather get 2-3 instead of one player. If you've noticed, we can't seem to keep them healthy to save our life.