Your pick @ QB for this draft and why?

petrinoHATER

IMO they are all project QB's, But I really like Henne or even the project JJ.I think either would do well and would be a bargain.

JJ has a good arm and is a drop back QB but could use his legs to get it done which could help out a young strong line we are supposed to be getting.

Henne just looks like he makes good reads and has a nice NFL arm.He played with great pressure and led the team well.

I am not against matt ryan as us selecting him other then we would be wasting our #3 pick on him and that I think we cannot afford to do. If we where a QB away from a superbowl like the steelers where then I say get him but we all know this is not the case. Taking him would only give us a chance to step back further,could work out and be the smartest or luckiest move in the 08 NFL draft but my money is against it. If we throw a young QB in to early he could be another Harrington, Carr, etc that we with all this team has been through could be a major problem. I think we are a bad draft away from the fans wanting Blank out. I do not feel this way but, Vick and then cutting Crumpler, Coleman, trading Hall and then busting in the draft would not go over well.

Now I know we all feel this is the best thing to have done but the message boards here make up about 3% of the fans we have in Atlanta.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i picked brian brohm because i think he is probably the most intellegant qb in the draft and has had the most success through out his career. brohm has proven to not be a one year wonder. i would love to land joe flacco but thats just because i love his size and his arm, he doesnt necessarily fit our system tho. i think we will be looking at either henne or brohm. someone who can manage the game and not make turn overs. josh johnson is a very interesting prospect depending on where we could get him, if we could land him or woodson in the late 3rd or in the 4th that would be a steal.

My pick would be Brohm.  He doesn't have the strongest arm, but I believe he'll make wise decisions with the ball and Brohm has good accuracy.  If he's gone, my second choice is Henne because of his big arm and level of experience.  Flacco would be more of a project.

Brohm-HE's one of the most polished prospects at QB in the last decade. He's heady, smart, and a student of the game. And contrary to poular belief, he has a very good arm.

If not him, then Henne-He has a very good arm, the arm needed to run this offense, he's a vocal leader, he's smart, and tough. And he played in a pro-style offense at Michigan asa 4-yr.starter.

I pick Andre Woodson. The reason is that I dont want to use our 1st rnder on a QB or trade up, That rules out Ryan and Brohm pretty much. Woodson can be drafted with our 48th pick.

Also I pick woodson because based on the regular season, not the combine or Senior Bowl, He is the 2nd Best QB available, Behind Brohm. If Brohm was there at pick 34 then I take him, But i seriously doubt he's there.

Woodson is better than henne/flacco in my opinion..The only knock people say about him is the leftwich comparison, which is stupid cause its nothing alike, With a year or 2 on the bench, woodson will be a very good QB 

The H.N.I.C. 2! (4/11/2008)
I pick Andre Woodson. The reason is that I dont want to use our 1st rnder on a QB or trade up, That rules out Ryan and Brohm pretty much. Woodson can be drafted with our 48th pick.

Also I pick woodson because based on the regular season, not the combine or Senior Bowl, He is the 2nd Best QB available, Behind Brohm. If Brohm was there at pick 34 then I take him, But i seriously doubt he's there.

Woodson is better than henne/flacco in my opinion..The only knock people say about him is the leftwich comparison, which is stupid cause its nothing alike, With a year or 2 on the bench, woodson will be a very good QB 

Woodson has a serious hitch in his delivery, a pause at the top of his release, along w/a windup like Leftwich, that's gonna get him killed in the NFL.

And it's very hard to change your mechanics when you've been doing something since you're a kid.

No to Woodson.

formul8or (4/11/2008)
I don't know how Brohm's arm can be questioned, he threw a whole 1mph slower than Flacco.

He does not have a stronger arm than Falcco, it is a 1mph fact! Also in the QB drills Falcco threw the ball about 15 yards father! That 1mph less on a 15 yard out pattern could be just the the ticket for 6 the other way! Brohns arm is not questioned! His arm is not as good! No question here!

Matthew Pritts (4/11/2008)

Woodson has a serious hitch in his delivery, a pause at the top of his release, along w/a windup like Leftwich, that's gonna get him killed in the NFL.

And it's very hard to change your mechanics when you've been doing something since you're a kid.

No to Woodson.

Dude, I was wondering if you'd show up....lol

Anyway, Out of all the QB's Brohm is the only QB id take over woodson.

Matt Ryan will go too high, Henne sucks, Joe Flacco is over-rated.

Based on season performance only, Woodson is the 2nd best QB behind brohm

Caddieman (4/11/2008)
formul8or (4/11/2008)
I don't know how Brohm's arm can be questioned, he threw a whole 1mph slower than Flacco.

He does not have a stronger arm than Falcco, it is a 1mph fact! Also in the QB drills Falcco threw the ball about 15 yards father! That 1mph less on a 15 yard out pattern could be just the the ticket for 6 the other way! Brohns arm is not questioned! His arm is not as good! No question here!

What tape were you watching? :laugh:

And were you high when you watched it? Have you ever watched one of Brohm's games? Obviously it sounds like you haven't.

No to Woodson.

Dude, I was wondering if you'd show up....lol

Anyway, Out of all the QB's Brohm is the only QB id take over woodson.

Matt Ryan will go too high, Henne sucks, Joe Flacco is over-rated.

Based on season performance only, Woodson is the 2nd best QB behind brohm

Agree that Flacco is overrated.

How does Henne suck?

Brian Brohm if he's available. I wouldn't pick Matt Ryan with the 3rd pick in the first round of the draft. To much of a gamble. If Jake Long or Glen Dorsey are available get em'. Then either trade into the late first round if possible to pick up Brohm. If not, then go after Flacco in the second round. Matt Ryan is to much of a gamble. Look at what happen to Alex Smith, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, and Joey Harrington! All top QB drafted in there class and each one of them have not lived up to the expectations. With all of the drama and bad press that's been around the Atlanta Falcons this pass year, IMO Atlanta should go after a guaranteed player that can contribute this season. Build there O-Line, and D-Line up through the draft, because if my memory serves me correct the Falcons plan to sit whatever QB they draft for at least a season so that they can allow him the time to develop.

da snowman (4/11/2008)
i know this is gonna stir up the board a little bit, but ill take vick...hes a proven winner, strides to make the team better, unselfish, works well with teammates, hes a great all around guy..:D  flame on...

He is also a felon!:laugh::laugh::laugh: The football intelligence on the board is down right scary! UNSELFISH!:laugh: (the fish part is right)

Caddieman (4/11/2008)
formul8or (4/11/2008)

And were you high when you watched it? Have you ever watched one of Brohm's games? Obviously it sounds like you haven't.

You are saying that Brohns arm is stronger than Falccos????????? I ask you! What are you smoking?

Caddieman (4/11/2008)
Caddieman (4/11/2008)
formul8or (4/11/2008)

You are saying that Brohns arm is stronger than Falccos????????? I ask you! What are you smoking?

It's nearly as strong.