Vernon Gholston under controact negotiations with miami.

whosurcaddie

londonfalcon (4/11/2008)
Can they do that with multiple players? I guess its not illegal but it doesn't seem fair to the multiple players they're in talks with.

I've never heard of this situation before.

It's just like you would in Free agency you talk to all of them and see which will give you the best deal to sign with you before you make them a member of ya team.

londonfalcon (4/11/2008)
Can they do that with multiple players? I guess its not illegal but it doesn't seem fair to the multiple players they're in talks with.

happens all the time, the usually with the or 6 that are invited half or more have contract negotiations with the number one team.

its not uncommon for the top 2 teams to negotiate with players either. If you ask me its not a good way to build a team, instead of getting the best player you get a guy who will come the cheapest.

falconsd56 (4/11/2008)
londonfalcon (4/11/2008)

happens all the time, the usually with the or 6 that are invited half or more have contract negotiations with the number one team.

its not uncommon for the top 2 teams to negotiate with players either. If you ask me its not a good way to build a team, instead of getting the best player you get a guy who will come the cheapest.

Might not be the best but if your alternative is a holdout thru training camp. Id definitely include signability as part of the selection criteria. Miami needs help now.

falconsd56 (4/11/2008)
londonfalcon (4/11/2008)

The problem with that theory ius - the draft is enough of a crapshoot that other than in the situation of VERY special players, there is about an equal chance the guy you signed cheaply WILL be the best player.

iDash (4/11/2008)
Chris Long the player they really want is last,

Bill will tell him,

Your our third option, but these two contracts if you want to go first!

Ding, Ding, Ding - We have a WINNER! 

Jake Long or Chris Long is who Miami really wants.  Gholston is the only real 'competition' Chris Long has by position so they're going to see what it would take to sign Gholston and determine if Chris is anywhere in their pay window before making Chris Long the #1 pick.

londonfalcon (4/11/2008)

It happened with Reggie Bush and Mario Williams.