Why is everyone ruling out....

UGA_DAWG46

i dont know why chris long wouldnt be the pick. the idea of them picking dorsey over long is absolutely hilarious to me. if it did happen the rams would lose a lot of my respect, especially because their DE's suck horribly right now. they need chris long in the worst way. dorsey over gholston i could understand, but not over long.

It better be Chris Long. They should have either Long in there as their pick, or I swear to god I will burn that city to the ground. I am starting to get really worried the Falcons clusterfunk is just going to keep extending past last year. If Jake Long and Glenn Dorsey are gone, I will get ridiculously drunk before we make our pick.

gage (4/10/2008)
i hope they do because unless we trade down to 6 if dorseys gone, we're taking ryan 3rd ovr

You're crazy.  We're not taking someone we don't want simply because our #1 and #2 guys are potentially gone.

And for the topic starter... I don't think everyone is ruling out C Long or Gholston for the Rams.  It's just that the Dorsey talk is going hot right now... and in all likelihood it could just be more pre-draft bs.  Realistically, they would be insane to not take C Long or Gholston.  The Rams didn't have anyone with more than 2 sacks last year and their DE roster is a joke.

Carter (4/11/2008)
gage (4/10/2008)
i hope they do because unless we trade down to 6 if dorseys gone, we're taking ryan 3rd ovr

You're crazy. We're not taking someone we don't want simply because our #1 and #2 guys are potentially gone.

And for the topic starter... I don't think everyone is ruling out C Long or Gholston for the Rams. It's just that the Dorsey talk is going hot right now... and in all likelihood it could just be more pre-draft bs. Realistically, they would beinsane to not take C Long or Gholston. The Rams didn't have anyone with more than 2 sacks last year and their DE roster is a joke.

**** i didnt know that. and i thought our pass rush was bad.:ermm:

Carter (4/11/2008)
gage (4/10/2008)

You're crazy. We're not taking someone we don't want simply because our #1 and #2 guys are potentially gone.

And for the topic starter... I don't think everyone is ruling out C Long or Gholston for the Rams. It's just that the Dorsey talk is going hot right now... and in all likelihood it could just be more pre-draft bs. Realistically, they would beinsane to not take C Long or Gholston. The Rams didn't have anyone with more than 2 sacks last year and their DE roster is a joke.

La'Roi Glover had 6 sacks

there DE is not a Joke but it can be improved..... Leonard Little was hurt this year and the rams are thinking about moving Adam Carriker to DE

atljbo (4/11/2008)
the thing is... some of the guys in charge of the rams feel like DT Adam Carriker is playing out of position.... His natural position is DE .......

I will literally laugh out loud if they think they can move him to DE this year.  He's about 20-30 lbs too heavy for DE and coming off a shoulder surgery that probably won't be 100% healed until week 1 maybe. 

Not to mention that Dorsey is not an ideal fit for a 3-4 NT.

If they have any sense at all they will take one of the two guys who are considered far and away the best 3-4 defensive front prospects in this draft.

atljbo (4/11/2008)
La'Roi Glover had 6 sacks

there DE is not a Joke but it can be improved..... Leonard Little was hurt this year and the rams are thinking about moving Adam Carriker to DE

Ahh that was the part I had forgotten about.  I knew something about that I was missing.  It's still pretty sad when your only respectable pass rusher is a 33 year old DT who registered sacks in just 5 games.

Both Glover and Little are 33 right now.  Beyond that, they don't have any impact players in the pass rush to speak of.  Their DE situation can be DRAMATICALLY improved. 

If Miami takes Gholston (probably reminds Parcells of a sober LT) then the Rams most likely will take C. Long as they are still trying to fix their defense...a major problem last year. This leaves us with Dorsey, J. Long, and Ryan. If thats the case, taking J. Long would justify a trade back into the first IMO.

Legion (4/11/2008)
If Miami takes Gholston (probably reminds Parcells of a sober LT) then the Rams most likely will take C. Long as they are still trying to fix their defense...a major problem last year. This leaves us with Dorsey, J. Long, and Ryan. If thats the case, taking J. Long would justify a trade back into the first IMO.

If the Jake Long is there at 2, the Rams will jump all over him.

i think jake is the best safest pick in this draft but i dont see a tackle going number 1 overall with such talents in chris and vernon. but i highly doubt jake makes it past st louis, they saw how thier offense fell apart last year due to injuries to the O line... we should get a shot at dorsey.

When you look @ the Rams DL you have to ask yourself would they rather

A. Draft Dorsey @ DT & move Carriker to DE (the position he played in college)

or

B. Draft C Long or V Gholston @ DE @ keep Carriker @ DT

Hopefully it's the latter :unsure: