NFL DRAFT

Bring It

Some wanted Laron Landry while others thought he was overrated and wanted Reggie Nelson

Some wanted Patrick Willis

A lot wanted Amobi

Vick75 created 1 million threads about how we should trade up for Calvin Johnson

Steve Bartkowski (sp) was the leader of the draft Levi Brown club.

There were a few that wanted Adrian Peterson but others disagreed because of the injury scare... Man hindsight is 20/20

Our own little loved one Terance Moore of the AJC whom is a Falcon hater predicted correctly that the Falcons would select Jamaal Anderson with the 8th pick in the draft. People disagreed and called him names, boy that hindsight  sure is 20/20.

There were also people who said we should draft Brady Quinn because Mike Vick wasnt cutting it. Lmao if I knew then what I know now.. Did I mention that hindight is 20/20?

It was well known that the Falcons were gonna take Laron Landry at 8. But like a mack truck with bad breaks, Washington hit us and took him at 6.

Most people were okay with the pick but there were a lot that were pissed.

I was so disappointed because I really wanted Landry.

As to what to expect this year, a lot of users, a lot of pointless and stupid threads and hopefully the server wont crash.

Purple Label (4/10/2008)
bossFALCON (4/10/2008)
were you not a falcon fan last year? i missed the first 8 picks of the draft because i was at the grocery store (dont ask) and i was just turning on the tv while ted ginn was being drafted. i remember hoping that we get calvin johnson so that our wideout need would finally be filled. i thought a vick to calvin johnson touchdown pass would be the greatest thing in the world. i was hoping we would trade up so that we could snag him, but i didnt think it would happen. i also remember being pretty happy when we traded down for like 4 picks in the 6th because i thought it would help us get some good solid players and fill depth.

as far as the petrino hiring goes i wasnt too sure about the guy at first. all i knew was that he liked to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets and pass the ball a lot. i was like man does he know our receivers couldnt catch a ball if their lives depended on it, so i didnt think his plan would work. i was hoping for the best though and even though i was kind of skeptical of the guy i was hoping things would work their way out and we would be hoisting a lombardi sooner than later.

i can remember an analyst on the NFL network predicting that we go to the 2007 nfc championship game or win the superbowl or something like that. boy were they wrong.

Dang Boss, you must have been in the grocery store forever, because that's how long it took for those picks.

yea i know. the first couple 8 picks took like 2 hours. i did other stuff then go grocery shopping, but the grocery shopping took up most of the time. i was extremely pissed because i planned on not doing anything the whole weekend except watch the draft.

Another name being tossed around a lot was Levi Jones, but then the Cardinals reached for him at #5.

I personally wanted Willis or Okoye - who were both AWESOME last season AND would have filled needs this year that we're still trying to fulfill. *sigh*

But aside from Anderson, I am very pleased with every single one of McKay's picks last year from Houston and Blalock all the way down to Snelling. :D

Bring It (4/10/2008)
I'M FAIRLY NEW TO THIS BOARD..............ONLY THE LAST 3 MONTHS.

THE PASSION AND EXCITEMENT CURRENTLY WITH THE FALCON'S UPCOMING NFL DRAFT IS UNDERSTANDABLE, WITH THE COMPLETE TEAM AND FRONT OFFICE "MAKEOVER".

MY QUESTION IS...........WHAT WAS IT LIKE HERE ONE YEAR AGO.........BEFORE LAST YEAR'S DRAFT ???

WHO WAS THE FAVORITE FOR OUR No. 1 PICK ??

WHAT WAS THE MOOD, WITH PETRINO ON BOARD AS THE NEW COACH ??

It was very exciting last year this time. Vick was still here, new coach,new philosophy, and coning off a 7-9 season, we had very high hopes.