I'M FAIRLY NEW TO THIS BOARD..............ONLY THE LAST 3 MONTHS.

THE PASSION AND EXCITEMENT CURRENTLY WITH THE FALCON'S UPCOMING NFL DRAFT IS UNDERSTANDABLE, WITH THE COMPLETE TEAM AND FRONT OFFICE "MAKEOVER".

MY QUESTION IS...........WHAT WAS IT LIKE HERE ONE YEAR AGO.........BEFORE LAST YEAR'S DRAFT ???

WHO WAS THE FAVORITE FOR OUR No. 1 PICK ??

WHAT WAS THE MOOD, WITH PETRINO ON BOARD AS THE NEW COACH ??

were you not a falcon fan last year? i missed the first 8 picks of the draft because i was at the grocery store (dont ask) and i was just turning on the tv while ted ginn was being drafted. i remember hoping that we get calvin johnson so that our wideout need would finally be filled. i thought a vick to calvin johnson touchdown pass would be the greatest thing in the world. i was hoping we would trade up so that we could snag him, but i didnt think it would happen. i also remember being pretty happy when we traded down for like 4 picks in the 6th because i thought it would help us get some good solid players and fill depth.

as far as the petrino hiring goes i wasnt too sure about the guy at first. all i knew was that he liked to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets and pass the ball a lot. i was like man does he know our receivers couldnt catch a ball if their lives depended on it, so i didnt think his plan would work. i was hoping for the best though and even though i was kind of skeptical of the guy i was hoping things would work their way out and we would be hoisting a lombardi sooner than later.

i can remember an analyst on the NFL network predicting that we go to the 2007 nfc championship game or win the superbowl or something like that. boy were they wrong.

FALCONFAN4LIFE (4/10/2008)
Illini_Falcon59 (4/10/2008)
i would have loved to get landry !!!!!

Me too...and of course the Redskins took him two picks before us when they really didn't even need him at the time.

i know right they still had Sean Taylor

RIP :(

Yea. :[

I remember them talking about the Redskins having the best safeties in the league right after they made that pick. They would have been the best tandem for a long time too...

Me too...and of course the Redskins took him two picks before us when they really didn't even need him at the time.

I remember them talking about the Redskins having the best safeties in the league right after they made that pick. They would have been the best tandem for a long time too...

hard hitting tandem i might add

they would have been something!!!!!

Last year it was basically assumed in the weeks leading up to the draft that the Falcons were going to end up with Laron Landry.  There were some people here hoping for Peterson, and others who were looking at Patrick Willis (that what I was hoping for) .  Some people were hoping for Levi Jones, and maybe a few were hoping for Gaines Adams to fall to our spot.  I don't remember hardly anybody wishing for Jamal Anderson, although I think most of us were pleased with the pick on draft day. 

#1falconsfan (4/10/2008)

Yeah me too, I was pissed when Washington took him, and when we took Jamaal I was pissed because I wanted Amobi.

i wanted amobi also.

how nice it would have been to have amobi at UT or NT right now... oh well.

Had we taken Omobi last year than Gholston or Chris Long would have been gold this year

bossFALCON (4/10/2008)
were you not a falcon fan last year? i missed the first 8 picks of the draft because i was at the grocery store (dont ask) and i was just turning on the tv while ted ginn was being drafted. i remember hoping that we get calvin johnson so that our wideout need would finally be filled. i thought a vick to calvin johnson touchdown pass would be the greatest thing in the world. i was hoping we would trade up so that we could snag him, but i didnt think it would happen. i also remember being pretty happy when we traded down for like 4 picks in the 6th because i thought it would help us get some good solid players and fill depth.

as far as the petrino hiring goes i wasnt too sure about the guy at first. all i knew was that he liked to run a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets and pass the ball a lot. i was like man does he know our receivers couldnt catch a ball if their lives depended on it, so i didnt think his plan would work. i was hoping for the best though and even though i was kind of skeptical of the guy i was hoping things would work their way out and we would be hoisting a lombardi sooner than later.

i can remember an analyst on the NFL network predicting that we go to the 2007 nfc championship game or win the superbowl or something like that. boy were they wrong.

Dang Boss, you must have been in the grocery store forever, because that's how long it took for those picks. 

tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
it was basically the same as this year. All these losers were saying......... THIS IS THE YEAR GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL LOL :w00t::w00t::hehe::hehe:

Dude what the **** are we suppose to say boy i hope we get pounded this year? Just another bandwagon rider as soon as we do something its boy I'M THE BIGGEST FALCONS FAN!

The big debate on here last year was if LaRon Landry would make an effective FS. Everyone agreed that he was a big hitter, but his cover skills were questionable. A lot of people wanted us to take Reggie Nelson instead as they saw him as a better pure free safety, but many felt like he was a reach at the spot we were drafting at. Then you had a great deal of others on here that were on the Calvin Johnson bandwagon and wanted us to trade up to get him. There were also quite a few people that were vouching for Levi Brown, and an equal amount of people that questioned his ability and his value as a top 10 pick. There were some that liked Amobi Okoye, and only a handful from what I can remember that wanted Patrick Willis. There were quite a few people that wanted Adrian Peterson, and likewise there were an equal amount of people opposed to that pick. Jamaal Anderson was probably the least talked about in relation to the other guys I just mentioned. A lot of people wanted us to take the likes of Charles Johnson or Tim Crowder in the 2nd round to fill our DE need.

Rusty Shackleford (4/10/2008)

Had we taken Omobi last year than Gholston or Chris Long would have been gold this year

**** that would have been sickkk!!!!!!!