Zero career fumbles for Norwood

foreveriloveatlanta (4/10/2008)
Haha let's hope not. Can't wait to see him light up some defenses this year. Another thing worth mentioning is the "great" Reggie Bush already has 9 fumbles, with only 100 more carries than Norwood. Yet another thing Norwood is better at.

im not 100% sure but i think norwood has had more rushing yards than bush in 06 and 07 and has more career rushing yards than bush AND bush has started about 7 games i think.

The list of running backs on IR has been long but

Norwood has not been on that list to the best of

my recollection. Now another discovery has been

made: he is not a fumbler. Pretty soon we'll realize

we have a player. Somebody will surely bring up

how few touchdowns he has without looking up

the stats on how many red zone touches he has.

I bet he leads the world on length of TD's for a

running back.

BirdsOnPatrol (4/10/2008)
i bet u've totally jinxed him now and he has like 8 fumbles this season.. lol

yep, way to point it out and jinx him. and you didn't even knock on wood. i'm pinning this thread and blaming you if norwood fumbles an outrageous amount next year. haha:D

foreveriloveatlanta (4/10/2008)
Personally, I don't care if he tries to run block and just lets his defender run past him as long as he's getting carries.  If his run blocking is really the only thing holding him back some coach will sooner or later be able to fix it, cause he is way too good to be getting that number of carries. 

****, Norwood blocks for himself, thats the kind of RB we need starting, Forget the O-line, Let norwood run the ball and block for himself.....lol

LADBABY (4/10/2008)

running back.

this is an open debate(almost argument) about the number of carries Norwood receives. just from a personal observation, a runningbacks leg size generally tells me how durable of a back he is. while we handed the ball of to jamal anderson 200+ times a year, he wore out lines in the second half(some say he got worn out from all those runs lol). now in two seasons Norwood has carried a little over 200 times and seems to get dinged up when he has alot of touch opportunities. obviously, my leg observation holds no merit, but if you look around the league, and the guys that carry the ball around 200 times a season, have tree trunk thighs. Norwood's thin legs are a kind of giveaway to me that he is a change of pace back....a little like DMC may turn out to be.

3073 (4/10/2008)
LADBABY (4/10/2008)

running back.

this is an open debate(almost argument) about the number of carries Norwood receives. just from a personal observation, a runningbacks leg size generally tells me how durable of a back he is. while we handed the ball of to jamal anderson 200+ times a year, he wore out lines in the second half(some say he got worn out from all those runs lol). now in two seasons Norwood has carried a little over 200 times and seems to get dinged up when he has alot of touch opportunities. obviously, my leg observation holds no merit, but if you look around the league, and the guys that carry the ball around 200 times a season, have tree trunk thighs. Norwood's thin legs are a kind of giveaway to me that he is a change of pace back....a little like DMC may turn out to be.

I agree with you, his thin legs make him more prone to injury...But you seem to forget he can make them bigger, I'm sure if he really tried and went on a serious strength program he could probably add another 10 lbs to his legs and probably not lose to much speed.

tipp78 (4/10/2008)

I agree with you, his thin legs make him more prone to injury...But you seem to forget he can make them bigger, I'm sure if he really tried and went on a serious strength program he could probably add another 10 lbs to his legs and probably not lose to much speed.

absolutely, but his frame is rather thin. not that thin frames havent done well, it's just that he should add weight all over to stay in proportion. the current trend in the NFL, however, is to have a two headed runningback system. so basically he only needs to be a little more durable to become the asset we all see him being. personally i think the addition of turner will help norwood get better. not to knock Dunn too much, but he just didnt tire defenses. turner will wear down the defenses a little making norwoods cuts even better IMO.

He hasn't been injured as much as most backs in the

league. In short "Don't mess with my man". Trying to

get him fat and slow. Give him fumbles he didn't fumble.

Just give him the ball more and get ready to be amazed.

You too will realize we have a player on our hands.

I remember hearing that he had almost no fumbles in college.

Right now Id take him over Reggie Bush if we had the choice. Reggie Bush has done almost nothing from the traditional halfback position. The only way they have been able to get him some good yards is by moving him around all over and incorporating him on all sorts of gadget plays. Norwood on the other hand has been a great change of pace back and requires no special gameplanning unlike Bush. He hasn't fumbled or majorly screwed up drives like Bush and he has had way more impressive runs.

Not bad for a 3rd round pick.