Ticket Prices the Past Few Years?

Hello, I don't live in the Atlanta area, but for my English class I am writing a persuasive essay on how the NFL needs to have a salary cap to keep the league as popular as it is now, and how an unlimited cap would ruin the game.

I was just wondering for those who attend games, what has been the ticket prices the past few years? I'm assuming they've risen, but I just wanted to know how much. Any help is appreciated!

They have increased every year since Blank took over the team.

The very first year he owned the team he drastically lowered prices in the upper levels and lowered prices in other sections.  In my opinion that move was GREAT and it bought him and the Falcons a lot of good will.... which it should have.

Every year after that prices have increased but they didn't increase as much this season.

Honestly if you wrote the Falcons Ticket office they might be able to provide you with actual numbers.

OBL is a moronic spammer who probably couldn't afford a stick of gum.  Anyways, I have been a season ticket holder for 10 years and after Blank purchased the team he reduced a lot of the seats to around $100 for the season.  Whether it was a a winning or losing season the prices have steadily risen in my case to $690 per seat last year.  After so many issues from this past season on and off the field the prices were finally reduced to $650 per seat.  I am not really doing cartwheels over $2 a game but I will take what I can. 

I personally think the prices of NFL licensed products as well as players salaries are so astronomical that the price far excees the value of the players if it were not for the sports uniqueness.  In the case of removing the cap the fans would absorb whatever the ridiculously skyrocketed contract the best free agent available would demand and usually there are only 2 or 3 noteworthy free agents per year so quite often a leftover player gets paid far too much.

phattywankenobi (4/10/2008)

I personally think the prices of NFL licensed products as well as players salaries are so astronomical that the price far excees the value of the players if it were not for the sports uniqueness. In the case of removing the cap the fans would absorb whatever the ridiculously skyrocketed contract the best free agent available would demand and usually there are only 2 or 3 noteworthy free agents per year so quite often a leftover player gets paid far too much.

Yeah, that's what I was bringing out in my essay. If there was no cap, it would take more to sign free agents and draft picks. Who would pay for those players? Not the owner, it would be the fans' pocketbooks. I was just seeing if there was a trend with the salary cap rising each year and ticket prices rising each year.