Good News Everybody.

Bartkowski

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
Bad news...He will be back for one more season and would have to be franchised at roughly $7.5-8.0 million after next season. I was hoping to have a contract in place by now or for someone to have given us a first round pick to sign him.

How do you know we're going to have to franchise him? You know we could get a deal worked out during the season or before the FA period begins.

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
Bad news...He will be back for one more season and would have to be franchised at roughly $7.5-8.0 million after next season. I was hoping to have a contract in place by now or for someone to have given us a first round pick to sign him.

Wow. What insight!

Got the lotto picks for next week, too?

BillyWitchDoctor (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

How do you know we're going to have to franchise him? You know we could get a deal worked out during the season or before the FA period begins.

Realisticly, what do you think he is going to ask for in a long term contract? I think he will want a six year deal for around $36-37 million. To me, that is too much for Michael Boley.

Yes a deal could be worked out during the season, but it is going to be for a lot of money. I just don't think Boley is worth $6 million plus a season.

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

He could sign a real deal in a few days, or be traded..

I do not believe that this new regime will allow this to fester, and still lose Boley in 2009.

I believe that The Falcons will select more LBs than most posters think..

Conner can play MLB and SOLB

Wheeler is out there (Both OLB spots in The NFL)

Goff - MLB

There are several opportunities...to save money on a rebuilding-team with a rookie crop of LBs to groom within the system.

Rhoddy White's contract will be over soon. They've just re-signed most of an O-Line that will be replaced soon (Cap hits, unless traded).

Trading Boley to a contender could be the key to acquiring another 1st round pick for an LT.

Dirty_DVD (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

He could sign a real deal in a few days, or be traded..

I do not believe that this new regime will allow this to fester, and still lose Boley in 2009.

I believe that The Falcons will select more LBs than most posters think..

Conner can play MLB and SOLB

Wheeler is out there (Both OLB spots in The NFL)

Goff - MLB

There are several opportunities...to save money on a rebuilding-team with a rookie crop of LBs to groom within the system.

Rhoddy White's contract will be over soon. They've just re-signed most of an O-Line that will be replaced soon (Cap hits, unless traded).

Trading Boley to a contender could be the key to acquiring another 1st round pick for an LT.

You depress me... Trading Michael Boley will only make us have to find a lesser talented player to fill his spot as we hope the Left Tackle we "may" get with his pick becomes as good as his craft as Boley is at his.. Bad idea sir..

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

Realisticly, what do you think he is going to ask for in a long term contract? I think he will want a six year deal for around $36-37 million. To me, that is too much for Michael Boley.

Yes a deal could be worked out during the season, but it is going to be for a lot of money. I just don't think Boley is worth $6 million plus a season.

So you'd rather give that money to an unproven rookie who may or may not pan out? While we know Boley is quickly becoming one of the top LB's in the league? :laugh:

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

He's going to have a great year and test the market.  I'm almost 100% certain that he will get 6 million plus a season.  He'll be the best UFA OLB next year.

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

So you'd rather give that money to an unproven rookie who may or may not pan out? While we know Boley is quickly becoming one of the top LB's in the league? :laugh:

We wouldn't be giving $6 million a year to a rookie linebacker...We have cap problems still because of releases and MV's contract issues.

'One of the top linebackers in the NFL.' I don't believe that at all. He is a good linebacker right now, but nowhere near becoming one of the top LBs in the league unless you are considering that ranking to include 20-30 players.

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

We wouldn't be giving $6 million a year to a rookie linebacker...We have cap problems still because of releases and MV's contract issues.

'One of the top linebackers in the NFL.' I don't believe that at all. He is a good linebacker right now, but nowhere near becoming one of the top LBs in the league unless you are considering that ranking to include 20-30 players.

IMO i think he is one of the best lbs in the league that has little to work with. a lot of the lbs on the list would be on good teams with a good pass rush and a good secondary. boley produces and he doesnt even have that.

bossFALCON (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

IMO i think he is one of the best lbs in the league that has little to work with. a lot of the lbs on the list would be on good teams with a good pass rush and a good secondary. boley produces and he doesnt even have that.

It's an excuse for everyone else but he still puts out.  If we have a wreck of a season he'll probably get paid top dollar by someone else in the event he doesn't get extended during the season.

robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

He's good..very good.

I just think that The Falcons could be dealing him because they have the picks to find good LB talent to replace him.

Money plays a huge role.

Brooking is here for at least one mroe season, but more importantly, The Falcons will able to draft 2 LBs within 4 rounds and 7 picks.

I beleive that one of two of these LBs may be drafted here:

Conner

Wheeler

Goff.

Dirty_DVD (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)
robbyb03 (4/10/2008)

He's good..very good.

I just think that The Falcons could be dealing him because they have the picks to find good LB talent to replace him.

Money plays a huge role.

Brooking is here for at least one mroe season, but more importantly, The Falcons will able to draft 2 LBs within 4 rounds and 7 picks.

I beleive that one of two of these LBs may be drafted here:

Conner

Wheeler

Goff.

We would probably have to trade up into the first to get Connor. I just don't see it happening, though I would like to have Connor here. 

I really think that we will take Curtis Lofton to fill in the MLB spot. We can use one of the second round picks to fill the MLB spot.