Folks, before you judge a players or teams talents you gotta look at the competition they faced....

It is so funny to me to watch people build teams and players up constantly and then when reality hits they wonder what happened. You gotta look at who someone is going up against to tell what there capable of.  Bottom line. Some of yall may not like it but tough.  Here's the truth.  If a team or player has not competed against........

GEORGIA BULLDOGS

FLORIDA GATORS

AUBURN TIGERS

LSU TIGERS

TENNESSEE VOLS

Then you had BETTER think twice about decideing that there the next Walter Payton or Reggie White. 

tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
In college football today.  The true POWER is in the team's i named above.  Look what happens when a team that never has to play one of those teams has to one day.  THE RAT KILLING IS ON.

So, did you toss back a 12 pack tonight or did ya hit the hard stuff?

tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
GUYS I AINT TALKIN ABOUT 20 OR 40 YEARS AGO. I MEAN TODAY.

Adrian Peterson didn't play against those teams - Calvin Johnson played only Georgia and didn't do squat against them - Devon Hester played against ACC teams - Maurice Jones-Drew played Pac 10 teams - Marques Colston played for Hosftra - I don't remember Hofstra playing too many SEC teams recently - Ernie Sims played ACC teams - Laurence Maroney played against Big 10 teams - Marshawn Lynch played Pac 10 - Greg Olsen yet another who did not play those teams -- all these guys from the last 2 years have done pretty well in the NFL

tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
In college football today.  The true POWER is in the team's i named above.  Look what happens when a team that never has to play one of those teams has to one day.  THE RAT KILLING IS ON.

What team did TCU rb LT face when he was in college?? he is considered the top RB in the NFL..

Where Did Tom Brady play again>>> oh yeah michigan...and he faced only big ten teams..not sec..teams..

well david greene faced many sec teams and he led how many teams to the superbowl..oh wait..well hes at least led a team to the playoffs....no?? **** sorry..

I am from the SEC. Huge Bulldog fan, huge Ole Miss fan. Went to schools in these two schools in the best football conference. But the depth at the SEC is sick and unbeatable. But some of the best players last year the NFL who made an impact for their teams went to the smaller schools or the smaller "weaker" conferences. Including: Brett Favre, Ladanion Tomlinson, Terrell Owens, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Brandon Jacobs, Wes Welker, Randy Moss, Brian Urlacher, Michael Strahan, Tony Romo, Zach Thomas, Brian Westbrook, Asante Samuel, Osi Umenyiora, Brandon Marshall, etc

But overall, in terms of depth of players and continuously, the SEC wins outright.

tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
It is so funny to me to watch people build teams and players up constantly and then when reality hits they wonder what happened. You gotta look at who someone is going up against to tell what there capable of. Bottom line. Some of yall may not like it but tough. Here's the truth. If a team or player has not competed against........

GEORGIA BULLDOGS

FLORIDA GATORS

AUBURN TIGERS

LSU TIGERS

TENNESSEE VOLS

Then you had BETTER think twice about decideing that there the next Walter Payton or Reggie White.

Steve McNair, Terrell Owens, Steve Young at BYU. .just for starters. .

While I disagree with the teams listed in the original post, I agree with the sentiment.

Bigger schools, stronger competition far outweighs the small school standout the MAJORITY of the time.

Yes, you can go on about Phill Simms, Payton, McNair yadda yadda but those guys are truly the EXCEPTIONS.

How many hundreds of small school guys amounted to nothing in the NFL before a gem like Payton was found?

Where is Adrian Peterson of Georgia Southern?  On the bench in Chicago.  Now I will be the first to say that he really hasnt had a fair shake yet but besides him there are countless players from small schools that didnt amount to anything.

To point out the exceptions means you also have to look at the big picture and ALL the players drafted from FCS programs.

So while there are exceptions to the rule who breakout and are the feel good story of the season, most end up like Perry Klein, a standout at CW Post, who did nothing in the NFL.

Plain and simple, the SEC has the best/fastest hardnosed football TEAMS...not individuals.  Of course at smaller schools when a Gem is there, it will shine through, and seem brighter. 

Side note: Just my personal belief, but whoever is on top of the SEC(sometimes the 2nd or 3rd) at the end of the season WILL beat any team in the country.

falcons4life (4/10/2008)
While I disagree with the teams listed in the original post, I agree with the sentiment.

Bigger schools, stronger competition far outweighs the small school standout the MAJORITY of the time.

Yes, you can go on about Phill Simms, Payton, McNair yadda yadda but those guys are truly the EXCEPTIONS.

How many hundreds of small school guys amounted to nothing in the NFL before a gem like Payton was found?

Where is Adrian Peterson of Georgia Southern? On the bench in Chicago. Now I will be the first to say that he really hasnt had a fair shake yet but besides him there are countless players from small schools that didnt amount to anything.

To point out the exceptions means you also have to look at the big picture and ALL the players drafted from FCS programs.

So while there are exceptions to the rule who breakout and are the feel good story of the season, most end up like Perry Klein, a standout at CW Post, who did nothing in the NFL.

However, quite often success is a result of opportunity> The players from big schools get drafter higher. Players drafted higher are going to, if nothing else because the team wants its money's worth, get starts quicker. Getting starts leads to stats. . .

Guest Gritz
tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
It is so funny to me to watch people build teams and players up constantly and then when reality hits they wonder what happened. You gotta look at who someone is going up against to tell what there capable of. Bottom line. Some of yall may not like it but tough. Here's the truth. If a team or player has not competed against........

GEORGIA BULLDOGS

FLORIDA GATORS

AUBURN TIGERS

LSU TIGERS

TENNESSEE VOLS

I think you're finally on to something. I judge the quality of your posts against **** near everyone else's posts on this message board. Your posts always look very poorly thought out and juvenile.

tom Baldwin (4/10/2008)
GUYS I AINT TALKIN ABOUT 20 OR 40 YEARS AGO. I MEAN TODAY.

LaDanian Tomlinson didn't play in the SEC

Reggie Bush didn't play in the SEC

Marvin Harrison didn't play in the SEC

Tom Brady didn't play in the SEC

Without going back to all of there careers I can pretty much guarantee that they didn't play more than maybe (1) SEC game per season for their career.

The SEC is great college football, it doesn't automatically translate to the NFL..

And FYI; UGA hasn't put out a single top player in quite a while.

What is funny is there was only 1 player in the top 5 in there respective positions stats last year.  You on average had to go done to around 10-14 to find an sec player.  There was more small school players top 5 than most SEC and ACC players. The original poster your an idiot get over the whole SEC kick.