Iraqi people say: Thank you Bush

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080409/ts_af...rs_080409135644

Ibrahim Khalil, one of the Iraqis who pulled down the statue in Firdoos Square told AFP he regretted what he did that day.

"If history can take me back, I will kiss the statue of Saddam Hussein which I helped pull down," he said when he met an AFP reporter in the square.

"Now I realise that the day Baghdad fell was in fact a black day. Saddam's days were better. I ask Bush: 'Where are your promises of making Iraq a better country?'

"Under Saddam's regime, we were safe. We got rid of one Saddam, but today we have 50 Saddams," he said.

"When I saw the American tanks roll into Baghdad, I was happy and full of dreams... dreams of a prosperous Iraq, a developed Iraq. But since then it has become a nightmare of suffering and destruction," said Sarah Yussef, 25.

"The U.S.A came to occupy and cause destruction. We got nothing but disaster".

BirdsOfPrey (4/9/2008)
Lord Dark Helmet (4/9/2008)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080409/ts_af...rs_080409135644

Ibrahim Khalil, one of the Iraqis who pulled down the statue in Firdoos Square told AFP he regretted what he did that day.

"If history can take me back, I will kiss the statue of Saddam Hussein which I helped pull down," he said when he met an AFP reporter in the square.

"Now I realise that the day Baghdad fell was in fact a black day. Saddam's days were better. I ask Bush: 'Where are your promises of making Iraq a better country?'

"Under Saddam's regime, we were safe. We got rid of one Saddam, but today we have 50 Saddams," he said.

"When I saw the American tanks roll into Baghdad, I was happy and full of dreams... dreams of a prosperous Iraq, a developed Iraq. But since then it has become a nightmare of suffering and destruction," said Sarah Yussef, 25.

"The U.S.Acame to occupy and cause destruction. We got nothing but disaster".

Excellent job! You took the statement of ONE Iraqi civilian and painted the entire Iraqi population as having the same opinion. This is just like that thread that said 70% of Iraqis want the US out of Iraq when they only interviewed like 4,000 people out the 27.5 million people that live there.

Because I really dont know, was that sarcasm?

You are aware of the concept of polling, right?

grendel (4/9/2008)
BirdsOfPrey (4/9/2008)
grendel (4/9/2008)
I love seeing the clip where Rumsfield says the occupation may take 6 weeks, maybe 6 months. That one and the one where Cheney says we'll be greeted as liberators.

We were greeted as liberators.

...and then the IEDs started going off...

LOL

Yeah. All those insurgents who were Iraqis legitimately fighting the occupation greeted the US as liberators.

Neocolonialism man...