O-Line Vs. QB debate

Andy

Where do we begin, let's start with the OL. Last i checked we are only in need of two positions, LT and RG. Being that Jake Long will not be there at 3 we will have to address this problem with picks second round on anyway, agreed? Some on this board act like if we don't draft first round OL we are doomed. There should be no more question marks about our line after this draft no matter where we pick them up.

Okay, what is our goal for the next few years, preferably no more than three. To be an average to slightly above average team or to be SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

Some of the thinking on this board is alarming. I have heard several say we don't need a top signal caller to be successful in this system or we don't need a Qb at all. This is just simply crazy talking. Just look over all of the past superbowls and what you are going to find is that around 90% of them had great QB'S not average ones, with the exceptions of the phenominal defenses and don't kid yourselfs we are not even close even if we draft dorsey.

The point is next years crop of QBs look at this point worse than this years and there will not be any great QB's in free agency. So come on people i don't see where we have any option but to try to get who 90% of the football world thinks is the consensus #1 QB(the  10% that disagree being this message board)

No team drafting any QBs in any past drafts new for sure if they were getting a gem or bust. I remember Peyton Manning before the draft they were saying he had happy feet and that he couldn't win the big games(florida gators) No one truly gave him the credit he deserved until he won the superbowl. Same goes for his brother heck just a few games before the superbowl he was about to be kicked out of NY. These are just examples of pre draft jitters for teams and fans.

A great O-line with an average QB will get you average to Slightly above average seasons unless you have the defenses like the 85 bears, or the bucs the year they won, and the ravens in their year. Set your goals a little higher fellow fans we deserve it.

Andy (4/9/2008)
Where do we begin, let's start with the OL. Last i checked we are only in need of two positions, LT and RG. Being that Jake Long will not be there at 3 we will have to address this problem with picks second round on anyway, agreed? Some on this board act like if we don't draft first round OL we are doomed. There should be no more question marks about our line after this draft no matter where we pick them up.

Okay, what is our goal for the next few years, preferably no more than three. To be an average to slightly above average team or to be SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!

Some of the thinking on this board is alarming. I have heard several say we don't need a top signal caller to be successful in this system or we don't need a Qb at all. This is just simply crazy talking. Just look over all of the past superbowls and what you are going to find is that around 90% of them had great QB'S not average ones, with the exceptions of the phenominal defenses and don't kid yourselfs we are not even close even if we draft dorsey.

The point is next years crop of QBs look at this point worse than this years and there will not be any great QB's in free agency. So come on people i don't see where we have any option but to try to get who 90% of the football world thinks is the consensus #1 QB(the  10% that disagree being this message board)

No team drafting any QBs in any past drafts new for sure if they were getting a gem or bust. I remember Peyton Manning before the draft they were saying he had happy feet and that he couldn't win the big games(florida gators) No one truly gave him the credit he deserved until he won the superbowl. Same goes for his brother heck just a few games before the superbowl he was about to be kicked out of NY. These are just examples of pre draft jitters for teams and fans.

A great O-line with an average QB will get you average to Slightly above average seasons unless you have the defenses like the 85 bears, or the bucs the year they won, and the ravens in their year. Set your goals a little higher fellow fans we deserve it.

This is Redman's 4th year,it takes some time to be a true QB