I think Laurent Robinson is the best reciever we have what about ya'll?

AcetheRaider

here we go again with putting a label on young players again...a good reciever consists of 1000 yard mulitple seasons..roddy has had one, but im still suspect about him...not hatin or anything, but he just has alot to prove..and what makes yall think laurent is our best reciever??he missed alot of open catches last year from what i remember.

jimusmc (4/9/2008)
hes right behind roddy in our recieving corp.

jenkins this is his breakout year if he doesnt, a bust he is.

I agree about Jenkins, if he doesn't step his game up I don't see him back with us in 2009.

I don't see how you can intelligently say Laurent is the best, I feel good about his rookie performance but have seen nothing to say he is definitely the best.  Roddy White is the best receiver as of right now.  That being said, there is nothing stopping Laurent from coming out this year and being the best, which would be awesome, but only if Laurent beats out Roddy because he is really good and not because Roddy has an off year.  Either way, for now Roddy is our #1 receiver, Laurent is definitely our #2.  They should both have stellar years since our running game is going to be up and running, no pun intended.

Magic Man (4/9/2008)
laurent may be good, but he is only one year in. Roddy had a breakout last year, and in my opinion, is our best receiver right now.

I agree completely. Roddy on the field is the best, that could change but as for stats and tape last year, Robinson is the second best for now.

laurent needs to be more physical, especially since were going to be run heavy, roddys really excelled at run blocking (i think hes only been called for holding in 3rd downs wen it didnt matter, idk tho), so i wouldnt be surpirsed if jenkins gets alot of reps across from roddy because hes a big dude(i think he can block i havnt seen much of him in running situations)

Robinson should be a very solid number 2. As far as talent, both Roddy and Robinson are very talented. Roddy had the better season last year.

Since they both play for us, I don't really care which one turns out to be better. It's been ten years since I can recall having much of a receiving core. As long as we have someone to throw to them, things could be ok...