value of 2nd round pick?

i have been thinking alot.  it all depends of the 1st 2 picks.  the dolphins i think have to go Jake long.  and the Rams i think could go Jake Long or Chris Long

In my opinion, this would be perfect.  I would have to go with Glenn Dorsey. 

If he is not available, I would do everything i could to trade down.  I would try and get Sedrick Ellis DT with the pick recieved.

I just think we need to uprade that DT spot, we all know we have a good outside pass rush.  now we need to clog the middle.

----------------

all of this being said.  I think we should trade our last 2 picks in the second round.  with the point value chart, those two combined picks #s 37 and 48 have a value of 960.  with these two picks, we can move all the way up to 17 in the 1st round.

Think about the quality of guys we could get.  B Brohm, an excellent OT, CB any # of positions.  Then after this pick...

you still have one of the top 2nd rounders.  with this pick, try and fill a whole at WR or OT

I think we have alot of amo to trade up if there is a very good player slipping.

If we can get Ellis or Dorsey...it sucks, but we can get the DT from ND Laws.

what are your thoughts???

Boley59 (4/9/2008)
i think we stay put in round 2.  We have to many needs and 3 quality players sure sounds liek a good way to do it.

I'm with you on this one give away to 2nds to gain one first no I think to we should stay with three picks in the 2nd.Its a popular opinion that Brohm won't get outta the first but I'm thinking he may.I think with 3 2nds we are still in excellant position to get quality players and fill the holes we have.

if you feel the need to move up in the draft, 27 is the perfect spot. the chargers have very few picks so might be willing to move down for 48, a 4th, and possibly a 4th or 5th next year. i think brohm is still there at 27, i think the real threats are someone making a huge offer to get higher, the niners and dolphins both of whom pick after 27. we sacrifice a 4th but get a quarterback(brohm preferably, possibly henne who will probably be miamis second round pick if we dont move up and brohm is already taken)