Not a good day for brantley or tebow at spring practice..

SacFalcFan

John Brantley must be wondering if he did something to tick off the coaching staff. During his first time out during 11-on-11 drills he was being protected by an offensive line which featured 3 walk-ons and 2 other players Corey Hobbs and Jim Barrie who have yet to play in a game.

The result was back to back sacks.

Then the staff reshuffled the line and put in Marcus Gilbert at right tackle and Johnson at left guard, moving Barrie to the right side, but Jaye Howard then got to him twice in a row.

The first time Howard sacked Brantley, he drove him to the ground, which brought Cameron Newton storming in taking issue with Howard (they were separated).

It was a rough practice all around for Brantley who suffered through 2-3 picks on the day including the very last play of the day (by John Curtis).

Things weren't much better for the starter. Tim Tebow had a Jekyll & Hyde act going on.

He looked great at one moment, terrible the next on his way to 4-5 picks on the afternoon. At least one of them was tipped, but two others, he simply made bad throws or poor decisions.

On one play, during the hurry up offense portion of the drills, he threw a pick to Dustin Doe (in today's video highlights) while falling backward off balance.

They were on the middle field, making it hard to measure the distance by counting yard markers, but both Caleb Sturgis and Jonathan Phillips were more on than off today from long range. Sturgis' last kick, which he nailed, had to go a good 55 to 60 yards. Phillips had the distance plus from over 50-yards, but ended up hitting the upright.

Usually when there's a coach on the offensive side of the raising his voice, it goes without saying that it's line coach Steve Addazio. However today, while the offense was on the middle field - well away from the crowd, a voice could be heard reading the offense the riot act. For the first time this spring, maybe the first time ever, offensive coordinator Dan Mullen chewed out the players on his side of the ball for several minutes.

The coaches got on Jerimy Finch for not being physical enough on one play, reminding him that he was a linebacker. Taking it to heart, on the very next play Lorenzo Edwards drilled Riley Cooper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With two picks on the day, Wondy Pierre-Louis might have slipped into Monday's top 5. However he was also beaten a couple of times and on his last interception, to end the 1st team offenses 2-minute drill drive, he attempted to run his pick-off back down the sideline with Chuck Heater in tow yelling at him to get down. Heater explained to him that the game is over with the interception, if he runs it back, he could fumble it giving the opposing team a chance. As a junior-to-be, he should play smarter than that.

After doing little to nothing in the passing game this spring, Cornelius Ingram had his best day catching the ball.

During the 1-on-1 'touchdown' tackling drills, Kestahn Moore was once again the back most consistently hard to wrap up. He also made some big runs during 9-on-7 drills.

Emmanuel Moody had a couple of good runs including a 35-to-40 yard run before being stopped by Hornsby, that was the longest run of the day. However he also had an issue holding on to the ball (it looked like a shovel pass). At the end of the day he was doing up-and-downs with a ball in each hand. He had Urban Meyer walking in front of him the entire length of the field.

I saw ol Timmy out the other night. Maybe being out till 2 am taking pics with every gator fan in Gainesville had something to do with it... Maybe he was having nightmares of UGA after I tried to make him say "GOOO DAWGS" and hold up the number 6 for MY photo session with him. He actually whimpered a little bit after I said the name...MARCUS HOWARD.

Naw, I didn't mentally rape the kid like that but he was out at one of Gainesvilles worst "clubs".

Vince DiLetto (4/8/2008)
I saw ol Timmy out the other night. Maybe being out till 2 am taking pics with every gator fan in Gainesville had something to do with it... Maybe he was having nightmares of UGA after I tried to make him say "GOOO DAWGS" and hold up the number 6 for MY photo session with him. He actually whimpered a little bit after I said the name...MARCUS HOWARD.

Naw, I didn't mentally rape the kid like that but he was out at one of Gainesvilles worst "clubs".

Cool back...